August 31st, 2010

Publicist: Zsa Zsa Gabor 'unresponsive,' rushed to hospital

Actress Zsa Zsa Gabor was rushed to the hospital after her husband found her "unresponsive" Tuesday morning, her publicist told CNN.

Gabor, 93, was taken by ambulance from her Bel Air, California, home to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, where she had undergone hip replacement surgery earlier this summer, publicist John Blanchette said Tuesday.

She was hospitalized for several days earlier this month for complications relating to the surgery, he said.

Her husband, Prince Frederic Von Anhalt, was "very agitated" after calling for an ambulance Tuesday morning, he said.

Gabor had returned home from the hospital two weeks ago because she "wants to spend her final days at her home," Blanchette said at the time.

She spent three weeks in the hospital after breaking her hip in a fall from her bed on July 17.

She has been frail and "pretty much confined to a wheelchair" since a 2002 car accident, said Von Anhalt. The crash happened when the car in which she was riding with her hairdresser slammed into a light pole on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles.

The glamorous Hungarian-born actress, the second of the three celebrated Gabor sisters, is most famous for her many marriages. Among her husbands was Oscar-winning actor George Sanders.

Her more prominent films include John Huston's 1952 Toulouse-Lautrec biopic, "Moulin Rouge;" "The Story of Three Loves" in 1953; "The Girl in the Kremlin" in 1957; and Orson Welles' 1958 classic, "Touch of Evil."

- CNN's Jack Hannah contributed to this report.

Post by:
Filed under: Showbiz
  1. Tea party

She wouldnt of slapped a cop here in Texas....Maybe californica or France ...

August 31, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • dbuckm-TX

Hey Tea Bagger, I know a lot of folks here with HPD that would have let her slap them. Anyway, I think you might just be a phony Texan because you absolutely have no sense.

August 31, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nc

surprise, surprise...another idiotic comment.

You're giving the south a bad name.

August 31, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  2. lisa

OMG BILL!!!
    I remember when she slapped the cop.. not funny I know but WOW it was priceless...
    And please it's ZSA ZSA young or old ... think your just playing when yousay you don't know her.
    if you dont know her google her

August 31, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  3. NyteShayde

áldja meg az Isten, Zsa Zsa. istensegítsenutadon.

August 31, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Kaitlyn

This is to Buck, TeaParty and Paris. I hope when your time is up......and one day it will be.....just like all of us.....but my wish is for people with no feelings, heart or compassion pays you all the same compliments you have paid Zsa Zsa Gabor. She has more class and dignity than all of you put together. Of course, you don't care about that because to each of you she is a nobody. What happened to you all that makes you so unfeeling? I actually feel sorrier for you three than I do for Ms Gabor's family. They know she was classy. Your families know you all are dumb! Hey, best of luck to your luckless and unfeeling lives! You're gonna need more than luck. But I believe that's all you can count on. Too late for anything else. WOW! What a trio!!! God bless your families!

August 31, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Bubba

Everyone report tea party so he has to take his pookie whatever back to Fox.

August 31, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nc

Bubba – I think that tea party is just trying to be stupid.

What is sad – is that people with his intelligence level are why other people can't stand the thought of the "tea party".

The original tea party members (two hundred plus years ago) are rolling over in their graves with the idiocy of this new group.

Maybe he should have enlisted in that farce of a war that "W" got us into – while he LET the Bin Laden family leave the country the day after the World Trade Center bombing – BECAUSE they gave him $10 million previously....hmmmm–we can't find a 6 foot 5 muslim man on dialysis three times a week – really?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But I digress, this site was about Ms. GABOR – NOT this twit's nonsense.

August 31, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. colonel

In her day she and her sisters were glamorous and Zsa Zsa was a good actress and lived a full and remarkable life. Eva died too young and Zsa Zsa was a savvy business woman who ended up owning part of The Beverly Hilton hotel and other properties. I wish her a peaceful journey home.

August 31, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Tander

She's on her way to see Eva! However, I do wish you well, dahling!

August 31, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  8. giddyuppp

God bless....what a magnificent career~~~

August 31, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. LOUIE FROM FLORIDA

ALL OF YOU PEOPLE ARE IDIOTS YOUR PARENTS MUST BE REAL PROUD { I THINK NOT} A PERSON IS DIEING AND ALL YOU IDIOTS CAN TALK ABOUT CAT NOT KNOWING WHO SHE IS AND CUTTING HIM OR HER DOWN YOU GUYS MUST WAKE UP EVERY MORNING JEALOUS OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE MONEY AND FAME AND I KNOW NONE OF YOU HAVE IT IDIOTS

August 31, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tea party

sista Louis how is that REAL ESTATE market down in south Florida these days?

August 31, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Los Angeles

OH GOODY!!! I cannot even begin to tell you how happy I am to learn of this. This old bag has been dodging the big one for some time now. She's been in my Celebrity Deathwatch top 10 for three years running and has kept me from winning each time. Time to pay the reaper – finally!!!

August 31, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tea party

Los Angeles congrats.....I have Whitney Houston , Mike Moore and Linsey Lohand on my list. I have been too lucky I won some funds in 2008 forgot which losers passed away then...

August 31, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nc

Is this a creep contest?

What the heck is wrong with you people??????

The most disgusting things that I've ever heard of.

Wow -there's a special place for people like you.

GROW THE HECK UP>

August 31, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Los Angeles

@Tea Party: Mike Moore – now that a disgusting slob of a fatty that needs to be in anyones Celebrity Deathwatch Top 10!

August 31, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  11. sheppard

TeePee – my 'buddies' aren't in how business and I don't need to look up to them – but then I am not the one with uncontrollable need to behave like a moron every time I hit the key board. I thought you people were Christians? You certainly aren't showing any Christian behavior that I grew up with. One word for that – Hypocrite. Just continue on with your bashing of a sick 93 year old woman that you don't even know. Again – Have you ever considered getting a life that isn't based on gravitating to the lowest common denominator?

August 31, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tea party

sheppard, well aware of Christian hypocracy....As for myself I am agnostic. I believe earth is billions of years old. I am a fisical conservative....against abortion for scientic reasons not science fiction religious reasons. I am about boarders language and culture.....Wesly Snipes is the hypocrit...voting demo and not paying taxes....Sheppard you love taxing rich folks like me. go ahead pay more than you are supposed to....if you even pay your taxes...

August 31, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nc

Against abortion for scientific reasons ???–mularkey. What scientific reasons....

You just are trying to push everybody's buttons and don't realize how pathetic you really are.....

August 31, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

Well teePee, at least you admit you're a Hypocrite.

August 31, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mike

Does anyone else find it strange that people ask whether or not you ever get out when someone says they've never heard of her. I'm 25, and I've never heard of her. Maybe it's because I do get out often and don't waste my time watching old "classic" movies.

August 31, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Katie

I'm two years younger than you, and I know she is.

And classic films are NOT a waste of time. I think they're better than the movies of today.

August 31, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Katie

That should be "WHO she is"

August 31, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marnie

She's best known for slapping a cop.

August 31, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Kaitlyn

I'm gonna say it again Tea party. What happened to you? Oh I know. Those of us who respond to you are just feeding your ego. You must be as big as a blimp! A limp blimp at that! hahahaha

August 31, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tea party

Kaityn, No mam you are mistaking me for that fat liar Mike Moore. You probably want to get in his pants...

August 31, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Susan

Prayers for a lovely lady.

August 31, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Justin

Hang in there Zsazsa. I think you have one great film role left in you.

August 31, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |