March 11th, 2010

This is 'This Just In'

You're reading "This Just In," CNN's new news blog.

You’ll find all the breaking news of the day here, from big stories like earthquakes and elections to interesting notes on the naming of the world’s richest man and Charlie Sheen’s return to his sitcom.

There’ll be posts from yours truly and the staff of CNN at large to give you the latest from the CNN Wire, plus the scoops and interviews and insight that make this a really fun and interesting place to be. You’ll know when we have live streams of events and videos of news can be posted within minutes of them coming in. Whatever confirmed information we're hearing and reporting is what you'll be reading and watching.

We aim to look far and wide at what you and the rest of the Web community are interested in and talking about with features like Web Pulse - which takes a look at the collective conversation of the internet according to Google trends, Twitter, etc. This is also the place to find out who the day’s Most Intriguing People are and there’s easy access to our Twitter account @cnnbrk.

We are essentially in "beta mode" right now, so this is a great time to let us know what you think. You can comment on every post, so get to it.

Gotta go now, news is breaking.

- Mallory and Manav

1. Janet

Never should any news network assume that a defendant is guilty in such a blatant way that CNN in particular has before the outcome of a trial. No One of us really knows what happened. Only that family knows. How can CNN in particular go ahead and "hang" someone, before a jury verdict comes in.

I agree that this girl has problems, but everyone in thsi country deserves a fair defense and trial.

July 5, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. sosad

Race has absolutly nothing to do with it. OJ was black and got the same free ride as this woman. Clearly something is wrong with this system and the people who decided on this verdict. Unbelievable

July 5, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  3. JoLayne Wilson

wow is all I can say I am a mother whose daughter was sitting on a death penalty case and she did nothing to aid or help in the crime but because she was there she was convicted ten years ago with a life sentence of 51 years I say the jury and the system fails to many good people and lets the crimminal walk it is just sad and I pray that one day the real truth will come out for my daughter to this day I pray the lord intervines for her because he is the one that knows the truth and I have always been told the truth will set her free sure do wish I could find an attorney who would help my daughter we live in a good old boy state and I have seen to many cases here that they always let the bad person go and the innocent get the sentence of life for doing nothing the justice system is just wrong in Sevierville, TN and that is what I think. rest in peace little Cayle

July 5, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Trutvwatcher

Can't help but wonder what her life will be like out in the real world now that this is over. Will her family welcome her back after she threw everyone under the bus? Can anyone trust her to be a friend, family member or employee? Regardless of what happened, she had a major role in the death of her daughter.....she admitted that much. Can't wait to hear what the jury was thinking and how they came to the decision they did. I am so glad I wasn't on that jury, what a difficult responsibility!!!!

July 5, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  5. JohnnyF

This is the first time I have joined in on anything like this, but I wanted to after watching CNN and all the talking heads that had thought there was going to be a guilty verdict and are so shocked. What we think has no place in the courtroom. I too think she did it, but there is a reason for a trial, and that is the presentation of evidence. There was no evidence offered to prove she did it. The prosecution couldn't even provide an actual cause of death. I don't know if all the "experts" on CNN was watching a different trial than the one I saw, but I was not offered the evidence needed to put someone on death row, which I also believe in. Why is there so much shock when the prosecution rushed to a case without the needed evidence?

July 5, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Peggy Lawrence

Those jurors must be the most ignorant people on the planet. The information was not that difficult to figure out. Justice was not served for little Caylee and those idiots just set a cold blooded, narcissistic sociopath loose on the public. I hope Casey rots. She belongs in prison- especially since she has nothing to go back to, she completely destroyed each member of her family with her lies and accusations. I suspect the jurors can get on with their vacation plans now. They were a complete waste of time. What a travesty. I am ashamed and furious. I guess they're right. You can't fix stupid.

July 5, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mrgray

Guess they will now arrest George Anthony on the charge of improperly disposing of a body, since 12 "supposedly" intelligent people must believe that he found Caylee drown in the swimming pool, told Casey to keep quiet, stuffed the body in a laundry bag and dumped it less than a mile from his home. This and the OJ Simpson trial are proof positive that juries can be TOTALLY stupid! I'd be willing to bet that if those 12 idots were caught outside in a heavy Florida downpour, they all drown!

July 5, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Babs

July 5, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  8. melissa

I hope Cindy Anthony is pleased with herself. She is gonna wake up someday and realize she has a monster in her home she cant get rid of and she'll have no one to blame but herself. She may love Casey but I dont belive enough to let her get away with killing her BEAUTIFUL BABY CAYLEE.

July 5, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mark Stroup

Casey was guilty of something and we'll never know what, because our state attorney was target infatuated in death sentencing more that justice for her actual crimes.

July 5, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. christy

I am beyond words on the injustice that has occurred today.

July 5, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Cathy

Please take down the "Justice for Caylee" box in the bottom right of the screen. No justice here. I reallize that is what HLN is calling there trial coverage but it is now a joke! Other countries must laugh at our justice system....first OJ now this high profile trial.....poor Amanda Knox in France is sitting in prison for the rest of her life with NO evidence. What a shame. Casey will get her punishment in this life or the next – I for one – hope she suffers.

July 5, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Lynn M

Since Casey has been found "Not Guilty" for the murder of 2 year old Caylee, does anybody care to find out who actually killed her? I would think that Casey and her parents would want an investigation to continue into who actually killed her...because, someone killed Caylee Anthony..who? I'd be interested to see if Casey cares enough to find out.

July 5, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mrgray

Right. She'll launch the same thorough investigation that OJ Simpson did.

July 5, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Temple East

I am ashamed of those idiots and to call them my fellow American's is sick. I don't belive in the justice system. If she was black and poor she would of got the death penalty. I do think that there was too much media coverage on it and it might have made a difference on the verdict. I wished there was no double jeopardy, that would be justice. I feel so bad for her family. I hope they don't let her come home , i hope her family disownes her and i hope someone gives her what she gave her daughter. I truely belive in a eye for a eye . O.J. #2 now i guess we wait on a book on how i got away with killing my daughter. This country is going down hill and fast . If there is a God i hope he gets even with her.

July 5, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  14. judy jones

July 5, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Richard Tescher

I would like to see CNN do an in-depth study on the infrastructure of Fort Peck Reservoir, in Montana, and the impact of a dam break. Go ahead and interview the Corps of Engineers too. There is concern. Can anyone in Missouri hear me?

July 5, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |