August 28th, 2010

Hilton arrested on suspicion of cocaine possession

Paris Hilton was released from a Las Vegas, Nevada, jail Saturday morning after being arrested late the night before on suspicion of cocaine possession, police said Saturday.

The hotel heiress was riding in a black Cadillac Escalade that was pulled over in front of the Wynn Hotel on the Vegas strip about 11:30 p.m. after police detected the smell of marijuana coming from the SUV, Lt. Wayne Holman told CNN.

The driver, whom police did not identify, was arrested for driving under the influence, he said.
Hilton was taken to the Clark County jail. She was released after authorities determined she was not a flight risk, Holman said.

Post by:
Filed under: Crime • Paris Hilton
  1. DDMMAA

"Last month, Hilton was briefly detained in South Africa for allegedly smoking marijuana at the World Cup. Her publicist called the July 2 incident "a complete misunderstanding," and the case was dropped." Yeah, a complete misunderstanding because she's a hotel heiress and is allowed to do whatever she wants! The rest of us would be rotting in a South African jail for years to come hoping the good ol' USA would come to our rescue! Dumb!

August 28, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  2. Lou in Miami

Make an example out of her. Do you think she cares about the people who put their lives on the line to prevent this stuff from getting out onto the streets? It's not even a consideration for her. Put together a good case against her, one where her attorney won't be able to get her out with a slap on the wrist, and throw her in jail.

I live in Miami. I've played in bands since I was 15 years old. I surf. And I work as an advertising creative. And I have never bought or used that crap, or even had it in my possession. I've never even considered it, and I've been around it most of my adult life.

Give her a fair trial, and if she's guilty, THROW HER ASS IN JAIL for an extended period of time.

August 28, 2010 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  3. Chopswell

I don't care....I'd still "Do'R!"

August 28, 2010 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  4. Emmanuel Banks

Unless she has someone that tweets for her, you can look at her tweets and tell that's not true. She was at home most of the night, her tweets weren't interrupted from 10 hours ago (11:00pm) until 6hours ago (3am). Maybe I'm wrong, but i don't know

August 28, 2010 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  5. Scotty

What a significant contribution she is making to society. HER FAMILY MUST BE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PROUD OF HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WAY TO GO HILTONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 28, 2010 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  6. Doug

Lol... This is on her twitter feed at the time she was arrested:
    Hey Las Vegas! Turn on Channel 3 News Now xox

Then 4 hours later:
    In bed watching Family Guy. Love this show.! So hilarious! Stewie is my favorite 🙂 love his accent.

August 28, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  7. anonymous

OK.. I came here to read a story about Paris Hilton being busted for Cocaine....and all I get is some crap about her driver being arrested for smelling like smoked Marijuana....Tabloid journalism at it's best! Congratulations CNN!

August 28, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  8. jenlee

PARIS PARIS SUCH A WASTE YOU COULD DO SO MUCH MORE WITH YOUR MONEY THAN SUCK IT UP YOUR NOSE SEND IT TO ME I'M BROKE I WILL PUT IT TO GOOD USE

August 28, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  9. Noble9

Didn't she find god or something? Maybe her new religion requires her to smoke pot and crack.

August 28, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  10. Nasir Sadik

She will get the celeb treatment....probally 5 days and probation which her lawer wil be able to go report for her

August 28, 2010 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  11. Tony

"Last month, Hilton was briefly detained in South Africa for allegedly smoking marijuana at the World Cup. Her publicist called the July 2 incident "a complete misunderstanding," and the case was dropped." and now on September 27th she is yet again in question for riding in a Escalade that according to police smelled marijuana coming from the SUV!!! WAKE UP PEOPLE! Paris Hilton is not a role model for our youth, she is a piece of $#!@

August 28, 2010 at 9:30 am | Report abuse |
  12. atty2b

I wonder how much cocaine and marijuana she had in her possession, that will factor in how much jail time she is sentenced to, although I doubt very seriously she will be given jail time, because of who she is. However, if she does in fact have to go to jail, it will be for a very short time.

August 28, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  13. Loveday

She has no self respect! She will most prob end up dead, overdose, killed by a pscho or with HIV. She has everything including a brand new brain i jst hope she uses it b4 its 2late.Shame 😦

August 28, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  14. atty2b

In many instances, justice is not blind. It depends on how much money you have, who you are and who you know.

August 28, 2010 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  15. G1-9

She doesn't have to play by the same rules as "should I say" the average joe. But one thing for sure is this kind of life always has a bad ending , don't matter who you are

August 28, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |