June 15th, 2010

Obama: U.S. will end Iraq combat mission on schedule

President Barack Obama said Tuesday that the U.S. military is on track to complete its roughly seven-year combat mission in Iraq - part of a redeployment of forces in response to changing needs at home and abroad.

He also praised members of the armed services for their role in fighting the oil disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, and promised an "unprecedented response" to what has now become a top-tier political crisis.

The president made his remarks during an appearance at the Naval Air Station here, at the conclusion of a two-day visit to the reeling Gulf region.

The armed forces are poised to end their "combat mission in Iraq this summer - on schedule," Obama declared. "You've earned your place among the greatest of generations."

Post by:
Filed under: Barack Obama • Iraq
  1. damiao

http://www.englishtips-self-taught.blogspot.com thank you for visit the webblog

June 15, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bonk

jesus christ stop, nobody likes your webblog

June 15, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  2. carlos

Thank you very much your opinion is important for us, but don't forget to identify yourself....Be polite, don't forget Jesus writes with capital letters

June 15, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bonk

jesus writes LIKE THIS? WOW I NEVER KNEW THAT I BET HE'S GOT A GREAT TWITTER ACCOUNT

June 15, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. carlos

I respect your viewpoint I have been spread this website for a long time, and I've been receive comments and suggestions, it is not spam, and I have no intention to offend you, and American People, Bonk, English Tips is a democratic website blog, I'm sure it is.

June 15, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Bruce Wexler

THe President is lying. He said repeatly during the debates that he would end the combat mission in Iraq within 16 months of taking office. He said two brigades per month, 16 months, and our combat mission in Iraq would end.
    He took office Jan 20, 2009. May 19, 2010 completed 16 months. He didn't do what he said he would do, and now he's lying about it!

June 15, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |