March 11th, 2010

This is 'This Just In'

You're reading "This Just In," CNN's new news blog.

You’ll find all the breaking news of the day here, from big stories like earthquakes and elections to interesting notes on the naming of the world’s richest man and Charlie Sheen’s return to his sitcom.

There’ll be posts from yours truly and the staff of CNN at large to give you the latest from the CNN Wire, plus the scoops and interviews and insight that make this a really fun and interesting place to be. You’ll know when we have live streams of events and videos of news can be posted within minutes of them coming in. Whatever confirmed information we're hearing and reporting is what you'll be reading and watching.

We aim to look far and wide at what you and the rest of the Web community are interested in and talking about with features like Web Pulse - which takes a look at the collective conversation of the internet according to Google trends, Twitter, etc. This is also the place to find out who the day’s Most Intriguing People are and there’s easy access to our Twitter account @cnnbrk.

We are essentially in "beta mode" right now, so this is a great time to let us know what you think. You can comment on every post, so get to it.

Gotta go now, news is breaking.

– Mallory and Manav

1. kim

I by all means do not think Casey is innocent but I was really surprised that the defense did not try to say that Roy Kronk did not get the duct tape from one of the posters, didn't they say the same duct tape was used to hang posters? And anyone could have stuck a heart sticker on the tape...I am from Oklahoma and the Murrah Building had many items left on the fence surrounding the bombing memorial and there were toys, pictures, posters, stickers, etc...I know that there still is the question of how she got there....I was just thinking out loud.

July 4, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Donna

Can just see a repeat of the OJ trial after he got off the hook.

July 5, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. dawn

justice system in this country is garbage no justice for caylee anthony

July 5, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • cynthia

i truly agree with you biffelina .. so sad

July 5, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • mark

you are wrong casey anthony might be guilty but the justice system we have as for once actually worked if you werent there you have no Idea who killed caley and the prosecution didnt prove a damn thing and it wasnt anything like the OJ trial because this defense was given to her by the state of florida she picked baez and had no money to pay so the state paid and there was no proof of who did it personally I think her dad did it as ex cop he through his daughter under the bus to get out of it

July 5, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Sandy

Feels like OJ all over again...

July 5, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Erika

Really???????

July 5, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. maria

She clearly murdered her child! I hope she gets what she deseves! What a stupid jury!

July 5, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • maria

I hope Grandma can sleep knowing she helped her grandaughter's murderer get away! Both deserve to rot in HELL!!!

July 5, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Lauren

CNN, you have the worst reporters!!!! Quote: "We have the best system in the world!" Are you kidding me? I have no faith in this system! Casey Anthony should burn in hell for what she did and CNN needs to stop praising our system and supporting murderers! Give up the politics for one day and just look at whats right in front of you!!! This system disgusts me and so does your news station!

July 5, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. prpittman

racism at it's best! this is a travesty of justice. this monster will be out by thursday, completely free to party and reproduce, and even kill again. these people just did not want to send this lily white monster to the chair. if this had been a young black woman who behaved as she had, she would have been convicted the first day. And would your commentators please stop saying that the system works....YOU SOUND RIDICULOUS!! That precious child was murdered by her mother, and there is not justice for her!

July 5, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Tammy

Let's see how long before she murders again!!!!!! Stupid jury!

July 5, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Janet

Never should any news network assume that a defendant is guilty in such a blatant way that CNN in particular has before the outcome of a trial. No One of us really knows what happened. Only that family knows. How can CNN in particular go ahead and "hang" someone, before a jury verdict comes in.

I agree that this girl has problems, but everyone in thsi country deserves a fair defense and trial.

July 5, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. sosad

Race has absolutly nothing to do with it. OJ was black and got the same free ride as this woman. Clearly something is wrong with this system and the people who decided on this verdict. Unbelievable

July 5, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. JoLayne Wilson

wow is all I can say I am a mother whose daughter was sitting on a death penalty case and she did nothing to aid or help in the crime but because she was there she was convicted ten years ago with a life sentence of 51 years I say the jury and the system fails to many good people and lets the crimminal walk it is just sad and I pray that one day the real truth will come out for my daughter to this day I pray the lord intervines for her because he is the one that knows the truth and I have always been told the truth will set her free sure do wish I could find an attorney who would help my daughter we live in a good old boy state and I have seen to many cases here that they always let the bad person go and the innocent get the sentence of life for doing nothing the justice system is just wrong in Sevierville, TN and that is what I think. rest in peace little Cayle

July 5, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Trutvwatcher

Can't help but wonder what her life will be like out in the real world now that this is over. Will her family welcome her back after she threw everyone under the bus? Can anyone trust her to be a friend, family member or employee? Regardless of what happened, she had a major role in the death of her daughter.....she admitted that much. Can't wait to hear what the jury was thinking and how they came to the decision they did. I am so glad I wasn't on that jury, what a difficult responsibility!!!!

July 5, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. JohnnyF

This is the first time I have joined in on anything like this, but I wanted to after watching CNN and all the talking heads that had thought there was going to be a guilty verdict and are so shocked. What we think has no place in the courtroom. I too think she did it, but there is a reason for a trial, and that is the presentation of evidence. There was no evidence offered to prove she did it. The prosecution couldn't even provide an actual cause of death. I don't know if all the "experts" on CNN was watching a different trial than the one I saw, but I was not offered the evidence needed to put someone on death row, which I also believe in. Why is there so much shock when the prosecution rushed to a case without the needed evidence?

July 5, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Peggy Lawrence

Those jurors must be the most ignorant people on the planet. The information was not that difficult to figure out. Justice was not served for little Caylee and those idiots just set a cold blooded, narcissistic sociopath loose on the public. I hope Casey rots. She belongs in prison- especially since she has nothing to go back to, she completely destroyed each member of her family with her lies and accusations. I suspect the jurors can get on with their vacation plans now. They were a complete waste of time. What a travesty. I am ashamed and furious. I guess they're right. You can't fix stupid.

July 5, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mrgray

Guess they will now arrest George Anthony on the charge of improperly disposing of a body, since 12 "supposedly" intelligent people must believe that he found Caylee drown in the swimming pool, told Casey to keep quiet, stuffed the body in a laundry bag and dumped it less than a mile from his home. This and the OJ Simpson trial are proof positive that juries can be TOTALLY stupid! I'd be willing to bet that if those 12 idots were caught outside in a heavy Florida downpour, they all drown!

July 5, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |