September 14th, 2010

World update: French Senate votes on burqa ban

An update from the CNN newsdesk in London on some of the stories we're following today:

Burqa ban - France’s Senate votes today on a full ban on the burqa being worn in public. This is the second stage in a three-stage process which would see the proposal become law.

Popemobile – Max Foster goes to a special preview of the Popemobile, a bulletproof, modified, white Mercedes which will be used to transport the pope while he’s in the UK this week.

George Michael - George Michael will be hoping for Freedom today as he places his Faith in the UK’s judicial system to Listen Without Prejudice as he waits to hear if he will be jailed after being found guilty of driving under the influence of drugs. He will be hoping that the court will allow him One More Try to clean up his act.

European Champions League - The richest and most prestigious football competition gets under way this week as Inter Milan start the defence of their title.

Greece strikes - Freight truckers in Greece are set to strike today.

Fighting pirates - London camera heading down to Southampton to shoot a story on the latest techniques to fend off attacks by pirates, including a demonstration at sea.

1. Canfield

American Conservatives are one of three things: an idiot, an individual who is just not happy in life, or a Corporate puppet.

September 14, 2010 at 8:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. hoss

What in this article has to do with americans? perhaps its a just a way to look for an argument.

September 14, 2010 at 8:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. thetruth

WOW! How shallow! I'm a "reformed" liberal and am NONE of those things! In fact, my "liberal" thoughts made me miserable(I see it has done the same to you!) I didnt know TRUE freedom until I changed!

September 14, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. NAVAIRVET

Canfield is an idiot!!I am a proud Black Republican,and the party will take back the Nation!!!

September 14, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. philipe12

Odd how people still fall for that age old "divide and control" tactic used by governments for centuries. During a call for war citizens argue over (D) vs. (R) while Congress just say's go.

September 14, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Obama

Those French do the darnedest things. That reminds me; right after my next vacation I have to attack another person who is exercising their free rights, or a state that is enforcing existing laws that I refuse to uphold.

September 15, 2010 at 4:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Liza18

please check out http://www.islamicsolutions.com/unveiling-the-truth-behind-the-veil/

September 15, 2010 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply