May 1st, 2010

Congressman arrested at immigration rally

Police arrested Illinois Rep. Luis Gutierrez at an immigration rally outside the White House on Saturday.
Gutierrez, a Democrat, was among a group of protesters arrested by police in front of the White House.
The protesters wore T-shirts that read, "ARREST ME NOT MY FAMILY" and "ARREST ME NOT MY FRIENDS."

Post by:
Filed under: Immigration • Politics • Uncategorized
  1. Became a Citizen

I am a foreigner and first lived in Puerto Rico with my family where we were issued Green Cards. When we moved there I learned to speak Spanish within eight months because I felt you are supposed to speak the language of the country you are in. When we moved to the US, i applied for citizenship and after six months obtained it. I also volunteered in different organizations believing I would contribute to this great country.

What has happened? Where and when did things start going wrong? I'm a tax payer, I work very hard for my money so why give to people who don't want to live by the rules????? America is loosing that one special quality that made it so different. Yes, its the land of the free, legally. That doesn't mean everyone can move here and not obide by the rules.

My niece was hit by an illegal, uninsured motorist. Who comes ot her aid? Perhaps government should be held accountable for allowing illegals to drive, to not have to carry insurance.

If you are illegal, register, make your way like I did, then start paying for taxes for the roads, the schools, and general services, and the lying politicians and however they want to spend your hard earned money. Stop freeloading on the working force – no excuses and learn to speak english. This country shouldn't cater to non-english speakers, it should remain what it once was "a very patriotic and proud nation of english speaking people". People flocked here because of how great it once was. Now it's more to take advantage of opportunity.

Where's the pride now? We have a government hell bent on creating a socialist country. What was wrong with the way it was? It's the politicians that should be held accountable. We had our checks and balances. Ronald Reagan believed in small government, how right he was. Now slowly but surely goverment is in everything and taxes runeth over!

One more thing – I think anyone that receives government benefits should have to take a mandatory drug and alcohol test – that way tax money isn't spent on funding their habits but rather getting them back on their feet. Some people need help and some people are darn right lazy with their hands out; never mind the hard working individuals.

May 2, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Josh

What is so stupid is that they feel it is infringing on their civil rights. I am blond and blue eyed and I have been asked for I.D. 3 times in the last month by the police. Do I take it personally hell no they are trying to do their job and keep me and everyone safe. So if I have to be inconvenienced a little to ensure my safety, I have no qualms about it, and I don't even live in ARIZONA!

May 2, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Adam

The easiest way to solve the matter is that instead of sending the individuals back to their country of origin they should just send them to prison in gitmo for being an illegal immigrant in the United States. They than can bill their home country for their upkeep. France has stricter immigration rules than we do and all illegal immigrants are deported. NO AMNESTY NO NOTHING!!!!!!!

May 2, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. drambo10

I'm tired of hearing about our forefathers being immigrants and hurting the Navtive Americans. Who did in the Aztecs and Mayans? The Spanish who were the forefathers of the Mexican race. Who tried to take what is now southern Arizona and southern Calif and throw the Native Americans out? The Mexicans. Why was the Gadsen Purchase completed? Because someone, Santa Anna, needed money. Why doesn't the Mexican government stop illegal border crossers instead of complaining when we do? Because then they would have more poor people that they can't get money out of.

May 2, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Bill Callahan

No one knows how many "illegals" are in this country ( 10 to 15 Millions?) What gives these immigrants the right to disobey the laws? Can we take in all the disadvantaged people of the world? I read that it costs over 300 billion dollars every year to subside illlegals. How can our nation afford to take care of these immigrants when we have so many citizens who don't get this "charity"? If Mexicans are coming into this country illiegally then why is it racial profiling to check Mexicans for citizenship status.. Just plain stupid,

May 2, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Nick

Deportation. Make Mexico a better country

May 2, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. turiddhu

check him out,he might be an illegal alien himself!

May 2, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Virginia Johnson

I am not a racist but the illegals are creating too many problems in the United States.
    They are killing our citizens , selling dope to our childred and our citizens, they are the
    reason our insurance cost has excalated. When the go to the hospital with no insurance, they charge it to a citizen that has insurance and that causes out insurance companies to
    go up on our premiums. Healthe care reform is not abount insuring American citizens, it is about insuring all the illegals. They are going to take from medicare and give to medicaid.
    Medicaid is supposed to be a program to take care of handicapped people but no it takes care of people that don't work and wouldn"t if you offered them a job. The illegals need to go home and enter the United States legally. Every state in the union needs to follow suit with Arizona. That might wake up our dumb a__ Congress.

May 2, 2010 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  9. missndnchick

You know it really urks me reading/hearing comments on illegal immigrants. The native american indians are the original members of this country. Hearing if they(illegal immigrants/immigrants) want to be here learn the language! Would you bother learning my language? We lived quite well with our own government for many hundreds of years.We had boundaries and we respected each others boundaries. We had plenty of hunting and fishing and gathering grounds until we were forced to live on reservations with nothing but empty promises or so called Treaties. Forced to learn your language dress in your style of clothes. I just wonder why is it so much easier for people from the countries who are building nuclear weapons/bombs to get citizenship in this country than people from a poor country to trying gain citizenship and a better life? In my eyes these people who come from mexico are one the most hardest working people I have ever seen. They do the jobs that the Americans dont want to do but rather complain about those jobs being taken away from Americans. makes no sense.

May 2, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  10. hawkeye1

It's ridiculous that these rallies are for ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS RIGHTS. Since when do these "invadres/intruders" have rights to demand that they stay in this country? Anyone who support these rallies are on the other side of the law.

ILLGALS HAVE NO RIGHTS IN THIS COUNTRY, PERIOD!!!!

May 2, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  11. blindholdt

ILLEGAL!!

May 2, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  12. joe

good job, if a cop pulls me over and ask for anything to show who am. they are racist pigs if illagals done have to prove anything why in hell does people who pay there taxs need to show anything either.

May 2, 2010 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  13. BEVERLY HALL

Anwer to #197: Why does federal government allow it?
    Jack Cafferty of CNN The Situation Room said it best:
    The Democrats want illegal immigration to get the Hispanicvote.
    The Republicans want illegal immigration to get cheap labor and businesses vote.
    Very few in Washington represent the best interests of the people.
    Comes November – let's throw the bums out!!!!

May 2, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  14. joe

dont you wish other country had are laws hike across there boards and dont go to jail are nothing.oh wait they have laws like that in other countrys

May 2, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  15. GJB5528

Hey Pancho, I think you been kicked in the head too many times by your horse, or Cisco
    has head slapped you too often. I guess you want another war, if that's what it takes to get rid of your kind, those enchiladas have gone to your head, "Right Pancho" right Cisco"

May 2, 2010 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |