April 28th, 2010

Sandra Bullock files divorce papers

Sandra Bullock filed for divorce from Jesse James.

Oscar-winning actress Sandra Bullock filed for divorce from Jesse James in a Texas court, saying their marriage "has become insupportable because of discord or conflict of personalities."

James told PEOPLE he has a "huge hole" in his heart, but understands:

"My whole life has been full of hard decisions.

"The decision to let my wife end our marriage, and continue the adoption of Louis on her own, has been the hardest. The love I have for Louis cannot be put to words. Not having him around to love and to hold has left a huge hole in my heart."

Post by:
Filed under: Sandra Bullock • Showbiz
  1. FussyBunny

82 Eric – you must be 17.

April 28, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Jane

My heart breaks for Sandra. I wish her much joy with her new son, Louis.

April 28, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. NatTurn3r

It's interesting how much support Bullock is getting. Personally, I find it hard to believe that she knew nothing of Jesse James' bigotry when all evidence suggests that he did very little to hide it. It's possible that filing for divorce had less to do with irreconcilable differences and more to do with saving her public image.

April 28, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Joyce

I'm glad to here that Sandra is taking the trash out. She deserves happiness and true love. Congratulations on your new baby. You ARE loved!!!!

April 28, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. namefail

I just spent 10 minutes reading all these responses. heh.

April 28, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Paula

For those who can't fathom she didn't suspect, I understand, and if it were me, I'd have suspected. But a successful, busy, secure person does not micromonitor their love interests because that's not all they have to hold onto and because their self-esteem is very good and they, rightly, figure that if he has no better taste than to sabotage the relationship, let him go - and she did.

April 28, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. cj

Sandra is a class act and he was obviously not good enough for her. He is letting her divorce him?? He needs alot more therapy!!

April 28, 2010 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Ben Dover

Jesse Still Rules. And the vulture public and media need to mind its own business.

April 28, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Amina

Seems like a "huge hole" now, but not during the act of infedility??? Interesting.

April 28, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Diana

Decision to divorce is often difficult, even when there's infidelity. Decision to divorce peacfully and privately, can also be difficult, especially when there's infidelity. Here's hoping Sandra can get through this with class and dignity she has always shown in her public life. Texas collaborative divorce professionals r some of the best. Coaches will be key. Sandra, your fans and those close to you will, hopefully, support you throughout. Use those coaches!

April 28, 2010 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Unvenus

Well Jesse, you should have thought about losing louis before you decided to fill somebody else's hole.

April 29, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. SassyGirl

Left a hole in who's heart?

April 30, 2010 at 12:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Maryam Kaur

i recently got divorced from my russian wife because she is a very irresponsible woman.;::

May 24, 2010 at 2:15 am | Report abuse | Reply