March 25th, 2010

Octuplets mom accepts PETA spaying ad offer

Octuplets mother Nadya Suleman, with 14 young mouths to feed and a mortgage to pay off, accepted an offer to use her lawn to promote responsible pet ownership in exchange for cash and food, her lawyer said.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) sent Suleman's lawyer an offer to pay for placement of a sign in the yard of her La Habra, California, home. The sign would read: "Don't let your dog or cat become an 'Octomom.' Always spay or neuter."  The ad features a litter of kittens nursing with their mother.

The offer is intended to call attention to the dog and cat overpopulation crisis, PETA spokesman Amanda Schinke said.

"Every year, 6 to 8 million animals enter animal shelters, and roughly half of them are euthanized because of a lack of good homes," she said.

The unmarried Suleman already had six children when she gave birth to
octuplets in January 2009.  All 14 were conceived through in vitro
fertilization.

Post by:
Filed under: Showbiz • U.S.
  1. Ana

I found this to be a very disrespectful offer from PETA – no matter what – Nadya is a human being and shouldn't her situation be compared to that of dogs and cats – she was also made in the image of God. C'mon people. Show more respect to God's creation.

March 25, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. get over it

I think what's really sad is that there are people who are actually spending their day sitting on the computer making comments to this article, judging someone they have never met, acting all superior. We should be doing better things with our time. We should all take a look in the mirror before judging someone else. There's a lot of wrong in our world. So let's get up off our butts and do something meaningful with out day, and not not throw rocks in glass houses.

March 25, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Joe

The kids aren't innocent. They were willingly born, they could've chosen to die first.

March 25, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  4. 4you

...she got what she wanted,once again.Pure attention and publicity.For her,it does not matter if it is positive or negative publicity.As long as people talk about her...I doubt one Dr.Phil would be sufficient to fix such a case...

March 25, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  5. animal lover

I believe animals have rights too, just like the human animals. They have feelings, they can hurt, and they can cry believe it or not just like a human kid. They know when they are not wanted, and will run off. They know when someone loves them and cares for them. I have a lot of experience in this. They know your moods, can sense when you aren’t feeling well, sad, and angry and so on. My cat is a family to me, we talk, I know when he’s asking something, and I reply yes or no. When he wants me to come to wherever he is he will call me.

I would rather have him or other animals around then humans. I can trust him, a human on the other hand is another story.

March 27, 2010 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
  6. Teamkiller

как же все-таки не хватает врмени даже на то чтобы прочитать что-то интересное((

April 28, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |