May 5th, 2010

Bacteria identified in Tylenol recall

The Food and Drug Administration confirmed Wednesday that the bacteria found at the Johnson & Johnson plant that produced the recalled children's medicines was Burkholderia cepacia, a bacteria often resistant to common antibiotics.

Johnson & Johnson first identified the bacteria to CNNMoney.com earlier in the day.

The company said that although the bacteria was found on some drums used by its vendor to transport the raw materials, those contaminated drums never reached the Fort-Washington, PA-plant that made the recalled drugs.

Read the full CNN.com story

1. Erin Daugherty

More Tylenol/Ibuprofen?Benedryl/Zyrtec warning. NOW they says it's contaminated.....but last week they only said wrong concentration. That's a bit scary. BUY GENERIC!!! It's cheaper and safer!!!

May 5, 2010 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jannah

Generic is certainly cheaper, but how do you know that it's safer?!?!?!?!?! Often generic products are made in the same plants as the name brand drugs!

May 5, 2010 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Carlos Kelly

ibuprofen is definitely the best OTC painkiller for me. It helps me a lot to deal with my muscular pain.;.'

May 19, 2010 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jru

Erin, seeing that today, Tylenol has offical stating a recall is hapenning, so is Equate – their generic name – for the same reason!

May 26, 2010 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  5. Destiny

Check the stores, all brands have been pulled.

May 26, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mark Exorcet

Give me a break on the headline. "Bacteria identified *in* Tylenol recall?" It's as if the recalled medicines had contained some mystery bacteria that had just now been identified.

June 3, 2010 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  7. Jay

Tylenol's last big incident was in 1982 when people died from cyanide-laced Tylenol. That incident resulted in several changes to health and safety laws. I wonder if this incident will also have similar results.

June 4, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. maria

i gave this product to my daugher who was a beutiful 5 wk old premature newborn not knowing of its consonquences well sadly to say shes not here anymore not with us but she is up above with our heavenly father and my angel is waiting for mommy but first her soul needs to be set free we need anwsers not altopsy reports saying "UNKOWN" possibly SIDS GOD will help my angel and if any one out there herars our request please PRAY that we get anwsers so we can continue to be strong for each other and for my 5 yr old daughter who really took this harsh

FROM A MOTHER CRYING OUT LOUD

July 19, 2010 at 4:23 am | Report abuse |
  9. Katelyn Henderson

ibuprofen is really effective in keeping the pain out.:,-

July 23, 2010 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
  10. Maya Brooks

ibuprofen is one of the best pain killers with few side effects"-.

September 9, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  11. Water Cooler :

ibuprofen is great for easing body pains but i think paracetamol is still safer`"~

October 24, 2010 at 7:21 am | Report abuse |
  12. Nappy Rash

ibuprofen is a good pain reliever but i heard that this one have nasty side effects too ~".

December 16, 2010 at 2:13 am | Report abuse |
  13. PiomRedoiroli

polo outlet So polo attract a large number of people. Mens polo shirts can be old looking for multifarious occasions and events such as golf or plainly dressing for a party. polo shirts in compensation men may present comfort, while being casual sufficiency against the job. Every man should be struck by at least undivided polo.

April 30, 2011 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
  14. Balenciaga bag

Thanks so much for this! We have not been this delighted by way of a website for quite some time! You have got this, whatever meaning inside blogging and site-building. Properly, Youre definitely some people that have some thing to say that people should hear. Keep up the exceptional perform. Keep about impressive individuals!

July 19, 2011 at 6:14 am | Report abuse |
  15. Timmy Friberg

Hey not to set off topic but can anyone give me a review of. New York Car Insurance Reform 295 Greenwich St, New York, NY 10007 (646) 351-0824 They're just down the block from me. I was wondering if they were a good insurance company. I need to get hold of coverage, it is regulations you know, but I need to have a good price price plus I'd prefer friendly service.

April 4, 2012 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |