September 11th, 2010

Pastor who planned 9/11 Quran burning arrives in NYC

The Rev. Terry Jones, the Florida pastor who has garnered worldwide attention for his plan earlier this week to burn Qurans on September 11, arrived in New York City late Friday night, according to footage provided by CNN affiliate WABC.

"I don't have anything to say right now," he told a group of reporters who followed him out of LaGuardia Airport and to a taxi cab.

K.A. Paul, an evangelist in contact with Jones, has said that there will be no burning of the book Saturday evening, as had been originally planned.

Jones has said he was scheduled to travel to New York City on Friday night for a still-unscheduled meeting with the imam in charge of the New York Islamic center planned near ground zero.

The planned meeting, Jones had said, helped persuade him to halt the planned burning.

Read the full CNN.com story

Post by:
Filed under: U.S.
  1. Christy SC

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
    A moment of silence for 911 and all the families....UNDER GOD WE STAND!

September 11, 2010 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
  2. DegreesF

I hope to wake to the sweet smell of burning Vellum on Saturday. Burn as many as you can Mr. Jones. All the world is watching. People like you are what makes America great. What an incredible statement of patriotism. I'm gonna torch one myself in salute to those who stand against Islam. What kind of person wipes their ass with a bare hand? I'll tell you who. The same people that stone women to death, whip people, brainwash children, cut off hands and feet, gouge out eyeballs, and hold public executions on Friday nights. A day in the life of a Musilm.

September 11, 2010 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
  3. Knox

I really find it odd that somehow Americans on here are ok with having to live in fear. Listen I dont think anyone needs to be burning anything in a protest. However I also dont think evil of any kind is profitable. I truly believe this Pastor had a goal to try and strike a deal to have the buliding in NYC moved to a different location. At this point if the only reason not to is money and fear of Muslim Attacks. So what do it. Muslims will attack again, its how some of them roll. They live for that. I dont know where they learn it. I dont care. If its in the Karon. Shame on the Karon. If its just stupid people being stupid people... well thats a phomenonan

September 11, 2010 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  4. raju

zeff I read it. It says
    Saudi Arabia allows Roman Catholics and Christians of other denominations to enter the country as foreign workers for temporary work, but does not allow them to practise their faith openly, and as a result Roman Catholics and Christians of other denominations generally only worship in secret within private homes[2]. Items and articles belonging to religions other than Islam are prohibited[3]. These include Bibles, crucifixes, statues, carvings, items with religious symbols, and others[4].

September 11, 2010 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
  5. Indonesia

Hello Americans ... I am a Christian living in Indonesia, the largest Moslem country in the world. Many of my friends are Moslem and they do condemn what Al-Qaeda did to your WTC. Indonesia experienced a couple of terrorists attacks too in the past, Bali, Marriot 1, Australian Embassy, and the recent Marriot and Ritz Carlton bombings. Do you guys ever realised that most of the victims were Moslem? They were security guards, cab drivers, people walking on the street, hotel bell boys, etc. AL-Qaeda does not care to kill Moslem people too. They did that to scare westerners, like Rev. Terror Jones. If Jones continues his planned burning event, that is exactly what Al-Qaeda wants American to do, so they find reason to do another attack. Do you want to have your sons, daughters, families, friends to be the next victims of Al-Qaeda? If so, go ahead and support Jones.

September 11, 2010 at 2:47 am | Report abuse |
  6. Kakinyi

Just an old sad madman trying to gain his 15secs of fame. Too bad the press gave and still continues to give him even more time that he cld ever dream of!!!! Will stop giving the guy publicity pleeeeeeease!

September 11, 2010 at 4:06 am | Report abuse |
  7. Dehkotee

I think that that its a shame that this Pastor has waited through 9/11 and 2 middle east wars to finally threaten such a thing. If he was to do it a better time would have been then. I believe this is an attempt to destroy President Obama's character and further incite the Christian Right against the first black president of the US.

September 11, 2010 at 4:28 am | Report abuse |
  8. philipe12

This "preacher" doesn't just want the Koran burned or he would do so quietly. what he really wants is to tear people down with his false Christian teachings and behavior.

September 11, 2010 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  9. Luis

Soon the victims of 911 will be able to go visit the Cordoba mosque at Ground Zero, and pray there to remember all the victims of the tragedy. Anyone who is a free man will be able to go visit the mosque and pay their respects. Maybe if they're lucky they can write a letter of thanks to Imam Feisal or to the noble mayor Bloomberg. They are the true heroes today.

September 11, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  10. steve frazier

I really don't know what to think about all of this. But I suspect that the rev has some sort of mental illness and craves attention and found a way to get it. I think its time that this so called man of god take his hatred and bigotry and go back to the swamp preach it to the gators who wouldn't give a damn anyway. He craves this attention lets not give it him.

September 11, 2010 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Ana67

I agree with Mama Bea and dadsnorzs, the media has to edit what they publish. Besides, I believe the Pastor used a cheap stunt to attract attention to his deteriorating church that seems to be falling apart. He should be band and his leadership as a pastor should be stripped from him. He's just making things worst for our troops and making things worst in the world w/hate and disrespect towards others beliefs. Is he the Anti-Crist/ False Profit?

September 11, 2010 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Sarah

PLEASE DONATE FOR PAKISTAN EMERGENCY DONATION & DOUBLE IT FROM CANADIAN GOVERNMENT BY SEP 12.
    CALL UNICEF CANADA 1-800-567-4483 OR UNICEF.CA
    $1, $2 OR MORE, EVERY $ COUNTS. THANKS IN THE NAME OF HUMANITY.

September 11, 2010 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Will

How small and impotent must their god be if he cannot stand the burning of one of his books, so much so that his followers have to threaten to kill Americans wherever they find them? How pathetically sad and impotent a god they have, and their own actions prove it. I guess he could not defend himself against the infidels if he chose to do so. Pathetic.

September 11, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Will

The actions of these muslims to the burning of the koran only reveals how impotent they believe their god to be, that he cannot avenge himself on the infidels without their help. If the musllims did nothing, then nothing would ever happen because allah is no god at all. he does not exist. This is why his followers do this, because they know he is impotent to do anything himself, but by them.

September 11, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Will

I guess if all the koran's in the world were to be burned, then their god would be no more. How sad a commentary to his impotence that he cannot abide even ONE of his books to be burned. How threatened he must feel by a mere mortal man.

September 12, 2010 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |