March 11th, 2010

This is 'This Just In'

You're reading "This Just In," CNN's new news blog.

You’ll find all the breaking news of the day here, from big stories like earthquakes and elections to interesting notes on the naming of the world’s richest man and Charlie Sheen’s return to his sitcom.

There’ll be posts from yours truly and the staff of CNN at large to give you the latest from the CNN Wire, plus the scoops and interviews and insight that make this a really fun and interesting place to be. You’ll know when we have live streams of events and videos of news can be posted within minutes of them coming in. Whatever confirmed information we're hearing and reporting is what you'll be reading and watching.

We aim to look far and wide at what you and the rest of the Web community are interested in and talking about with features like Web Pulse - which takes a look at the collective conversation of the internet according to Google trends, Twitter, etc. This is also the place to find out who the day’s Most Intriguing People are and there’s easy access to our Twitter account @cnnbrk.

We are essentially in "beta mode" right now, so this is a great time to let us know what you think. You can comment on every post, so get to it.

Gotta go now, news is breaking.

- Mallory and Manav

1. ED H

Ok, can we be REALISTIC for a moment? I would appreciate seeing the Osama photos, but saying that the people around the world need to see concrete proof? Do you actually believe that any of the doubters would actually BELIEVE that the photos are real? The only thing they would believe is if they could actually see the body in person. I can ALREADY hear them saying the photos were faked. Yes, I'd like to see them, and think we can view them – OR NOT- if we so choose, but I respest the decision made and can live with it

May 4, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Tommy C

Everybody seems to condemn waterboarding or means of torture. I recal some years ago seeing armed men standing behind a captured detainee, hostage in the Arab world, with another man covered in a black mask and head covering also dressed in black holding a long sharp sword in his hands- ready to behead the innocent hostage. The event was shown to the countries of the Arab world as the hostage was beheaded. At least the person waterboarded was given a chance to live and they were terrorist-Many if not all of the beheaded hostages were innocent people who were grusomely beheaded and they had no chance at life. Even before they were beheaded, they were beaten and tortured.
    If torutre of a terrorist saves the lives of the innocent-Sadly I say torture.

May 5, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Brett Gunderson

I want to know what the president was thinking inviting "rapper" Common to the White house for "Night of Poetry" ??? Really

May 10, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |

The white feminists and those whites who a long history of embracing white supremacy will soon discover it will not be easy to get rid of andre himes. Neither SATAN(the king of the both the hiphop and the antebbelum nations) nor will the demon rulers of this world will be surprise by andre himes miraculous survival in the future,since by looking at forehead they knew what the white feminist and those whites who a long history of embracing white supremacy did not know.Under racial profiling many black ameriacns were arrested and were either marytred within the prison system or were deported to africa and were martyredd there and were buried in mass graves in the sudan and in the congo.

May 16, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  5. yaa

The Stolen Generation was from 1869-1969 thats the same year the Jews return to Isreal God was warning poeple. The same way they took the children in Australia thats how he was going take away the Christian but people did not pay attention. The rapture has already happened read Genesis 15 the whole chapter. I was born on 06 20 1969 and the rapture was July 1st 2009. God said I'm decendants of Isaackar in the old Testament. Revelation 18 : 2 was fulfilled when Egypt President resigned. God revealed himself to me when i was 14 years old. This is the best time to accept Jesus as your personal savior. There will be no rapture again trust me the rapture has already happened. were in the the tribulation period. below is the letter i've sent to churches around the world.
    April 28, 2011

Dear Brother's and sister's in Christ,

God has put this message on my heart to write this letter to all the churches in the world. Christ has Rapture/come for his bride on JULY 1ST 2009 at exactly 1pm to the New Jerusalem. I know when you receive this letter you want believe its OK, God is my witness. The Two witnesses in the Book of Revelation came to everybody in Dream and in vision, but people did not notice that. The rapture has also occur and people did not notice it also. We are in the Tribulation period. I told a few people and they don't believe it either. Last night when i was asleep the spirit of God came in a dream to write this letter, because it has already prophecy by the early prophet in the old Testament.

1. Around December 2007 two women who looks like angels came to me in a dream, and as I was talking to them I was talking to them, I look outside the window and I saw plenty people all ready to go. I asked them who are those people outside, and they said the people God is getting ready to go to the New Jerusalem, and my eyes opened in the dream.

2. On July 1st 2009, at exactly 1pm, i was whipped out of my body to Billions of billions miles away, I saw God , I saw Jesus, I went through the Judgment , prayed and went to the New Jerusalem.

I did not want to write this because i know nobody will believe me, but something within my spirit is forcing me to write this.

May God Richly bless any one who read this..

Yours, in Christ....

May 20, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  6. KSW

Why is there nothing on CNN about Justice David Prosser chocking a fellow judge during a dispute in her office...

June 27, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  7. kim

I by all means do not think Casey is innocent but I was really surprised that the defense did not try to say that Roy Kronk did not get the duct tape from one of the posters, didn't they say the same duct tape was used to hang posters? And anyone could have stuck a heart sticker on the tape...I am from Oklahoma and the Murrah Building had many items left on the fence surrounding the bombing memorial and there were toys, pictures, posters, stickers, etc...I know that there still is the question of how she got there....I was just thinking out loud.

July 4, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Donna

Can just see a repeat of the OJ trial after he got off the hook.

July 5, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  9. dawn

justice system in this country is garbage no justice for caylee anthony

July 5, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • cynthia

i truly agree with you biffelina .. so sad

July 5, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • mark

you are wrong casey anthony might be guilty but the justice system we have as for once actually worked if you werent there you have no Idea who killed caley and the prosecution didnt prove a damn thing and it wasnt anything like the OJ trial because this defense was given to her by the state of florida she picked baez and had no money to pay so the state paid and there was no proof of who did it personally I think her dad did it as ex cop he through his daughter under the bus to get out of it

July 5, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sandy

Feels like OJ all over again...

July 5, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Erika

July 5, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  12. maria

She clearly murdered her child! I hope she gets what she deseves! What a stupid jury!

July 5, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • maria

I hope Grandma can sleep knowing she helped her grandaughter's murderer get away! Both deserve to rot in HELL!!!

July 5, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Lauren

CNN, you have the worst reporters!!!! Quote: "We have the best system in the world!" Are you kidding me? I have no faith in this system! Casey Anthony should burn in hell for what she did and CNN needs to stop praising our system and supporting murderers! Give up the politics for one day and just look at whats right in front of you!!! This system disgusts me and so does your news station!

July 5, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  14. prpittman

racism at it's best! this is a travesty of justice. this monster will be out by thursday, completely free to party and reproduce, and even kill again. these people just did not want to send this lily white monster to the chair. if this had been a young black woman who behaved as she had, she would have been convicted the first day. And would your commentators please stop saying that the system works....YOU SOUND RIDICULOUS!! That precious child was murdered by her mother, and there is not justice for her!

July 5, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Tammy

Let's see how long before she murders again!!!!!! Stupid jury!

July 5, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |