May 1st, 2010

Congressman arrested at immigration rally

Police arrested Illinois Rep. Luis Gutierrez at an immigration rally outside the White House on Saturday.
Gutierrez, a Democrat, was among a group of protesters arrested by police in front of the White House.
The protesters wore T-shirts that read, "ARREST ME NOT MY FAMILY" and "ARREST ME NOT MY FRIENDS."

Post by:
Filed under: Immigration • Politics • Uncategorized
  1. jorge mendez

Whatever name he is called this is what we need in America right now, freedom did not come free for this country. Actions like this are the American way. Read your history. Nathan H, Patrick Henry and so on this is what it takes to draw attention to a self rightious state government (AZ) trying to impower its hispanic population with tyranncial cruelty.

Jorge

May 2, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Cher

I have a thought, let's boycott Mexico and their resorts until they address this issue in their country. Also, any other illegal immigant from another country should be sent back unless they are TRULY under the threat of death, and that country should have their embassy closed on American soil if their do not deal with this issue in their country, they can email their complaints to the White House. This applies to all illegals. Either these foreign governments deal with this issue and why people are fleeing to the USA or don't give them our money. Time for other countries to provide for their own and face their economic failures.

May 2, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Pete

IF MEXICANS ARE WANTING TO PROTECT ILLEGALS HERE THEN WE SHOULD BOYCOTT ALL THINGS MEXICAN ... ILLEGAL IS ILLEGAL .. AND THEY GET ASKED FOR ID IN MEXICO ALREADY !! BETTER THEY CLEAN UP THEIR OWN COUNTRY AND GET RID OF THEIR MURDERERS, KIDNAPPERS, AND CORRUPT GOVERNMENT OFFICALS AND POLICE.

May 2, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Pete

THE HEALTH CARE COST OF TREATING ILLEGALS (AND THE RIP-OFF OF STATE AID) IS IN THE BILLIONS. AND ITS NOT JUST THE ILLEGAL MEXICAN CROWD – THID INCLUDE iRAQIS, ISRAELIS, IRISH, AND OTHERS.

IF YOU WANT TO LIVE HERE, DO SO LEGALLY – BRING YOUR WONDERFUL FOOD RECEPIES BUT LEAVE YOUR POLITICS BEHIND. ANYONE COMING HERE TO RAISE MONEY FOR THEIR WARS BACK HOME SHOULD BE SENT BACK IMMEDIATELY (BY PARACHUTE PREFERABLY)

May 2, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  5. umm...ok

OK, yes, send the illegals back to their home country because the rest of us capitalists would love to die of starvation for the lack of meat, fruit, dairy, and vegetables that we won't have because of their absence,

Also, yes, also bring on the huge negative impact on the economy too. I wouldn't mind losing some money as long as these hard-working people are sent back. It's not like they pay a chunk of money for Social Security, in every check, that they never collect.

May 2, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Daniel castillo

I think if Americans need to go back and review their history. Because if they want to speak of imigrants they are the first people who sat the example. They came from all over Europe. Now the real Amercans are the American Indians who sadley now live in concentration camps. They are the ones who should be complaining about immigration. I say have them kick all of us out including the so called "Americans". Or what you people going to do? Put everyone in concentration camps? Last time I check, there are so many Americans living in Mexico as well. and in some form or another they are taking so many of Mexican resouces...how about that oil spill in the Gulf? im sure that was not cause by Mexican owners. In addition, people forget that: California, Texas, Nevada, Including Arizona and many more states were owned by the country of Mexico-and now you guys are complaining about it? wow.....you can never make something that is been around for a long time go away.

May 2, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  7. casual observer

The new immigration laws are good ...enough said..........!

May 2, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  8. ovrthebs

I can not understand the conflict here. There are laws that we ALL have to obey. I have to go thru hours of crap if I lose my picture ID, why should immigrants not have to become legal in the same manner? I worked for a company that turned away legal citizens seeking jobs and hired illegals that they had fired for breaking the rules, and they came back 2 weeks later with a new name. It is a sad thing to see. It used to be ok to be proud to be an American. Now they call you racist!

May 2, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. steve

The annoying part is all the families crying about being torn apart.

Show me 1 person that came into this country illegally and was unaware he was committing a crime, and liable for prosecution and deportation.

This is a real pile of crap!

May 2, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  10. concerned patriot

what part of illegal doesnt anyone understand! How is reform needed when the borders are continually left open and illegals allowed to come to the USA year after year. Then every 15 years the illegals complain about their rights and amnesty is demanded. Why not just open the borders? It is rediculous! Before another amnesty is given, a wall should be erected and the border sealed. Third world countries guard their borders better. Liberals wont be happy until the US standard of living is the same as Mexicos. Just becuase we share a border doesn't mean we are responsible to save the Mexican country or it's people. We cant let them all come over so we have to draw the line somewhere. Wake up, your ignorance is scary. How dare the feds denounce Arizona actions when it is their border neglect that forced them to pass such a law! Maybe when this country is as poor as mexico and immigrnats have to go to Canada for work, maybe then they will understand my above border fence to preserve our way of life was not such a bad idea.

Just like a life boat only holds so many people, and turning people in need away is unsavory, sometimes it is necessary.

May 2, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. bj

Okey, how about you all read pancho #24's comment, and you wonder why we are sick of illegals, you want to run and own the United States, not live here peacefully like you try to make all the dogooders think. Thank you pancho, for finally telling us the way it really is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Listen to pancho, legal americans, wake up, everyone is trying to take over our country for whatever reason, and destroy what we have, and you are all letting it happen right in front of your blurry eyes!!!!!!!!!

May 2, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  12. concerned patriot

The fact that this country was founded on immigration is correct and important. With a secured border, mexicans and other immigrants can appropriately apply and LEGALLY become citizens. Those already here should be screened for criminal records and if none, made legal. How that proposal can be argued with by anyone is beyond me.

May 2, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Lawrence Klotz

Herein is the difference between conservatives and liberals. Liberals do not believe in rules or laws. Conservatives believe without them our country fails. All should be frightened of a country with respected & enforced laws.

May 2, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  14. jim

I am hispanic, I'm a remnant of the spanish explorers. I am a true american, I speak english and spanisn from childhood. My wife & I speak 90% spanish at home. I believe in legal immigration. I'm all for ariz.governor's laws. I'm sick of illegals coming here to retire on welfare, get food stamps and even free medical ( at least in colorado & new mexico) and the myth that they do work nobody else wil do is hogwash.. They are illegally hired as carpenters, cement finishers, truck drivers, heavy equipment operators, brick layers, etc. I think they should all be deported until they learn to come legally and the telephones should not say press 1 for any other language but english. But who can blame them for climbing the built-in ladder on the fence....we have laid out a red carpet for them by giving them what we citizens have to work for and believe me, I started working in a saw mill at age 13. I've had to pay my way. All these idiots protesting should also be sent to mexico or let them build a fund out of their own pockets to cater to illegals. We who are the responsible ones are forced to carry them with our taxes and what do we get for free???

May 2, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Acacio

Thank You !!!
    At Least someone is working..

May 2, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |