September 11th, 2010

Pastor clearly says Qurans won't be burned

Controversial Florida pastor Terry Jones told NBC's "Today" show Saturday he's decided to cancel the Quran-burning event to have been held at 6 p.m.

"I can absolutely guarantee that there will never be a Quran burning at our church," Jones told NBC. "We will definitely not burn the Quran."

Earlier Friday, Jones gave mixed messages about whether he intended to carry out his plans, which have sparked international controversy and protests in the Muslim world. U.S. military leaders said the event would imperil the lives of troops abroad.

President Obama said Friday that the idea that "we would burn the sacred texts of someone else's religion is contrary to what this country stands for."

READ THE FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: Anti-Islam • Florida • National security • Religion • U.S.
  1. jeff

Media Terrorism: The Media created this Frankenstein before they even cared that he was a deluded lunatic. Did they do this intentionally or just out of reckless sensationism? Great Shame on CNN and the other Media Editorial Boards. They should be sick with shame. And now, can we trust them at all?

September 12, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. kevin

Rationalist - LOL you do have a sense of humor:) You use words like blood thirsty to describe others religious icons and then question someone who at the very least has opened their eyes to see the good in all people. Don’t throw stones in a glass house.

I have not attacked my Christian faith but I have pointed out that some are misrepresenting me when they claim righteousness while committing acts of hate in the name of the lord. Does their act of hate in the name of the lord make them right or just another jihadist? Think twice before you profane the lord of other faiths.... you just may be cursing the same god.

September 12, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. kevin

Rationalist – No matter what I say you will just view hate. I could show you the sun and you would see nothing but darkness. I could end this with go with god or peace be upon you but you would just find some hateful message hidden within. How about you just look with in your sole and try to find peace with yourself as you will never find it with others.

September 12, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Rationalist

There you go again! I refuted your quotation of Sura 109.6 showing that it shows intolerance rather than peace, but you change the subject. Typical of Islamists using Taqqiya to lie to people in order to defend and spread their religion. You are using Taqqiya very well disguising yourself as a Christian! Don't put words into my mouth that I attacked Muslims. I consider Muslims or any people as my fellow human beings. However, I have a right to question and criticize anti-human teachings of their faiths, be it Islam, Christianity or any other faith. I am an agnostic and have no ill-will against anyone. I just don't believe Islam is a religion of peace. Most Muslims are good peaceful people inspite of the bigotry taught by their religion.

September 13, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. kevin

Rationalist – he is one of your good Christians .... case closed.

September 12, 2010 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Rationalist

More Taqqiya! Where did I defend Christianity? I am an agnostic. I have no problem in admitting that the Old Testament is full of bigotry, hatred and violence. Most Christians also readily admit the this fact. Most Christians, unlike you Muslims, don't deny that and don't try to use smoke and mirror tactics to defend and deflect the facts. Christians have accepted and follow Jesus' teachings of peace and love ever since the renaissance period. Of course, a great deal of bloodletting happened in the medieval times in the name of Christianity. Christians don't deny that.

September 13, 2010 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jean-Marc Gauvin

Y post comments when they don't appear anywhere? This is absolute idiocy at its best! Please prove me wrong! Way to go CNN!

September 12, 2010 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Jean-Marc Gauvin

Where is my other entry??? C'mon!

September 12, 2010 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply