March 11th, 2010

This is 'This Just In'

You're reading "This Just In," CNN's new news blog.

You’ll find all the breaking news of the day here, from big stories like earthquakes and elections to interesting notes on the naming of the world’s richest man and Charlie Sheen’s return to his sitcom.

There’ll be posts from yours truly and the staff of CNN at large to give you the latest from the CNN Wire, plus the scoops and interviews and insight that make this a really fun and interesting place to be. You’ll know when we have live streams of events and videos of news can be posted within minutes of them coming in. Whatever confirmed information we're hearing and reporting is what you'll be reading and watching.

We aim to look far and wide at what you and the rest of the Web community are interested in and talking about with features like Web Pulse - which takes a look at the collective conversation of the internet according to Google trends, Twitter, etc. This is also the place to find out who the day’s Most Intriguing People are and there’s easy access to our Twitter account @cnnbrk.

We are essentially in "beta mode" right now, so this is a great time to let us know what you think. You can comment on every post, so get to it.

Gotta go now, news is breaking.

– Mallory and Manav

1. jewmuse

http://youtu.be/5qSXrnkSeKs HAPPY PASSOVER! ENJOY!

April 17, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • alexander

5 million dead over the last ten years and one person get's killed and it's a big deal

May 9, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Marconi Darwin

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
    – G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
    – G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

"Mission Accomplished" banner overseeing G W Bush May 1, 2003

"I can report to the American people and to the world, that the US has conducted an operation that killed Osama bin Laden.”... "Shortly after taking office, I directed... the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority." Obama, 5/1/11

BWP.

BWpa.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

May 2, 2011 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Digger

It's always a pealusre to hear from someone with expertise.

January 3, 2012 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Tim

Monday, May-02-11
    This is a moment when one’s actions and words define one’s position in the War on Terror. Somebody, has to reign in that traitor Ali Velshi . He purports to speak for New York City, but the only person he has interviewed is a fanatic Imam that is trying to build on Mosque on ground zero. I know New Yorkers are arriving at work wanting to speak out on the death of Bin Laden, and he doesn’t let us hear a single one. Your censorship unit mustn’t let this traitor’s broadcast to continue. In doing so CNN is siding with fundamentalist Islam in these definitive times, and is ultimately behaving as a tool of the enemy.

May 2, 2011 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  4. derrick

I would like to know how dna testing was done so quickly

May 2, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • chippewaprincess1978

Because They Are The Government & When They Want Results They Get Same Day Or Next Day Service :)

May 2, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Teresa S.

I heard they had DNA from a 1/2 sister who was treated in Boston for a brain tumor in the last 10 years. I also heard they retained her DNA just in case this opportunity came up. Don't know if this is true or not, but it is what I heard somewhere.

May 3, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • shaulbensoni

It's a conspiracy Derrick. Just like Obama being born in Africa and us faking the moon landing. Dna matching can be performed in a matter of hours. I have spent most of my life performing and supervising clinical laboratory tests. Get the facts before creating conspiracies based on nothing more than ignorance.

May 4, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cooljm

To all conspiracy theorist If you don't believe Bin Ladenis dead let him show up on CNN and give an interview proving he's alive with acopy of the days New York Times in his hands

May 6, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. adlm

As a news organization-supposedly CNN considers itself a Journalistic authority (?)- then call this terrorist by his name..... and as the FBI and CIA have his name listed on their websites. UBL= Usama bin Laden (or Ladin).

May 2, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cooljm

Did you forget Bin Laden is responsiblle for the Death of over 3000 americans. and he declared war on the US. do we have to try every combatant we kill in the war ie. Vietnam, How many did we kill there that had no weapons?

May 6, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. adlm

Visit the websites of the FBI and CIA to learn how to spell this terrorist's name. Or maybe you should check with Fox News since they have it correct.

May 2, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. thankful

picture of bin laden after being killed is on youtube and it is definitely him. check it out.

May 2, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Teresa S.

Snopes says that is a fake. a superimposure.
      I saw it too, it looked real to me, but evidently it is not. I doubt the original pics have been released to anyone but very top gov. officials.

May 3, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  8. chippewaprincess1978

I Have A Question 2 Ask....While Talking About Bin Ladin On CNN They Stated Twice About How Bin Ladin Went Out Like Geronimo. Can Someone Please Explain 2 Me Why They Used Geronimo's Name In Reference 2 How Bin Ladin Died?? Cause If You See It From My Point Of View It Is Written Clearly That It Was A Racial Comment Towards Native People. However, I Am Trying 2 Figure This Out Cause It Could Possibly Not Be I Am Just Simply Asking!! Or Did The Government Use Geronimo As A Code Word Of Attack?? Can Someone Please Explain??

May 2, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • dac

Are you asking for help in finding reasons to be offended? The mission planners gave him a code name, they picked Geronimo. Should they not ever use that word without asking permission from the internet?

May 3, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mark

Two helicopters were used, One had mechanical issues and was destroyed – How did SEALS, Bodies and evidence leave area – How was DNA completed so quickly?

May 3, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • shaulbensoni

It's a CONSPIRACY like the moon landing and Obama being born in Africa and Roswell. When are you conspiracy people going to get a life? Oh and btw, I am a clinical scientist and yes dna matching can easily be completed in a matter of hours. Dna sequencing is a whole different matter. Also, four helicopters were used in the raid. One must get the facts right first and then ask INTELLIGENT questions. Most conspiracy people however, just hear and read what they want and then go off on a tangent creating these stupid theories that are based on nothing more than hearsay.

May 4, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cooljm

Who cares he's dead.....If you think this is aconspiracy let him do an interview on CNN.

May 6, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. ED H

Ok, can we be REALISTIC for a moment? I would appreciate seeing the Osama photos, but saying that the people around the world need to see concrete proof? Do you actually believe that any of the doubters would actually BELIEVE that the photos are real? The only thing they would believe is if they could actually see the body in person. I can ALREADY hear them saying the photos were faked. Yes, I'd like to see them, and think we can view them – OR NOT- if we so choose, but I respest the decision made and can live with it

May 4, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Tommy C

Everybody seems to condemn waterboarding or means of torture. I recal some years ago seeing armed men standing behind a captured detainee, hostage in the Arab world, with another man covered in a black mask and head covering also dressed in black holding a long sharp sword in his hands- ready to behead the innocent hostage. The event was shown to the countries of the Arab world as the hostage was beheaded. At least the person waterboarded was given a chance to live and they were terrorist-Many if not all of the beheaded hostages were innocent people who were grusomely beheaded and they had no chance at life. Even before they were beheaded, they were beaten and tortured.
    If torutre of a terrorist saves the lives of the innocent-Sadly I say torture.

May 5, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Brett Gunderson

I want to know what the president was thinking inviting "rapper" Common to the White house for "Night of Poetry" ??? Really

May 10, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  13. ANDRE HIMES

The white feminists and those whites who a long history of embracing white supremacy will soon discover it will not be easy to get rid of andre himes. Neither SATAN(the king of the both the hiphop and the antebbelum nations) nor will the demon rulers of this world will be surprise by andre himes miraculous survival in the future,since by looking at forehead they knew what the white feminist and those whites who a long history of embracing white supremacy did not know.Under racial profiling many black ameriacns were arrested and were either marytred within the prison system or were deported to africa and were martyredd there and were buried in mass graves in the sudan and in the congo.

May 16, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  14. yaa

The Stolen Generation was from 1869-1969 thats the same year the Jews return to Isreal God was warning poeple. The same way they took the children in Australia thats how he was going take away the Christian but people did not pay attention. The rapture has already happened read Genesis 15 the whole chapter. I was born on 06 20 1969 and the rapture was July 1st 2009. God said I'm decendants of Isaackar in the old Testament. Revelation 18 : 2 was fulfilled when Egypt President resigned. God revealed himself to me when i was 14 years old. This is the best time to accept Jesus as your personal savior. There will be no rapture again trust me the rapture has already happened. were in the the tribulation period. below is the letter i've sent to churches around the world.
    April 28, 2011

Dear Brother's and sister's in Christ,

God has put this message on my heart to write this letter to all the churches in the world. Christ has Rapture/come for his bride on JULY 1ST 2009 at exactly 1pm to the New Jerusalem. I know when you receive this letter you want believe its OK, God is my witness. The Two witnesses in the Book of Revelation came to everybody in Dream and in vision, but people did not notice that. The rapture has also occur and people did not notice it also. We are in the Tribulation period. I told a few people and they don't believe it either. Last night when i was asleep the spirit of God came in a dream to write this letter, because it has already prophecy by the early prophet in the old Testament.

1. Around December 2007 two women who looks like angels came to me in a dream, and as I was talking to them I was talking to them, I look outside the window and I saw plenty people all ready to go. I asked them who are those people outside, and they said the people God is getting ready to go to the New Jerusalem, and my eyes opened in the dream.

2. On July 1st 2009, at exactly 1pm, i was whipped out of my body to Billions of billions miles away, I saw God , I saw Jesus, I went through the Judgment , prayed and went to the New Jerusalem.

I did not want to write this because i know nobody will believe me, but something within my spirit is forcing me to write this.

May God Richly bless any one who read this..

Yours, in Christ....

May 20, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  15. KSW

Why is there nothing on CNN about Justice David Prosser chocking a fellow judge during a dispute in her office...

June 27, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |