April 12th, 2010

Conan O'Brien coming to TBS

Conan O'Brien has a new home... and it's TBS.

According to a press release sent out by the cable network (which, like CNN, is a unit of Time Warner), the comedian is joining TBS to host a late-night show that is expected to debut in November. O'Brien's show will be followed on TBS' schedule by George Lopez's "Lopez Tonight," which will move to midnight.

Read full CNN Marquee blog post

Post by:
Filed under: Showbiz
  1. some guy

to Mathewsr

Jay Leno Sucks! The Jay Leno show was the worst late night comedy next to Chevy Chase's show witch only had a couple of episodes.

April 14, 2010 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  2. some guy

I think you should all watch this Larry King video and learn athing or two. It's called, " Lopez welcomes Conan O'Brien to TBS "
    Stop talking so much trash and go get a girlfriend

April 14, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  3. william

That some guy guy has a point.
    Why do we waste our time on the computer?

April 14, 2010 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  4. paul a

craig ferguson is the funniest guy in late night!

April 14, 2010 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. IvosevicJ

@mathewsr humor is subjective so people find different things funny. Some people like Conan other's don't. Same thing for Dave. However, no matter whether Dave or Conan are funny to me, I can't see their segment or their punchline coming. Which is why there is at least a chance I will laugh. I can see Leno's punchline in his hackneyed monologu a mile away. he is stale, he is unoriginal and he has horrible interviewing skills (which by the way, is less of a subjective statement)

April 14, 2010 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  6. eddies

I could care less, I didn't think he was funny 10 years ago, and he was even worse on the Tonight Show...So,,don't count me as caring whether he is or is not on TV...I won't be watching

April 14, 2010 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  7. james o neill

guys,

conan is simply a comsey genius and is the most watchable of all the main men and women in the business, tv is far better off with him than without him, regardless of the back ground to it all. the sooner the better he's back.

April 15, 2010 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  8. Mike

Yes, Leno and Conan use two different types of comedy. And yes, some people prefer one type of comedy over another. But for me, Jay Leno just isn't funny. His punch lines take forever to complete. By the time he gets to the punch line, I'm already bored. It's like, "get to the point already." Conan, on the other hand, is smart and funny. If you look at his interviews, he comes up with jokes on the spot. His punch lines are not rehearsed; they are created as the interview unfolds. He even made uptight politicians laugh, as well as bad-tempered rappers.

April 15, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  9. Brianna

Team LoCo!

April 15, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jorge

Leno and Conan are great, but they are simple workers as you or me, they do not own any Tv stations. So they have to do what they are told to do, or else...
    Conan left NBC but he´ll be back, Reloaded...

April 20, 2010 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |