September 17th, 2010

'Bore hole' reaches trapped miners in Chile

A bore hole reached 33 trapped Chilean miners Friday, officials said, but it must be widened before miners can squeeze through - a process that should take a few weeks.

Read the full story on CNN.com

Post by:
Filed under: Chile miners trapped
  1. BP

HAS ANYONE THOUGHT TO JUST BE GREATFUL IT IS NOT BP DRILLING THE RELIEF BORE HOLE ????

September 17, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Coaster

I'm pretty sure that when most people say "thank god" they mean "PHEW". Take it or leave it, it's a positive comment on the situation.

September 17, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Zen

I hope people realize quite a number of "praise the lord" posts on here came from obvious trolls.

September 17, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  4. moefugger

Great news

September 17, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  5. JoePub

Just from reading some of these posts, I can conclude that atheists are the most arrogant, sarcastic, spiteful, bitter, angry, condescending people on the face of the Earth. I guess that is what happens when you have nothing to look forward to.

September 17, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Spartacus

The live video of these guys getting out is going to be on the most exciting and beautiful things on the NEWS IN YEARS.
    I am so relieved for these men and there families and cannot wait to see that man who's wife gave birth while he has been trapped in that mine, see and hold his newborn baby in the flesh for the first time.

September 17, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  7. LaLuna

Thanks to all the engineers, the Chilean government and everyone else who have worked tirelessly to get these men out. Nice to get some good news for a change. Hopefully the big drilling will go smoothly and everyone will get out safely.

September 17, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mmomcat

So sad that this almost-miraculous opportunity to share hope and happiness appears to have turned into a debate about the existence of God, and His part in this disaster. I always say to people to say they don't believe in God that it's OK, because He believes in you!. Let's all just pray , hope, or visualize, the miners being freed!

September 17, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Arick

Using an article like this to blast religion...real classy people. I guess haters gonna hate and trash gonna be trash. No, I am not religious either, but do you think insulting people's beliefs and calling them names is going to make them come around to your way of thinking? That is like a used car salesman insulting your mother while trying to sell you a car.

September 17, 2010 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. David

You've got to be kidding me ... a very good thing has happened for these miners, and what do I witness ... people arguing about the existance of God! To everyone who has posted on here negative comments about God ... grow up and open up your mind to other possibilities outside your feeble ability to grasp ... you represent everything evil in this world as far as I am concerned. Please don't ever show up in my town with your evil thoughts and negativity!

September 17, 2010 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Davey Jones

When they started asking for nylons and condoms, I lost interest

September 17, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  12. marquiz

My father was a miner and I witnessed as a child several deaths due to accidents in mines (though not my father). The rescue of these pour men would be the best news of the year, one effort, one cause...bringing them up will be a miracle and we should contemplate our human power to do such good things.

September 17, 2010 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  13. God

You people are cracking me up.

September 18, 2010 at 5:38 am | Report abuse |
  14. mekonnen tadesse edeti

It is time to rescue CHILE miners who are trapped two months before.Every body has to pray to OUR GOD to save these innocent people.Please remind them when you are praying every time for a second to save those men.

September 30, 2010 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  15. Anyone out there?

That was uncalled for. Grow up and show some respect.

September 17, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |