August 28th, 2010

Hilton arrested on suspicion of cocaine possession

Paris Hilton was released from a Las Vegas, Nevada, jail Saturday morning after being arrested late the night before on suspicion of cocaine possession, police said Saturday.

The hotel heiress was riding in a black Cadillac Escalade that was pulled over in front of the Wynn Hotel on the Vegas strip about 11:30 p.m. after police detected the smell of marijuana coming from the SUV, Lt. Wayne Holman told CNN.

The driver, whom police did not identify, was arrested for driving under the influence, he said.
Hilton was taken to the Clark County jail. She was released after authorities determined she was not a flight risk, Holman said.

Last month, Hilton was briefly detained in South Africa for allegedly smoking marijuana at the World Cup. Her publicist called the July 2 incident "a complete misunderstanding," and the case was dropped.

Post by:
Filed under: Crime • Paris Hilton
  1. Patti H.

and she will get away with it with a light tap on the wrist.........

August 28, 2010 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  2. Nat

Oh, I am so sick of paris. I would love not to get any news about her until she won't do something useful with her life. Thanks!

August 28, 2010 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  3. Shakeur80085

This is just diverting attention away from the news we all should really be focusing on – THE BLUE POWER RANGER IS GAY!!!!!

August 28, 2010 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  4. Dave

Oh no,,, Here we go again... Bad luck Grrrl. 😦

Stay strong Paris!!! Never mind all the haters.

August 28, 2010 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  5. TeddyN

lol, wonder if the cameras were rolling for the Las Vegas Jail show. Love watching them process

August 28, 2010 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  6. cm

Earlier this week the home intruder with "two big knifes" (her spelling, not mine) and now this ... Paris, girl, how much attention do you need?

August 28, 2010 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  7. Vinny

C'mon mommy and daddy Hilton, play puppet masters and pull some strings to keep your pride and joy from serving any time 🙂 you must be SO proud of her

August 28, 2010 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  8. scoopgator

Dear Media:

Please do not start a rash of editorials about "how difficult it is to grow up a Gozillionaire"... Let's not have anymore reality television for the Rich and Stupid... If you want a true-life reality show, come to Atlanta and find me... I get up at 3:00 every morning and work between 12 and 15 hours a day... I struggle to pay my bills... My dog doesn't wear designer clothing (in fact he has a skin disorder)... No one would try to break into my house (unless they were going to actually bring me something)... I would gladly wear the hair extensions that any company would sponsor me for... I'll sign autographs, allow pictures 24 / 7... By the way, I handle all of the above and NEVER use alcohol or drugs...

August 28, 2010 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
    • jonny K

Amen, brother!

August 28, 2010 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  9. Boss Man

Everybody....GO back to work

August 28, 2010 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  10. Husker1000

The only American who commits 3 felonies a day is Ed Begley Jr.

August 28, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  11. Tom B.

This has got to be the biggest I could care less story in the news at the moment. What she had to upstage Lohan? I mean seriously. Its gonna be in the news for acouple of weeks she is gonna almost go to jail, she is gonna be assigned to rehab and she is gonna be let out early. Sound familar at all?

August 28, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  12. glo

Try a year, is there suppose to be a difference in the law between certain people.I guess yes

August 28, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  13. Christina

ummmmmmmmmmmm...
    I donot think this is a surprise...

August 28, 2010 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  14. Joe Martinelli

This is no lesson for Lohan, I am vaklempt.

August 28, 2010 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  15. A CNN Reader

9 Paragraphs on faux nuz dot com (if you spell it right) ... one sentence here... HMMMMMMM

August 28, 2010 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |