May 20th, 2010

'Reason to believe' Pakistani Taliban plotting to strike U.S.

U.S. intelligence has strong reason to believe that the Pakistani Taliban is actively plotting to hit interests in the U.S. and American targets overseas, a U.S. official told CNN Thursday.

The concerns about the group that authorities say directed the Times Square bombing plot are coming from multiple streams of information, including from Faisal Shahzad, the Times Square bombing suspect, the official said.

The official told CNN that CIA Director Leon Panetta and National Security Adviser Jim Jones relayed the new terror threat information to Pakistan's government on their trip there earlier this week.

The threat information was not down to the level of specific cities, the official said.

1. esreddy

taliban are taliban, just because they escaped from afghanistan and trained people of pakistan and called themselves 'pak taiban' does not mean a damn thing. They are all the same, same cruel followers of the cult that is eating away at humanity like a virus.

May 21, 2010 at 4:16 am | Report abuse |
  2. kevin

To all you Muslums out there, you do worship a monkey god.

May 21, 2010 at 4:19 am | Report abuse |
  3. esreddy

US needs to realize that Pakistan is not its ally. It pretends for its own survival. It acts like a loyal dog, to get treats from US, in the form of money and weapons. But beware this rabid dog, it will bite when no ones looking. In the future, I see a pakistani link in every terrorist event in the world.

May 21, 2010 at 4:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Peter

Yes sure, wake up world and see the real terrorist who invaded Iraq only to find that there were no weapons of mass destruction, who is the only country to have actually used nuclear bombs and al-qaida is also made by them. Where is Osama now, i believe he is a CIA stooge.

May 21, 2010 at 5:13 am | Report abuse |
    • flukz

Osama is long dead. Mullah Omar shot him when Osama tried to sodomize him in the dark.

May 21, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
    • EinMI

Nobody is our ally, we understand this. The only reason these people "ally" with us is so we can protect their asses when another nation attacks them. Pakistan has brought little to the table and we know this.

May 21, 2010 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  4. kevin

I will say it again, you terrorist muslums do worship a monkey god cause your god is not the same as mine

May 21, 2010 at 4:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Hecter

Ok, so maybe I watch to much news. However, I am prepared and you guys should be to. What's happening now is no laughing matter. There's no disputing the facts, and the facts tell the truth. The U.S. is in financial and economical trouble. The events unfolding in Europe will and is already directly effecting us, hence bail out of Greece and the markets reacting negatively to the whole ordeal. Intelligence suggests terrorist attacks, particularly from Pakistan within the U.S. are imminent. Hence, the NYC bombing attempt. The devaluing of the dollar is real, inflation is near, and a great depression is looming, jobs are being lost and they aren't coming back. Within months, the non-believers and those who deny the crisis that the U.S. is in will be overwhelmed with the evidence and all we'll say is "told ya so".

GOD, GUNS, GUTS- Semper FI!!!

May 21, 2010 at 4:55 am | Report abuse |
    • EinMI

Sorry to burst your bubble and all, but, yeah, technically it is. The God of Christianity, Judaism and Islam...same, same. Maybe has multiple personality disorder, but the same "God".

May 21, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  5. me

I just tried to post some very incriminating evidence against the news media. And guess what sure enough cnn blocked it. Hey cnn its just a theory what are you scared of?

May 21, 2010 at 4:29 am | Report abuse |
  6. me

Wow that went thru!

May 21, 2010 at 4:30 am | Report abuse |
  7. me

Hm so did that and im guessing this will to so nothing wrong with my wifi.

May 21, 2010 at 4:31 am | Report abuse |
  8. dan

Yeah keep ignoring it......just like u said Bush did?

May 21, 2010 at 4:32 am | Report abuse |
  9. Bhog Bans

What is new? Pakistan has been a festering ground for terrorism for a long time. Unfortunately, Pakistan Government and ISI its arm have been known to be involved. Wake up US, wake up World!

May 21, 2010 at 5:08 am | Report abuse |
  10. Dinesh

Pakistani Taliban is supported by Mushraff & ISI.

May 21, 2010 at 5:49 am | Report abuse |
  11. izlamhatr

Wow tell us something we don't know, these rag heads will attack us all when they get the signal! I will be ready with my 44 so bring it on. Get this, republicans and Dems are the same, thier is no difference, so stop dividing these crooks, liars and criminals up! You act like they are so different from each other, if that was true, then why has thier been the same ole problems since George Washington's day? So Nuke the middle east and do us all a favor, down w/ islams

May 21, 2010 at 6:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Bushpig61

AK...........AR............2,000 rounds............I'm ready too!

May 21, 2010 at 7:37 am | Report abuse |
  12. zt()ne(()!d

I just want to know where does it end? Hope, whoever started it does have an idea about how to control it..

May 21, 2010 at 6:09 am | Report abuse |
    • flukz

It does not end. This is how it works. You bit them up like pigs and they go into hiding for some time. Next when u start thinking its over and get ready to go home – they come out and attack you from behind. Then you beat them up like pigs and it starts all over again.... Bad idea to get engaged with pigs.. they have a very bad temper and seldom give up in a fight..

May 21, 2010 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  13. DISTED

Do you think thay realy got us on 9/11. I dont belive the story we were told abought that or this.If thay are so smart and motavated why havent thay allready done something?More gov. scare tactics.Thay need to quit lieing so much so maybe I could belive them .I shure thay will have something I will need to know some day.

May 21, 2010 at 6:10 am | Report abuse |
  14. izlamhatr

We need to do what hitler did in ww2, get rid of all the muslems and islams from our God fearing Christian country. F thier rights, they are here to destroy us and we have these piece nuts screaming for their rights, their is a reason they have not progressed since the dawn of time, they are evil, and we are stupid for welcoming these rodents into our country

May 21, 2010 at 6:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Dick Cheney

You are asleep dude, the invasion is already happened while you were fighting an unjustified war. The US had already been taken over. Learn Spanish, you will need it to communicate with your children & grandchildren. Gods was of showing us.

May 21, 2010 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Jessica

Thats awesome – God Fearing Christian country – then you want to be like hitler and exterminate muslims? Yeah, I bet God and Jesus are thinking "now there's my good little christians"...how delusional are you? rude awakening awaiting you at the gates dude, I hope I show up at the gates on the same day as you, I want to see you meltdown like a 3 yr old when they explain to you just how UNCHRISTIAN you are. Of course, im not christian, so no rude awakening for me...

May 21, 2010 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  15. Angel

Let me get this straight. Some of you hate CNN for their news and you all post on here. So why even bother reading the web page or even leave a comment?

May 21, 2010 at 6:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Jessica

I sometimes wonder if psychology students are required to read comment sections like this to draw conclusions about how crazy some people are, in this instance...why do people hate something, yet continue to participate in it? It reads to me like the bully syndrome, you get beat up at home by your parents...so you go to school and beat up on other kids. It's most likely these people are getting beat down in the real world, so they come here to spew their anger and hate and it makes them, for a tiny moment, feel slightly big – however fake that tiny moment is.

May 21, 2010 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |