June 7th, 2010

Mexican authorities find mass grave

Mexican authorities over the weekend found 55 bodies inside a mine ventilation shaft that was used as a mass grave in the city of Taxco, officials said Monday.

Post by:
Filed under: Mexico
  1. Lee

Liz, not sure what your point is.

Christine, my god girl grow up. Do you see any comments by me stateing what you have accused me of. And just so you know I'll repeat it : I do not care"

June 7, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jeff Wilson

It was probably just a bunch of poor Mexicans down in the mine shaft. I'm not racist or anything, but they really are a dime a dozen. What I'm trying to say is they won't be missed. Do you think their families will even know? More then likely they came from a family of 53, so it's more a blessing in disguise then anything else. One less mouth to feed will make a big difference in the montly food budget for some of these families. This type of event should be celebrated, not wept over.

June 7, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Margaret

This is so outrageous and lacking in human compassion, I wonder if it's someone's idea of a joke.

June 7, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • ....

Jeff Wilson–You are a waste of air and space. May god have mercy on your putrid soul.

June 7, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Aran

Keep buying those drugs....what do you expect will happen?

June 7, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Gordon

OMG, I don't have time to read articles like this.

June 7, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Aran

SLP ; There may very well be a president in the near future with a name like Lopez or Garcia. I can guarantee you one thing, it will never be you or one of denegrated friends. If you are still alive and not in prison, you will still be on welfare and conducting immoral activeities.

June 7, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. No Mercy

I love the way Americans get full in with witty comments no matter how dire the subject is!
    At least these 55 poor nameless people gave some joy and laughter to others.

June 7, 2010 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mark

perhaps the author of this article was added to that mass grave site before they could finish ...

June 7, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Lewis

They keep killing each other off like this there won't be anyone to sneak across the border !!!

June 7, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jessica

These peple had family just like everyone of us writting on this board. Could there be at least a small amount of compassion for their loved ones, instead of taking up space to discredit yourself as a human being.

June 7, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  10. bailoutsos

A 'friend', from Mexico City. at work said it is safe for me to drive my RV through Mexico. Should I?

June 7, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jaccks

Give Tim a break. He had it right as in mass grave. Mass grave is different than a single grave with family and friends. In Iraq they called them mass graves and no one griped.

June 7, 2010 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Dan

Were they all killed at once? Or is it some serial killers stash box?

June 7, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Dan

Here's good advice for traveling in mexico, the police are crooked, bribe them to avoid jail.

June 7, 2010 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  14. turd

ACAPELA! Get it right you buncha idiots where did you go to school at..the mormon university?

June 7, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Squirk

I simply will not visit Mexico! Too dangerous!

June 8, 2010 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |