September 27th, 2010

Los Angeles breaks record high temperature

Los Angeles, California,  has broken the all-time record high temperature of  112F with a temperature of 113F at 12:15pm PDT.  Their temperature could rise more through the afternoon.

READ MORE on CNN affiliate KTLA

Post by:
Filed under: California • Weather
  1. Debasser

See? Told you global warming was a myth!

September 27, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. PalinDrone

Bush would have never let this happen.

September 27, 2010 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • EJ

Very true. Ever notice whenever a Republican is in office the weather never changes from 68 degrees anywhere you go?

September 27, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Phattee

I'm in LA. When I went outside for my lunch break, as soon as I opened the door it felt like a giant blow dryer set to max was being aimed directly at me.

September 27, 2010 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • memphian

Exactly, blow DRYer....try the 120+ days we had here all summer (up until about 2 weeks ago) when the humidity was between 90% and 100%. I'm from SoCal and all I heard all summer was how cool it was there...now it's hot for 1 day and everyone complains. Give me a break!

September 27, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  4. HueJorgen

We tend to overlook the fact when the mercury rises stronger than usual earthquakes occur but the reality is it is true.. heat creates stress in the earth and when this happens that is when you get the Richter to move!

September 27, 2010 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Buba Smith

Your right Russel, Shake & Bake

September 27, 2010 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. LouAz

All the pot smokers should not light off at the same time.
    I had a Richter once, but the tranny started to go out and I had to sell it.

September 27, 2010 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Anthony

Higher temperatures in the down town core of any major city can be attributed to any number of things including higher temperatures at the source of the reading rather than an accurate reading of the overall core temperature. Other causes can vary from increased traffic to construction and even increased air condition use. Readings dating back to the 1800's are generally considered supplemental rather then definitive since many of those instruments were either not accurate or may be completely erroneous. Regardless, a one degree shift is not significant enough to even be considered by any serious climate scientist unless that shift is maintained for more then five years. A one year shift is considered an anomaly, NOT evidence of climate change. We just covered these types of shifts yesterday in our PHD course.

September 27, 2010 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Justin

Its not catastrophic, but it is unusual. especially during this time of year.

September 27, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Burbank

That's got to the the high for that particular date. I lived in SoCal for 45 years, and remember it getting to 115 in late June in the early '90's.

September 27, 2010 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. angelique

I'm in Huntington Beach, about 30 miles south of L.A. I live in a nice apartment but with no air conditioning. Being by the beach, you rarely need it. But it's stifling, sickly hot in here. I work from home but had to bail for a few hours. This is as bad as I can remember...

September 27, 2010 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • stwebb

It didn't seem that hot here in MDR, but I stayed inside today naked!!!

September 27, 2010 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  10. romancaesar

LA is a great city! But now they get a dose of the weather the rest of the country has been experiencing. Global warming is a hoax and the environment is not that "delicate and fragile". Wait till this winter when everyone will be complaining about "how cold it is"!??!! Global cooling may be coming too; the world has always cooled and warmed itself without man's help; man had NOTHING to do with the first ICE AGE folks! I llove LA and find it a really cool city; I don't live there but I live out west. For the Califronia "haters" out there, find something new to hate and you'll be better off!

September 27, 2010 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. uiopjkl

113 is the record? Wow, I thought it would be higher than that. I remember about 4-5 years ago up in the SF Bay Area it was around 112-115 for a week and that was pretty toasty. If it has been that hot up here, I would have thought it must have been hotter down there at some point...

I was in Shanghai in July where it was 104, plus high humidity, plus oppressive air pollution... That was pretty uncomfortable. FYI, LA pollution is nothing compared to Shanghai or Guangzhou. At least in LA you can see the sun...

September 27, 2010 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Chloe in Chatsworth, CA

I think somebody needs to up his meds.

September 27, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Michael Williams

Yep! The quality of comments on this issue show that President Obama is right after all. Normally I don't agree with him. We need to put these people in school for at least another month each year. The education system is BROKEN

September 27, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. JacklynD

NOAA’s National Climatic Data Center reports 2010 hottest year on record. NASA: The 12-month running mean global temperature has reached a new record in 2010 – despite recent minimum of solar irradiance: "We conclude that global temperature continued to rise rapidly in the past decade" and "there has been no reduction in the global warming trend of 0.15 – 0.20 degrees /decade that began in the late 1970's.

September 27, 2010 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Whoopy

Oh, what I would give to my fist through your face. Imbecile.

September 27, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply