June 25th, 2010

Kellogg's recalls Corn Pops, Honey Smacks, Froot Loops, Apple Jacks

Kellogg's announced a voluntary recall Friday of certain breakfast cereals including Corn Pops, Honey Smacks, Froot Loops and Apple Jacks, due to an "uncharacteristic off-flavor and smell coming from the liner in the package."

According to a company press release, the potential for serious health problems is low, but some consumers sensitive to the flavor and smell could experience possible temporary symptoms, including nausea and diarrhea.

Post by:
Filed under: Health
  1. turd

Why go to the store for a barrel of oil? When you got a barrel of lard at home?

June 27, 2010 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  2. judgenot-k?

all things- in moderation.

June 27, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Chris

Me and my little brother just ate a box of fruit loop sprinkles and so far nothing. I doubt it's that big of a deal and I'll update if I somehow fall ill.

June 27, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Cereal worker

no one in your quality control department have a nose? How do you let 28 million boxes of cereal out of your plant and no body catches a whif? Come on....give your heads a rattle.

June 27, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cereal worker

Keep up the good work kellog's, you should be proud to be making good quality safe kids cereals, Sugar? its good for them, noting like a hyped up kid with rotting teeth, cool...you don't need to check the quality of your products, na...get it on the shelf as fast as you can, maybe you can put some neat , cheap , crappy prizes in the box , make the spazzed out kids buy it quicker? Pat yourselves on the back, you deserve it.

June 27, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  5. No One Important

Parents always want the best for their kids. How would they know they are feeding kids? My parents don't even check if its healthy or not. They are always working and they just want us to have food for us to eat. But I guess that's from a Hispanic's point of view. Usually we are low middle class who just want the best for our family.

So stop calling everybody a hypocrite for just some damn mistake. Its not the parents fault for feeding this to their kids. People don't get obese from some stupid cereal.

June 27, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  6. kitty

My daughter ate these corn pops and had severe cramps and diarrhea, had to bring her to the ER yesterday, I thought she had a virus!. What Kellogg's isn't telling poeple is this--they just added some chemical fiber "healthy" additive to these four cereals...I think they're trying to cover their deadly mistake by blaming the packaging! I will never buy Kellogg's products again!!!!

June 27, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Justme

Wow Kitty I hope your daughter's ok again soon.
    Why add fiber to a kid's cereal??? they're not 80 years old for goodness sake!
    Big companies are always "improving" their products, and in the end make them worse instead!
    Just leave well enough alone!
    SMELLY FILTHY food products and containers from China should be banned from our tables!

June 27, 2010 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  8. rose lanclos

I LOVE MY CEREAL EVERY MORNING AND THAT THE KIND I LIKE

June 28, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Omar Lopez

we should eat the cereals we should eat

July 7, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  9. dennis

Ever since they dropped Michael Phelps for his bong photo, I've been boycotting Kellogs. So I'm safe on this one

July 14, 2010 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  10. A. Berkshire

I'm of the opinion that Kellogs did the right thing by recalling there cereal even without serious health problems reported. Furthermore it is true that everything is good in moderation. For all we know these cereals good really be good for your children considering the fact that we as humans dont know everything. Now as for the "processed people" comment thats just stupid. Even if you or your children ate Cereal all the time you would probably be better off compared to people who eat, oh I dont know, just McDonalds (thank you "Supersize Me"). so in all honesty this whole thing is good and let your kids eat whatever they want just make them go outside and play or excersise for 30 minutes.

Alls swell that ends swell

August 5, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Suntop Kinseeker

Parents are not about to do that they are too effen scared to do this. They are afraid there is a chi-mo or a kidnapper around every corner! So this is why kids aren't playing as much LAZY parents who don't want to go outside with their kids because they miss some thing on Survivor or something that Paris Hilton did or even miss their favorite scripted reality shows. Down with LAZY PARENTS. Lazy parents get a damn grip, press record on your dvr/dvd-recorder/vcr and go play with your damn kids

September 7, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Vuarra

Americans are the fattest people in the world... keep on feeding them their three boxes of fruit loops per day, Yankees, so that you'll remain the biggest nation in the world.

August 21, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |