June 2nd, 2010

Peru cops: Holloway suspect van der Sloot wanted for murder again

Joran van der Sloot was a suspect in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway

FULL STORY

Joran van der Sloot, the Dutch man once considered a suspect in the 2005 disappearance of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway, is the suspect in the killing of a woman in Peru, Peruvian police officials said Wednesday.

There is "incriminating evidence" linking Van der Sloot to the killing of 21-year-old Stephany Flores Ramirez, who was found dead in a Lima hotel room Wednesday, Cesar Guardia Vasquez, of the criminal investigations unit said at a news conference.

The hotel room where Flores was found was registered in Van der Sloot's name, he said.

A hotel guest and an employee witnessed the pair entering the hotel room together at 5 a.m. on Sunday, Guardia said.

Police have video of the previous night, May 29, of Van de Sloot and Flores together at the Atlantic City Casino in Lima, he said.

According to immigration officials, Van de Sloot fled to Chile over land on Monday, Guardia said.

(Programming note: Watch Nancy Grace tonight for the latest on Joran van der Sloot.  "Nancy Grace," 8 ET on HLN. )

Post by:
Filed under: Peru • World
soundoff (1,336 Responses)
  1. Robin

Cut him a deal for info on Natalee Holloway......either way he's serving time and her family will get some closure!

June 2, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Aldo Raines

As a HS principal, I followed the Natalee Holloway story very closely. With all the investigative mistakes that were made at that timee, it was no wonder walked free. I do not think the Peruvian authorities will make the same mistakes. I do question why he "fled" to Chile. Innocent people seldom run.

June 2, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Forteaneye

I am totally not surprised to here this. He is the ultimate spoiled brat who thinks his s@#t does not stink. Their is probably a whole trail of bodies behind this character.

June 2, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ImNoExpert

What were the details of the previous case he was suspected of? I believe some blonde girl, while on vacation in central/south america left a party with some strange guys and was never seen again? Last I checked they never found the body, but I stopped paying attention to it after the first few days.

Can someone fill me in?

June 2, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Barbara

Anyone consider that this guy might be a serial killer? How many unsolved on Aruba before he had to find a new" killing ground"? Ladies everywhere beware of this "babyface"killer!!

June 2, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  6. DWFC

He has a thirst for women's blood. I would like to extend this piece of turd an invitation to visit me for a weekend. Peru, you can go ahead and cancel your plans. I can't stand looking at this photo of him. He seems to have this "I got away with it" smirk on his face.

June 2, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. SAY

Just like OJ......the true person comes out if you just give them the time......Boy oh Boy......will he ever get some time now.....A prison in Peru will not be very comfortable for this party boy. I am sure Natalee's parents are sad because if Aruba politics weren't involved this poor (new) girl would be alive today.

June 2, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  8. VTlady79

Well, well, what a shock....... The really sad part of this story is, that if authorities in Aruba hadn't allowed Van der Sloot's father's diplomatic status to insulate his sons from criminal scrutiny back in 2005, this young woman would still be alive. It was weeks into her disappearance before the bureaucratic red tape was cut and the Van der Sloots were even half-heartedly investigated--- plenty of time to clean up any physical evidence that might definitively link them to Holloway, or the location of her body. It seems things are the same all over the world......... if your family knows the right people or has enough money, all manner of heinous behavior, including outright crimes, will be overlooked or covered up. I guess it's just "too bad/ so sad" for the next victim! What a travesty.

June 2, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mr. Speed

Do y'all remember the elderly couple who went diving in Aruba???
    They took that picture of what was thought to be Natalie's remains...
    The Aruban Government said they couldn't find the remains and it must have been
    a "rock formation".

Don't y'all think there should be another look at that picture and another sweep of the area???

Come on, Aruba. Do what is right and help rid the world of this punk!!!

June 2, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  10. janeen76

I bet he'll take the cowards way out this time and jump off a building or something. I wouldn't shed any tears, but I wish Natalee's family could once and for all find out what truly happened to their daughter...

June 2, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  11. wayne wilson

come now all you witchhunters and tree hangers,,, innocent until proven guilty

June 2, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Diana

Let PERU do what ARUBA didn't or wouldn't do. This guy needs to fry!!!

June 2, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  13. 303

All the talk about his dad, he finally got his karma the man droped dead on a tennis court! we'll what can i say what goes around, comes around!

June 2, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  14. finally

I hope he likes Peruvian salami! Slimebag!

June 2, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Ann Wong

Ahha, his time has come. Can't get away this time. He should be lock up long time ago. No daddy no money

June 2, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |