July 22nd, 2010

BP reportedly alters another photo

Gizmodo is reporting that BP has doctored another image.

Earlier this week, the oil company admitted that it had altered an official photo of its crisis command center. That photo was mocked for its Photoshop sloppiness.

The latest photo, this one of a helicopter cockpit and its outside view, is also getting tee-hees for what observers call obvious cut-and-paste maneuvers. Pay special attention to the seemingly out-of-place air traffic control tower in the upper left hand side of the image and, well, several other off-kilter things.

1. Maria

Please help spread the word to Save Our Gulf! Buy a Save Our Gulf T-shirt,
    proceeds benefit Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation.

July 22, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • qwerasdf

Shame on you BP! You should be punished!

Oh, and... in b4 spammer named BreakingNewsBlog whose blog features:

Zero science (CHECK)
      Zero math (CHECK)
      Zero calculations (CHECK)
      Zero facts (CHECK)
      Zero research (CHECK)
      5 year old imagination with a crayon (CHECK)
      No education (CHECK)
      Poor English (CHECK)
      Can't spell Oxygen (CHECK)
      Crappy idea that BP, US Gov, any government, any company won't take (CHECK)
      Ugly website (CHECK)
      Spam (CHECK)
      Someone who doesn't know how to skip lines and puts idiotic periods (CHECK)

you are a complete joke. Get an education first.

And we all know you are a joke::
      Marano, Gaetano
      Via Ambrogio Arabia 11-D
      Cosenza, CS 87100
      Italy
      +39.3296080801

For the record I'm not defending BP. I just think BreakingNews is an idiot. So does everyone else.

Early message for Breaking News:

hey breaking news, you're a fool.

1) I don't work for BP.
      2) I do not own BP stock or stock options
      3) I believe BP is fully at fault.

You can continue to call me qwerasdf-BP guy all you want because no one even believes you. I already told you I'm NOT defending BP and I don't condone their mistakes. I believe BP needs to take full responsibility. To answer your stupid question, I do not use Photoshop "for my job." However, as a photographer, I do occasionally use Photoshop, but not for the purpose of photographic alterations.

Why don't you stop posting your 5-year old ideas and learn to speak real science and throw out real facts. You're as bad as the 9/11 conspiracy theorists.

July 22, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • BreakingNewsBlog.us

July 22, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • BreakingNewsBlog.us

SCOOP: The tool able to stop the oil spill in the early days of May!!! >>>

July 22, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Dave Althaus

This is important because..........??? If it doesn't have to do wiith fixing the oil leak, why bother with it? What is the relevance of some low-level graphic artist having poor photo shop skills? How does that impact the reporting of the status of fixing the leak? ......or even the flight of the chopper?

Let's get some real journalism going here....not this pablum!

July 22, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. qwerasdf

Shame on you BP! You should be punished!

Oh, and... in before spammer named BreakingNewsBlog whose blog features:

Zero science (CHECK)
    Zero math (CHECK)
    Zero calculations (CHECK)
    Zero facts (CHECK)
    Zero research (CHECK)
    5 year old imagination with a crayon (CHECK)
    No education (CHECK)
    Poor English (CHECK)
    Can't spell Oxygen (CHECK)
    Crappy idea that BP, US Gov, any government, any company won't take (CHECK)
    Ugly website (CHECK)
    Spam (CHECK)
    Someone who doesn't know how to skip lines and puts idiotic periods (CHECK)

you are a complete joke. Get an education first.

And we all know you are a joke::
    Marano, Gaetano
    Via Ambrogio Arabia 11-D
    Cosenza, CS 87100
    Italy
    +39.3296080801

Early message for Breaking News:

hey breaking news, you're a fool.

1) I don't work for BP.
    2) I do not own BP stock or stock options
    3) I believe BP is fully at fault.

July 22, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • BreakingNewsBlog.us

July 22, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • BreakingNewsBlog.us

>>> SCOOP: The tool able to stop the oil spill in the early days of May!!! >>>

July 22, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  4. qwerasdf

Let's also state that since Gizmodo leaked the iPhone 4 illegally, it's been going on a rampage trying to flame on Apple and now BP.

Gizmodo, it's easy to hate on a company, but can you please be objective? You're making even the Apple fanboys at Engadget look "neutral." If you need to resort to such negative reporting like Fox News for pure entertainment value, then you're clearly going to go out of business soon.

July 22, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. BreakingNewsBlog.us

as BP-lover, now, you should be happy, "qwerasdf-BP-guy"... with the wellhead closed, your BP shares and stock options should soon go up again... :|

July 22, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply