September 5th, 2010

Flight attendant, JetBlue say farewell

A JetBlue flight attendant whose fame took off after his dramatic exit down an emergency chute is is no longer employed by the airline.

JetBlue spokeswoman Jenny Dervin told CNN on Saturday that Steven Slater no longer works for the airline. She said that the separation occurred last week, but declined to elaborate how Slater and the company parted ways.

Slater became a hero to some after an August incident when, authorities said, he grabbed some beer and triggered an inflatable emergency chute from a plane at a JFK Airport terminal in New York.

Read the complete story on CNN.com

Post by:
Filed under: Air travel • Jobs
  1. g'pa paul

I am so shocked, dissappointed these two couldent work it out! (Clearly Bush's fault – yet another problem inherited by Obama!)

September 5, 2010 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  2. Gwen

That's what happens when you stand up for yourself with nasty passengers. Bye, bye, Blue!!!!!

September 5, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  3. HELP

Hey guys, will you visit SaveStan.ORG a friend of mine with 4 young children is fighting for his life..........Thanks

September 5, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Don

I am surprised that JetBlue hasn't blacklisted this knucklehead. It doesn't matter; no one will hire him for customer service jobs, again!

September 5, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Criminy

The guy did something stupid without thinking things through. I have done that myself. No matter how much I regret doing it myself, the truth is: When one becomes the kind of person a company would not have hired in the first place, there is no sense in thinking they deserve to keep that job after such behavior.

Good luck, Steven Slater. I know flying was your family's way of life... so I am sorry it turned out this way for you.

September 5, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Pat

As with any job there are rules, and there are consequences. People say ALOT of $ to fly! Thaw dont deserve to be treated disrespectful. However, they should treat the staff with respect also. I just think steven could have done something different. I worked in a nursing home. If a patient slapped me or became combative, i had the option to walk away and get help. If id have slapped the patient back? I'd have had abuse charges, and been unemployed. We are ALL given the power of choice to choose right from wrong. By choosing wrong, we (he) suffered the consequence. This has NOTHING to do with Bush or Obama.

September 5, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  7. deli

This si to paul. let me tell u something u should educate u r self and look in the mirror befor u say something about the presidentand by the way this topic has nothing to do with bush or president barack. u r idiot and stupid.dont say something in this blog u dont have much brains cells.

September 5, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  8. ken

Paul that is so stupid what u said. Omg. I guess being stupid and a idiot is a problem inherited by Paul.

September 5, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. dob

Of course. I would not hire him back either.

September 5, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. hmm!

i believe slater was push to the limit we all have a breaking point. he could have smack the passenger, spilled a drink in his lap, whatever.

September 5, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  11. g'pa paul

@ deli & ken: your correct, "nothing to do with topic", but will in November! Just having a little fun... Geeze, lighten up! Bet u think this idiot is a "hero", huh?

September 6, 2010 at 5:09 am | Report abuse |