June 2nd, 2010

Peru cops: Holloway suspect van der Sloot wanted for murder again

Joran van der Sloot was a suspect in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway

FULL STORY

Joran van der Sloot, the Dutch man once considered a suspect in the 2005 disappearance of Alabama teenager Natalee Holloway, is the suspect in the killing of a woman in Peru, Peruvian police officials said Wednesday.

There is "incriminating evidence" linking Van der Sloot to the killing of 21-year-old Stephany Flores Ramirez, who was found dead in a Lima hotel room Wednesday, Cesar Guardia Vasquez, of the criminal investigations unit said at a news conference.

The hotel room where Flores was found was registered in Van der Sloot's name, he said.

A hotel guest and an employee witnessed the pair entering the hotel room together at 5 a.m. on Sunday, Guardia said.

Police have video of the previous night, May 29, of Van de Sloot and Flores together at the Atlantic City Casino in Lima, he said.

According to immigration officials, Van de Sloot fled to Chile over land on Monday, Guardia said.

(Programming note: Watch Nancy Grace tonight for the latest on Joran van der Sloot.  "Nancy Grace," 8 ET on HLN. )

Post by:
Filed under: Peru • World
soundoff (1,336 Responses)
  1. jocasz

Dude, go back to school!

June 2, 2010 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Down with Sloaty

No dad to save you this time sloaty!

June 2, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jocasz

Sounds like a set up to me.

June 2, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  4. alexpdx

I hope they find him soon and put him on trial in Peru. If found guilty, I hope to see him serve his full sentence in a Peruvian prison without interference by the Dutch government and without ever being trasnferred to the comparatively comfy confines of a Dutch prison.

June 2, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jen

He is a serial killer... how many others don't we know about? Lock him away forever...

June 2, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Whitney

Wow, I can't believe this whole argument on here over the usage of Karma!! Sheesh...it's all semantics and completely unecessary. It just goes to show that some people will argue over the silliest things. I think what we can all agree on is that this man is a monster and will hopefully get what he deserves...which is to never, ever be able to harm another innocent person again! But, just a little technicality for those of you who care.... karma /kar·ma/ (kahr´mah) [Sanskrit] in Indian philosophy, the total effect of a person's actions, both mental and physical, on his or her existence; a person's present state, including health, is determined by actions from previous existence, and present actions determine their destiny for future existence.
    Do with it what you wish....

June 2, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Whitney

Wow, I can't believe this whole argument over the usage of karma. It is all semantics and completely unecessary. It just goes to show that some people will argue over the silliest things! I think what we can all agree on is that this man is a monster, and hopefully he will get what he deserves...which is to never, ever be able to harm an innocent person again!!!But, just a little technicality for those of you who care... karma /kar·ma/ (kahr´mah) [Sanskrit] in Indian philosophy, the total effect of a person's actions, both mental and physical, on his or her existence; a person's present state, including health, is determined by actions from previous existence, and present actions determine their destiny for future existence.
    Do with it what you wish....

June 2, 2010 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Menlo Park CA

I wonder how many unsolved murders or missing person cases involving young women on vacation all over the world might be a result of this guy? It won't surprise me if he does turn out to be a serial killer.

June 2, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. just_me

Doesn't anyone else think he looks retarted?

June 2, 2010 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. just_me

Doesn't anyone else think he looks like a retard?

June 2, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Whisper

it is sad that another woman has died at this psycho's hand. Daddy is dead and will have no influence in Peru. Hopefully, justice will be served in Peru. If Aruba had done it job in the first place, then the peru woman will still be alive. Now, Aruba wants to help Peru if Peru needs it. I think Peru can do this on their own. No death penalty in Peru for this type of crime but in the future there is plans to have the death penaliy for at least any act of terrorism or a child rapist. My prayers go out for both families and hope justice is served quickly once Joran is captured. Interpol involved so not so many hidiing places left for him.

June 2, 2010 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Potomac Falls

I am utterly shocked at the poor grammar in these postings. I truly tried to read through this and understand people's thoughts on this horrible incident but slowly realized I was reading a 3rd grade English lesson.

June 2, 2010 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Damiao

http://www.englishtips-self-taught.blogspot.com I'm not sure, but I remember that I guided someone looked like with him in my town. It was in 2003 or 2004, I'm not sure.

June 2, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Debi

On the fifth anniversary of Natalie I was working in the garden and thought for a bit that maybe there was some truth mixed into his beach story and it was anj accidental death. That she died and he and daddy threw enough money at the situation to make it go away. I only thought this because there were no priors and nothing since that displayed anything beyond him being an arrogant pig, no trail of violence or victims. This blows most doubts anyone might have had out of the water, sure maybe he can come up with a groupie stalker that wanted to really make a show for the anniversary and waited until he left to slip into the room and kill the girl. He has footage showing him with the girl at the casino and witnesses putting him in the hotel room at 5am and him leaving alone. Hopefully he can be found and stopped before someone else loses a daughter.

June 2, 2010 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Martinbabay

it is very obvious the guy was guilty from day one...it's a pity that the cost of bringing him to justice was another life of another innocent girl. we should be mourning with the the families left behind and the lives lost instead of wasting anymore time on this loser...he will get his...its inevitable.

June 3, 2010 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |