March 11th, 2010

This is 'This Just In'

You're reading "This Just In," CNN's new news blog.

You’ll find all the breaking news of the day here, from big stories like earthquakes and elections to interesting notes on the naming of the world’s richest man and Charlie Sheen’s return to his sitcom.

There’ll be posts from yours truly and the staff of CNN at large to give you the latest from the CNN Wire, plus the scoops and interviews and insight that make this a really fun and interesting place to be. You’ll know when we have live streams of events and videos of news can be posted within minutes of them coming in. Whatever confirmed information we're hearing and reporting is what you'll be reading and watching.

We aim to look far and wide at what you and the rest of the Web community are interested in and talking about with features like Web Pulse - which takes a look at the collective conversation of the internet according to Google trends, Twitter, etc. This is also the place to find out who the day’s Most Intriguing People are and there’s easy access to our Twitter account @cnnbrk.

We are essentially in "beta mode" right now, so this is a great time to let us know what you think. You can comment on every post, so get to it.

Gotta go now, news is breaking.

– Mallory and Manav

1. Babs

Can you believe that? Not guilty? HEY AMERICA HAVE KIDS & WHEN THEY GET IN THE WAY OF WHAT YOU WANT TO DO KILL THEM OR HAVE THE DROWN TOSS THEM IN THE NEAREST THICK BRUSH WOODS & GO HAVE YOURSELF A GOOD OLE TIME!

July 5, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. melissa

I hope Cindy Anthony is pleased with herself. She is gonna wake up someday and realize she has a monster in her home she cant get rid of and she'll have no one to blame but herself. She may love Casey but I dont belive enough to let her get away with killing her BEAUTIFUL BABY CAYLEE.

July 5, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Mark Stroup

Casey was guilty of something and we'll never know what, because our state attorney was target infatuated in death sentencing more that justice for her actual crimes.

July 5, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. christy

I am beyond words on the injustice that has occurred today.

July 5, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Cathy

Please take down the "Justice for Caylee" box in the bottom right of the screen. No justice here. I reallize that is what HLN is calling there trial coverage but it is now a joke! Other countries must laugh at our justice system....first OJ now this high profile trial.....poor Amanda Knox in France is sitting in prison for the rest of her life with NO evidence. What a shame. Casey will get her punishment in this life or the next – I for one – hope she suffers.

July 5, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Lynn M

Since Casey has been found "Not Guilty" for the murder of 2 year old Caylee, does anybody care to find out who actually killed her? I would think that Casey and her parents would want an investigation to continue into who actually killed her...because, someone killed Caylee Anthony..who? I'd be interested to see if Casey cares enough to find out.

July 5, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mrgray

Right. She'll launch the same thorough investigation that OJ Simpson did.

July 5, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Temple East

I am ashamed of those idiots and to call them my fellow American's is sick. I don't belive in the justice system. If she was black and poor she would of got the death penalty. I do think that there was too much media coverage on it and it might have made a difference on the verdict. I wished there was no double jeopardy, that would be justice. I feel so bad for her family. I hope they don't let her come home , i hope her family disownes her and i hope someone gives her what she gave her daughter. I truely belive in a eye for a eye . O.J. #2 now i guess we wait on a book on how i got away with killing my daughter. This country is going down hill and fast . If there is a God i hope he gets even with her.

July 5, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. judy jones

NO JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE! IF THE ANTHONYS ARE SMART, THEY WON'T LET CASEY BACK IN THEIR HOUSE THEY MAY BE HER NEXT VICTIMS!!!!! SHE ALREADY KILLED ONCE AND GOT AWAY WITH IT!

July 5, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Richard Tescher

I would like to see CNN do an in-depth study on the infrastructure of Fort Peck Reservoir, in Montana, and the impact of a dam break. Go ahead and interview the Corps of Engineers too. There is concern. Can anyone in Missouri hear me?

July 5, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Tad B

Well, well why am I not surprised about the outcome of this trial, regardless of weather she did it or not this whole thing was just a media circus, entertainment for us all, makes me wonder who should get the death penalty Casey or all people evolved from the media talk shows to the lawyers, who are all going to make millions of dollars doing there book deals, interviews, movies and so on. An innocent little girl died and there are a lot of people who are going to profit from this. CNN should try putting a leash on some there talk show hosts, not just the lawyers (if you want to call them that), who thought they where so sure about the outcome of this case, oh I forgot they get paid for there opinions, money to be made, people who profit on death and tragedy.

July 5, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Fred

If not for the the death penalty the verdict might have been different. Even Jose Baez affirm that with his speach.

July 5, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. leslie

Of course not guilty...because she was abducted by evil clowns...reasonable doubt....well sorry I am lying, but hey guess that does not matter......Ridiculous....of course and so is the NOT GUILTY VERDICT. I am not sure what testimony the jury saw...but be sure I would have voted Guilty and no one would have changed my mind. This is so ridiculous and sad. I am outrage as a mother, us citizen, and taxpayer. However. the bible says you reap what you sow and since Zebra's don't change their stripe...give it time and Ms. Anthony will be back in the legal system just like OJ and the rest. Poor Caylee..I will never forget. My heart is heavy tonight. And shame on you defense counsel....your celebrating is very insensitive to this situation....you are asking for a outrage.

July 5, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Cindy

Now that she was found guilty of providing false information to the police...will the city slap her with an invoice? She spent a lot of the police's time and money looking for her daughter when she knew exactly where she was. Doesn't the city send bills to people for their ambulance service? Or for making false alarm calls??

July 5, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Peter

The arrogant response of the defense ignores the fact that Casey was not declared innocent., she was just not found guilty. We do know that she is a woman who lied through her teeth to make up excuses about her daughter's fate. A hollow victory for everyone involved.

July 5, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Carol Haughey

Is it true that Jeff Ashton has resigned?

July 7, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • ROX

IN A COURT OF LAW THERE'S ONLY GUILTY AND NOT GUILTY

July 8, 2011 at 2:36 am | Report abuse |
  15. Scarlett

I cannot believe that the jurors did not see the truth! The verdict is UNBELIEVABLE and WRONG! It makes one think that perhaps the jurors were bribed! I cannot see any other explanation!

July 5, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Rlammbo

Who's going to bride them or offer them anything. Her parents are broke. Shallow comment!!!

July 6, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ann

Funny how people can't get the 'just' of a simple comment. The comment about bribing is in the sense that the verdict is SO RIDICULOUS that something else MUST have interferred with the verdict. What could interfere??? A Bribe! It is just a matter of speaking in terms of an example to show the outrageousness of the facts... Geez.

July 7, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |