September 2nd, 2010

Rapper T.I. arrested on drug charges

Police arrested rapper T.I. and his wife in California late Wednesday after they were allegedly found in possession of a controlled substance.

The couple was arrested during a traffic stop in Los Angeles, according to a police report.

Filed under: Showbiz
  1. ke

I think I need I think I need I think I need my medicine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 2, 2010 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  2. AGeek

The *real* problem here is that morons like TI and hollywood fools are actually idolized. They make *way* too much money, have *way* too little talent, and ..frankly ..deserve a minuscule fraction of what they've got.

September 2, 2010 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
    • RJ

I agree that there are better role models to look up to, however in response to your comment about how much money they get; have you really looked at the music industry? Record Companies get a large portion of record sales, leaving artists with only a small amount. True entrepreneurs figure out how to make their money by marketing and performing live. I wouldn't say its easy for them to get rich, it takes some intelligence.

September 2, 2010 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
    • ratkartz

Actually they deserve more, and with no possibility of parole.

September 3, 2010 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  3. lane24

People never learn I guess now he will think a second time if he has to do jail time or if he will het off lord knows.He needs to know he is not beyond the long arm of the law.

September 2, 2010 at 7:33 am | Report abuse |
  4. swable

Crime don't pay tiny-tip

September 2, 2010 at 7:34 am | Report abuse |
  5. Anonimouth

Ohhh, man... What a shame. Isn't he on probation? I was really rooting for him.
    I don't even care about his personal weed/drug use. Parents need to stop looking to celebrities to be an example to their kids. I just wish he would have been smarter and left that sh- at home. Guess it is back to the concrete hotel... That's a shame.

September 2, 2010 at 7:35 am | Report abuse |
  6. CRF

What a great role model. Stop buying music from punks like this. Loser.

September 2, 2010 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
  7. Really??

How is this worthy of news on CNN?

September 2, 2010 at 7:37 am | Report abuse |
    • ke

Okay! Im trying to make sure my neighbor isnt a child molester or got a meth lab cooking up!! Its just adding on to the stereotype. Now I know a regular white kid or black or hispanic or italian or russian (etc) got popped with 1000's of grams of x or meth now thats something worth reporting

September 2, 2010 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  8. trakTRUK

so...? what is the big deal about it people if thousands of ppl smoke green and sniff stuff some everyday some every weekend what hapend is that those california autoryties just trying to make money from every sitizen and if they want money why don't they talk to Mr. barak osama if this guy spending billions of dollars everywhere and stop messing with ppl

September 2, 2010 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
  9. steeve-o

Now why you wanna go and do that, TI, huh?

September 2, 2010 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
    • dollar

hahahahaha...

September 2, 2010 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  10. Ke

1. It's very sad that Tiny got wrapped up in this and arrested also...

2. I wonder what was the "controlled substance" that was found?

3. And he has way to much to loose, so I'm having really hard time believing he was crazy enough to blow it... Makes me wonder if someone in his posse's setting him up out of jealousy???

3. He's was arrested in Cali, so IF he gets jail time he BETTER get out in a few days since Lindsay and Paris did... SMH

September 2, 2010 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  11. worried

So..I read the headline and I see the word "allegedly" meaning nothing has been proven. Yet, the majority of you have seem to have already rendered his guilty verdict. I was deeply saddened at ALL of the racial and stereotypical undertones that resides in the majority of the comments made. There was one who said the if ou think rappers (or any entertainer) is a role model then the problem lies at home. The fact that he didn't finish school but still rose to the top is an accomplishment in my eyes (and he did know his father by the way). We can easily sit in our homes and say how dumb/stupid he was, but we're not him and can't really say what would we would do if we were actually in that situation. I also saw one person comments on his musical talents..all I ave to say is if you never bought a T.I. Cd or listened to any of his music, how would you know he sampled? What this sound like to me (referring to the comments) is a lot of "bandwagon fans" throwing stones.

September 2, 2010 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  12. L. P.

I realize this is unrelated, but please learn proper English before publicly posting your opinions... just in this thread (so far), three separate people misused "their" when they meant "they're," "here" when they meant "hear," and "your" when they meant "you're."
    No one will take you seriously if you can't spell!

September 2, 2010 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Anonimouth

Hahahaha!

Awesome.

September 2, 2010 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Chitown Lover

you forgot "loose" for "lose" lol

September 2, 2010 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
    • ke

i am sure they know proper english but in the internet world when it doesn't have to be a business proposal we really dont care. none of us are sleeping in late we are up early so that means we getting ready to get that dough or do i need to say money!!!

September 2, 2010 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
  13. Chitown Lover

Here's a tip: STOP BREAKING THE LAW and him or noone of his supporters will have to keep making excuses about him being setup and framed and.....

September 2, 2010 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
  14. John

WHAT?! A rapper arrested on drug charges? Shocker.

September 2, 2010 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  15. melliemel

i jus cant believe this s**t man damn...why?? crazy..no further comment!!!!

September 2, 2010 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |