September 28th, 2010

Children on school bus abducted in Nigeria

About 15 children have been kidnapped in southeastern Nigeria when gunmen hijacked a school bus, police said on Tuesday.

The incident occurred on Monday in Abia state, said Emmanuel Ojuku, National Police spokesman.

Kidnapping has been rampant in the region for years. In this case, the abductors are asking for ransom money.
Police don't know the whereabouts of the children, and they can't confirm their nationalities.

Filed under: Nigeria
  1. Jim Brieske

I agree with President Obama that countries in Africa who seek democracy should receive aid. One of the first steps toward this is establishing law and order.
    There are numerous groups of lazy, disgusting, selfish, cowardly, mean, hateful, greedy armed men involved with kidnapping throughout the continent of Africa. I have a message for them. "You live for a very brief period of time. Afterward your fate belongs to God and his has forever to give you. He has been deciding the fate of inviduals for billions of years and he will continue for billions and billions more. I highly suggest you stop your foolish behavior immediately."
    Meanwhile I believe one problem with Africa is that it should be state-like countries all managed with democracy and a federal government located in a new African capital city.
    But you know to be honest, I just don't think many many African men are capable of anything but lawlessness because of a Pre Recorded History Time Period Mentality that is also seen in animals at zoos.
    jim

September 28, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Tosan

Jim, allow me to speak as one of these "African men" who apparently lack the capability for "anything but lawlessness...."

I come from a family of architects, physicians, lawyers, accountants, business owner, professors and engineers., who live and thirve in Nigeria....SURPRISE, quite lawfully! Since we are considering "recorded history", let us not forget that Africa had laws and civilization beyond that of our Arabic and European "visitors", only after colonization did artificial borders draw and divide people deeply for civilizations, create poverty and desperation beyond most people's imaginable conception

It's unfortunate that now when someone commits a crime in a Country that is among the 10 most populous in the world, we automatically begin to think the majority of African men lawless. Especially when you look at medical, graduate and universities all over the world littered with African names and faces. Or would we be remiss in saying that Americans are incapable of anything except lawlessness, due to school shootings, random shootings, daily bank robberies, car jacking, home invasions, assaults and etc....

As for your ridiculous idea that Africa should be governed as a Country..... We already have unionized regions for trade and whatnot(west, east, southern and central), have you seen a new passport in the last 10 years? Now let us compare countries with recent independence.... Nigeria has been an independent nation (more or less) for 40 years. Where was the United states 40 years after Independence? Britain? Canada? .... pretty lawless as well was it not?

I'm sorry, I normally ignore such foolishness, but I had to laugh when I read your post Jim

Feel free to email me at ttonwe AT gmail dot com if you want to discuss this further. You sorely need to be educated, as you speak in generalities that belie your ignorance..

September 28, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  2. eimee

Jim,
    You display your abject ignorance and total stupidity in such a public forum. Go back to college, take a couple of classes on African studies, and learn about the 50+ countries and their various histories and current policies before making summary judgments.

September 28, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  3. Jim Brieske

Tosan. I don't speak in generalities and you don't know how to interpret English. I wrote MANY AFRICANS.
    Also the subject is Africans kidnapping for ransom! Which is cowardly pathetic disgusting behavior. Dogs behave better!
    Now I see a problem that is extensive and has spread across the entire continent of Africa only! I presented the absolute correct solution. I do not care about the past. I care that the evil behavior stops and it stops immediately!!
    Do not address me in the manner of your African country's past mattering to me because it does not! Nor does the past of any other countries in Africa matter to me.
    The only thing that matters to me is their future.
    jim

September 28, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tosan

yes yes, Jim, you wrote you felt " Many Many Africans are incapable of anything but lawlessness"... That is a generality. It assumes that you are able to measure the capability of "many many Africans". You are allowing the actions of a minority (criminals) speak for a majority of normal everyday people. Sounds like you have trouble comprehending simple English. No where did I say because I am Nigerian I am different from other Africans. I said the opposite, that there are many Africans just like me. Call me arrogant, that's fair, but you can never call me ignorant..I wish I could say the same for you.

The criminals should fry, no one is debating that.

But your type amuses me. Minimally educated, Poor reasoning skills.... I brought history to compare, that most of these countries with crime and poverty issues are going through the same things that the Countries who have been established for longer. (The US in the 17 and 1800's up through the 1920's with prohibition)

Jim I am a confident man because what I and my family have accomplished. I am a proud man because I know far more great African men and women. than criminals. I've lived in Nigeria, Britain, and the US. The only place I have ever been robbed, is here in the US.

My families money came from a number of things from Practicing medicine, Architecture and owning businesses..... Not from Oil. Its funny because the Government owns and procures the oil in Nigeria, not the people. So really what are you talking about?

Nigerian troops have been deployed in Africa for peace keeping missions within the continent, on a number of occasions, I've had a few family members who were involved. They served honorably, but judging from how you reason, you know little about honor and respect of human beings. Since everyone is the same to you anyway.

October 6, 2010 at 2:25 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jim Brieske

Also Tosan since I was busy earlier, as I read your garbage something occurred to me afterward. You are an arrogant person. Because your country has oil in a sea of poverty? You disgust me as much as those who kidnap for ransom.
    What were you and your relatives doing while citizens of other African countries were enduring genocide?! Did you buy guns with your oil revenue then go fight to stop it? No. "I'm Nigerian, we're not like other Africans we are educated." Tosan proclaims.
    Yeah with money obtained from something that belongs to God!
    You Tosan should have sacrificed at least one family member fighting to prevent the slaughter of women and children in your COUNTRY Africa.
    I should tell you something just to scare you. Because you would then wonder, why?
    You deserve it. But now isn't the time.
    jim

September 28, 2010 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Kennedy

This Jim guy is one of the most ignorant guys in history

Africa is a country? lol

Pre Recorded History Time Period Mentality? bigger lol

You need to learn about simple geography before you start to sprout nonsense. Africa is a continent with 54 countries. The USA has 300 million people. Nigeria, just one of those 54 countries, has 160 million

Africa is NOT a place full of similar people so stop wallowing in ignorance and prejudice

lastly those "African men" have as much predesposition towards lawlessness as you Jim Brieske

September 28, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jim Brieske

Kennedy. You are a fool who has the reading ability of a second grader.
    jim

September 28, 2010 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Kennedy

No YOU are the fool for writing trash of the highest order without the simplest knowledge of 2nd grade geography.

Africa is a country. Very big lol

September 28, 2010 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Penny

Everyone needs to stop talking about what race took the children and hope they are safe and pray for there safe return.

September 29, 2010 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  9. miles

africa belongs to god. we are all gods children. get a grip! we live in a violent world some places worse than others, he sees all and children have a separate place with god.

September 29, 2010 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
  10. Calvin John

Crime is universal. But some are really disgusting than others, depending on the sort of demon in the criminals. Africa comes behind in civilization, but this continent is one of the most blessed of God. Please jim, your hatred should focus on criminals, not on every African. What if God placed you in Africa and your kins-folks are Nigerians? Get it right jim. It is OK that you so much dislike what is going on in Nigeria, but not all of us. And please jim, stop sounding insultive. That does no good at all. Bye for now... calvinjohnisrael@yahoo.com

September 29, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |