September 2nd, 2010

Rapper T.I. arrested on drug charges

Police arrested rapper T.I. and his wife in California late Wednesday after they were allegedly found in possession of a controlled substance.

The couple was arrested during a traffic stop in Los Angeles, according to a police report.

Filed under: Showbiz
  1. poodank

smoke weed everyday

September 2, 2010 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
    • ke

Thats why you should smoke in the safety of your house!!!!!!

September 2, 2010 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  2. T.I. biggest fan

I dont know how all of this went down, but I know that everyone makes mistakes and more than one of them. T.I. just know that I'm in your corner and please drop the album before things get to heated. To all the other comments, no one was there so you cant judge him.

September 2, 2010 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  3. Name* irony

Where were the comments like these when Paris got arrested for drugs Again last week(charges dropped..I wonder why) and Lindsey got arrested once again...smh. Many celebs keep getting in trouble over and over and slapped on the wrists so don't make it seem like it's just rappers. Wrong is wrong. Let's get the full story. Also many "rappers" get caught up with illegal drugs like "weed". Many "rockstars" while they may sniff coke, a lot take prescription drugs to get high where they get no charges against them if they only have possession because they aren't illegal. But better believe most celebs are getting high some kind of way.

September 2, 2010 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  4. nickc1969

Breaking News: Rapper arrested on drug charges.
    Breaking News: Hurricanes are really blowy.
    Exclusive, only on CNN!

September 2, 2010 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  5. kevin

way to write a 2 sentence article CNN. why even publish something if you dont even have an substance.

September 2, 2010 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  6. GetAGrip

It was WEED...Seriously all the other drugs these white girls are gettin off for and they want to act up about some weed? Ridiculous, all the more reason to legalize. More people are in jail and are in jail and rehab because of weed...Its grass!!!!!

September 2, 2010 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  7. Lrex

why are you people so shocked and want to give up on T.I.? how many of our own friends been stupid and get pulled
    over for being that very thing? did you stop being friends? I doubt it. Sure it was unwise whatever T.I. was doing if the
    facts stand as stated. let's not put too much into these so called stars. We gave them the money and fame, that does not
    give us a right to tell them how to live. John Doe down the street got the same offense no talk about that. why should
    T.I.'s toothache be any different than mine? in other words he's human living in america. and as far as the President
    goes he's doing the best he can. How can you break what's already broke.It's like other folks started a fire and now
    sit back and complain about how someone else is putting it out. THIS COMMENT WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE LETTER "E".

September 2, 2010 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Beverly J

RIGHT ON LREX,im looking for my first comment to you earlier i totally agreee with everything thing,including the president,some need to go learn about the ture god,and know President Obama isn't god.Only a man,that got himself in a whole lot of sh**T like a very broken glass.I pray for him,and TI,and the Linsay's out there we all need prayer's,in these days.

September 2, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  8. andy

man, this biggotry is really bringing me down. i appologize on behalf of all the ignorant racists who have posted. "don't judge my color based off of my brother" works for us, too. how this devolved into racist political commentary is beyond me.

September 2, 2010 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
    • nikki

andy we still love ya!!!!!!!!! I know its just for reaction he probably is going to go shake, hug, and laugh with different races today. Its just slamming behind a computer

September 2, 2010 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  9. Bmore

I think we should just worry about ourselves. We don't even know if it is factual.

September 2, 2010 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  10. Name*John

What a hypocrite.

September 2, 2010 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  11. Jim

I can believe the cops would set him up but T.I. could have easily avoided those problems. He can afford to have someone drive him around in a Maxima or other low profile car. He could have his driver start video recording the minute they get pulled over to make sure the cops are on the up and up.
    The reality is that he was probably smoking weed and driving a fancy car in an attention getting manner. Basically this guy doesn't learn.
    There's nothing admirable about these actions. It's not like he was busted pushing the limits of his artistry like Erykah Badu or Lenny Bruce.

September 2, 2010 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  12. nonPCrealist

Rappers do drugs?? NO WAI!!!?!

September 2, 2010 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  13. terbrearo

Who?

September 2, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  14. 32789

Pimpin aint easy

September 2, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  15. Cella

Some pple need to get their facts straight before u start judging pple. U don't live their life and u don't know wat they go through, their pple just like us 'regular folks'. Stay strong T.I & Tiny ur try fans r praying for u…

September 2, 2010 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |