March 11th, 2010

This is 'This Just In'

You're reading "This Just In," CNN's new news blog.

You’ll find all the breaking news of the day here, from big stories like earthquakes and elections to interesting notes on the naming of the world’s richest man and Charlie Sheen’s return to his sitcom.

There’ll be posts from yours truly and the staff of CNN at large to give you the latest from the CNN Wire, plus the scoops and interviews and insight that make this a really fun and interesting place to be. You’ll know when we have live streams of events and videos of news can be posted within minutes of them coming in. Whatever confirmed information we're hearing and reporting is what you'll be reading and watching.

We aim to look far and wide at what you and the rest of the Web community are interested in and talking about with features like Web Pulse - which takes a look at the collective conversation of the internet according to Google trends, Twitter, etc. This is also the place to find out who the day’s Most Intriguing People are and there’s easy access to our Twitter account @cnnbrk.

We are essentially in "beta mode" right now, so this is a great time to let us know what you think. You can comment on every post, so get to it.

Gotta go now, news is breaking.

– Mallory and Manav

1. hoser

The Democraps are blaming everyone but themselves for the mess we are in. They are the ones that stole social security during the Johnson years and created Fanny and Freddie ruled but Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. No one seems to talk about them being the ones that brought down the economy.All I hear is, "It's George Bush's Fault". I guess there of plenty of uneducated liberals that believe that.

July 28, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • gallivansgarage

repeating an untruth over and over, even when done in an orchestrated display like what we have been enduring from the right wing or Republicans, does not make it a truth. and when the same words are used in lockstep by so many it is an obvious lie of misinformation. please go bother your neighbor or kick a big rock. or just go away.

July 29, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. hoser

Awesome take down my post because it stated the truth – gotta love a news outfit like this.

July 28, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Kevin

We're all done with the dems and repubs that only give lip service. It is truly time for a change if you can't get spending in line and balance. We know you won't do it, but this will fuel the fire for what will come. It is time for you all to get out in the real world and earn your living.

July 28, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Bubba EDEN

QUIT GIVING TAX $$$ AWAY TO OTHER COUNTRIES, AND GET OUT OF ALL THESE WARS!!

July 29, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Bubba EDEN

ALSO TAKE AWAY POLITICIANS PERKS, LIKE LIMO'S AND SUCH, AND GIVE THEM A 50% CUT IN PAY, UNTIL THEY DO THEIR JOB RIGHT.

July 29, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Mike

What was wrong with Simpson/Bowles if the President had been willing to lead just a little. We need real spending cuts, not refiguring, but revenue enhancement needs to be part of the solution, as well. Fair, even-handed, but a real change from "business as usual".

July 29, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Sharon

Flat tax rate no matter what you earn is the way to go. This gives kids incentive to study hard in school and work hard. If we punish the hard working successful people in this country by making them give away their money, why should they continue to work hard? We need spending cuts and a balanced budget. If the "rich" hard workers sell their assets and leave this country, who is going to pay for free lunch for kids(who have smart phones and i pods), free health care for kids, medicaid, food stamps(for people who can still afford booze and smokes), charter schools for disadvantaged kids etc. Support our troops and defense for our country which is what "all" citizens, not just the "hard-working rich" should pay for. Who is going to support this country when the business owners and rich leave?

July 31, 2011 at 1:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • steve

they already left, they just claim American residency so they can avoid paying taxes

August 15, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Allan

What we see is the sad spectacle of the GOP held hostage to the tea party nuts. The GOP leaders appears as clown masters, where the clowns are now running the show. Boehner and McConnell should reflect on what brought them to this sorry state, because they are the ones responsible for it.

July 31, 2011 at 8:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Teresa Munoz

Teresa Munoz

I say we start getting rid of the waste in the White House! Why do these Men and Woman of the United States get to have Sunday off when the JOB is not done, Heck I would lose my job. We need to look at all the waste and get rid of it. We as voters need to look at this! I have one check book and mine is balanced every month as I'm sure alot of Americans do the same. We are asked to pay our bills all the time, So why is the White House even thinking of not paying there bills? I say do a 20% across the board tax bill for everyone, I say what we pay for to in port or export they meaning over seas pay the same! And why when we have a program out there we have to have another program out there to make sure the one we had first gets done? I say we bring home some of our Fine Americans over seas and start taking care of our own boarders! It's time to take care of waste and start saving. It does not take a Rocket Science to do this. I'll ever take my own time to help out with the BUDGET!!

July 31, 2011 at 10:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Dave

I find it tragic that nothing (and I mean nothing) like the Tea Baggers and their steadfastness in standing up for their beliefs exists in Obama's administration.....he seems willing to abandon the senior citizens, the middle class, and the poor in the name of political expediency......we thought we elected a Lion to stand up to the Republicans and the Tea Baggers.......instead we have elected a mouse! Will I support Obama in 2012 …..NO! NO WAY!! Obama's unwillingness to even try to take the bold step of using the 14th amendment to solve the debt ceiling crisis has cost him the vital support of the core Democrats for 2012.

August 1, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Ray

why don't we offer companies the ability to keep their Bush tax cuts, but ONLY if they hire new people-isn't that the best of both worlds? If you don't hire, then you get to give us more of your fair share, if you do hire, then you stimulate the economy AND your company pocketbook. Isn't this a bit Republican and a bit Democrat? I"m sure a formula could be worked out to determine how many people a company would have to hire depending on the size of the company

August 5, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • steve

Ray, they already have the cuts, no one took them from them, they were even offered more incentives and stimuli that the GOP is complaining about and the private sector still refuses to hire, the only thing else Obama can do is go build the factory and do the hiring himself

August 15, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  12. vetnam vet

WHY WERE THEY ALL ON ONE AIRCRAFT?

August 6, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. http://www.airbedpros.com

Running my business, I would not even want to raise my debt ceiling! I'm only concerned with getting rid of it. Until they find a front runner with a plan, I think we all better pray!

August 15, 2011 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. http://www.airbedpros.com

I hope we can find someone to elect who will do what they say they are going to instead of bowing to special interests!

August 15, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Billy

About 11AM I cought a peice of CNN news as I was walking by my TV Some rich Guy said he wouldent mind kicking in a little more. OK tell you what I am willing to do. I am on a Fixed Income of $1476. a month cant aford to do much but If you will help out our econemy by giving what you can afford Then I am willing to kick in a couple of hundred bucks. Problem is WHO do we trust giving our money to. Not to sure who we can trust our goverement with any extra money??

August 16, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • kim

So here's the deal – if we save the folks that earn over 1 million dollars a year some money by giving them a tax cut – they will invest it all in hiring people and starting businesses – I just don't trust 'em – they're just a little too greedy – they'd probably just keep it.

Tell you what – give ME a couple hundred thousand this year and I'LL start the business and hire people. It's the same thing – i'll just feel better if i get it.

September 21, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • EXEUSA

He said she said- government killed again- He said she said.. no physical evidence..... He said she said no weapon.. He said another death mockup again he said she said How many innocent people Americans killing American without a fair trial until PROVEN guilty. He said she said was that 7 to 9 that retracted. He said she said. Another great stupid role to show how our system works. He said she said. Troy Davis there will be people finding you innocent Not Our Pathetic Government He said she said. Shame on Our COURTS! He said she said.

September 21, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |