September 25th, 2010

Mideast talks on the clock with settlement controversy

The clock is ticking as the United States seeks a way to keep Middle East peace talks from falling apart over this weekend's end to an Israeli moratorium on settlement construction.

The issue of settlement construction is highly controversial, and the Palestinians have said a restart by the Israelis would be reason enough to end talks.

Read more on CNN.com.

1. Numbaoneballa

As long as Islam exists there will never be peace, but the Jews need to get off the muzzy land. Muhammad was a pedophile coward war criminal

September 25, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jim Brieske

How to stop killing each other after over 60 years of it.

Step one is agreeing the Palestinians must have a country.
    Step two is deciding the location of Palestine.
    Step three is everyone realizing that the Israelis and Palestinians are unable to agree where Palestine will be.
    Step four is doing as I have said previously. Palestine shall be located south of a line running from Rafah to Sedom with Elat being the Palestinian capital.
    Israel will be the land north of the Rafah/Sedom line. TelAviv will be the new Israeli capital because Jerusalem is to be the new capital of Earth.
    I don't care about the West Bank land or Gaza land. They are part of Israel. I don't care about the Jewish people saying, Jerusalem and it's history make it our capital. It's not anymore, it belongs to the people of Earth as a symbol of change. A decision made by two groups to adhere to the rule, You shall not kill one another.
    Step five, move and build. That should keep you busy for many years.
    Hamas interferes, you all kill them.
    jim

September 25, 2010 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Michelle

I like your idea Jim! My teenagers are fighting over who gets their own room, can u come over and help us resolve this? P.S. Neither of them are muslim or jewish and we have no weapons.

September 26, 2010 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jim Brieske

I am looking at a map. One may say, the Palestine land is impossible to build on. That's not true. It will just cost more money.
    I suggest the Middle East oil rich countries with their lavish lifestyies cutback on their way of life, another quit killing each other and one stop with their nuclear weapon building program. You will never ever get to use one and be punished severely for having built one.
    Consider this everyone's project and there will be success.
    jim

September 26, 2010 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  5. Michelle

I like your idea Jim.Now could you come over and help my teenagers settle a dispute re who gets their own room? Neither of them are Muslim or Jewish and they have no weapons.

September 26, 2010 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jim Brieske

Michelle. That's a territorial dispute that may require a chore doing agreement followed by pizza, movies and ice cream.
    jim

September 26, 2010 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  7. Michelle

Jim, impressive and refreshing.

September 26, 2010 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jim Brieske

Michelle. One must be older than the other. The oldest gets the room. Wait, do you have twins? The six minute rule will be in affect. I have a fraternal twin. That 6 minutes got him alot.
    I used to be a carpenter. I could build you an addition. How bad is the conflict getting?
    jim

September 26, 2010 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  9. Michelle

Oops, my comments were posted out of order! Problem is, as soon the peace talks end and movies and refreshments are served, everything goes back into dispute. Idk, teenagers, come to think of it, maybe one really is a jew and the other a muslim. Maybe instead of pizza and movies we should snack on hummus and have prayer?

September 26, 2010 at 12:47 am | Report abuse |
  10. Michelle

No they are 3 years apart. The elder has had her own room for 4 years and I just thought the younger one should have a turn. Plus the older one is hardly home anymore....

September 26, 2010 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  11. Jim Brieske

Michelle. My chore agreement solution may have a possibility of success. Great. Let me know how it works out.
    Yes I would have came over for you. It would have taken a couple days though.
    jim

September 26, 2010 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  12. Michelle

I'm in So Cal, where are you?

September 26, 2010 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
  13. Numbaoneballa

Wow get a room. Michelle, don't advertise your ignorance and low iq so blatantly. At least try to appear normal

September 26, 2010 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  14. Michelle

Your just jealous. Your views, opinions and writing leave a lot to be desired. Jim has some great ideas that are seriously good so there. Enjoying talking to someone for a few minutes that I'll never meet or probably talk to again is no reflection on my IQ or any ignorance.Dang.

September 26, 2010 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  15. Jim Brieske

Michelle. If the older is hardly at home anymore, meaning she sleeps elsewhere, then give the room to younger so she can have her own space. She needs it. The older one doesn't and must understand it's the kind thing to do.
    I hope she is sleeping elsewhere otherwise you will have to wait until the older one tells the younger one you can have my room. That makes it difficult. You will have to reason with older one because the younger one needs her space to grow up as an individual. The older one has reached that stage.
    I am not Jewish or Muslim. I attend a Christian church but they spend the first half hour singing Jesus songs which I find somewhat uncomfortable.
    I wonder how many times I can get away with going in there late? Before someone brings up my tardiness. I think twice but not three times. I will find out.
    jim