October 6th, 2010

Report: At least two tornadoes hit Bellemont, Arizona

Seven people were injured by a tornado in Bellemont, Arizona on Wednesday morning.

[Updated at 1:44 p.m.] At least two tornadoes struck Wednesday near Flagstaff, Arizona, injuring seven people, derailing a train and damaging more than 100 homes, authorities said.

Several reports of two other tornadoes also came into the National Weather Center. Officials were looking at whether there was a total of four tornadoes, or just multiple reports of the same ones.

[Updated at 12:19 p.m.] The National Weather Service received an unconfirmed report of a tornado near Wing Mountain, northwest of Flagstaff, Arizona, on Wednesday morning at 5:20 am MST. If confirmed, this will be the fourth tornado to touch down in Arizona on Wednesday morning.

[Updated at 12:02pa.m.] A tornado has been reported near Flagstaff, Arizona, The National Weather Service reported.

The tornado was located at the mile marker 140 on Interstate 40, 16 miles west of Flagstaff at 8:43 am MST on Wednesday morning, the NWS reported.

This is the third tornado to touch down in Arizona on Wednesday morning. The other two tornadoes touched down in the community of Bellemont, northwest of Flagstaff, earlier this morning.

[Updated at 11:03 a.m.] Seven people were injured by a tornado that touched down in Bellemont on Wednesday morning, the National Weather Service Forecast Office in Flagstaff, Arizona, reported.

Two tornadoes have been confirmed by the National Weather Service in Bellemont. One of them touched down just a quarter of a mile west of the forecast office in Bellemont.

Warnings were issued for central Coconino and notheastern Yavapai counties.

Radar continued to show several thunderstorms in central and north-central Arizona capable of producing tornadoes with little or no advance notice, the weather service said. A tornado watch continues for central and north-central Arizona until 11 a.m. (2 p.m. ET).

iReport: Are you there? Send photos, videos

[Posted at 10:03 a.m.] A tornado touched down in the community of Bellemont, Arizona, just west-northwest of Flagstaff on Interstate 40 on Wednesday morning, The National Weather Service Forecast Office in Flagstaff reported.

A National Weather Service employee reports extensive damage to businesses, damage to roofs and fences, a derailed train and several trucks overturned.

Post by:
Filed under: Arizona • Tornadoes • Weather
  1. MLU

I'm in Sedona, and a tornado just passed right by us with another Severe Thunderstorm moving in right now.

October 6, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. free2comment

103 degree weather in Los Angeles in October and tornadoes in Arizona. What's next–surfing in Idaho?

October 6, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. AZ

people should live in AZ and see how bad it really ISN'T when talking about racism and god hating us. I'm sorry for those 7 people who were injured and all of those who had damage done to their homes and property. Good Luck to them.

October 6, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Danny Martinez

What the hell does that have to do with the tornadoes? Man, people are idiots. And the race thing? No wonder it will never go away. Especailly when at the first chance people bring it up and blame every event in the world on it.

Grow up people.

September 12, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. okay

The intelligence level is astonishing here...LMAO !

October 6, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. okay

....

October 6, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. okay

October 6, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. duke

CB!
    Do you know who,Carly Fiorina is??
    She sent 45,000jobs over seas,in a cost cutting move,
    She also received a 30million dollar severance package in addition to 20million in company stock,
    Now she's running in California for the senate!
    Would you CB vote for the CEO of AT&t who fired those 2200 people?

October 6, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. okay

?

October 6, 2010 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. okay

So from tornados to politics..WOW..unbelievable..for the record arizona is not in tornado alley and though uncommon arizona averages 4 tornados per year...please leave your political banter for a relavant story..ty

October 6, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. joe

Good one Myrosemite!! I love AZ. Lived there for 26 years. Illegal means illegal folks, it's not about race. Put your cards away.

October 6, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Cheryl

What do you do there in Arizona, if you don't mind my asking? I think you must be DOT or something like that. Am I right?
      Don't take it the wrong way, please. I have actually had mostly very positive experiences in AZ.

October 7, 2010 at 2:44 am | Report abuse |
  11. Cheryl

I want mryosemite to send me an email and say hi to cherylackley@verizon.net You sound interesting to talk to. I thought I saw a demolished camper that used to cruise I-40 and tattle on all the truck drivers. Guess they will not be using that camper anymore!!!

October 7, 2010 at 2:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Riboflavin

I was in the storm it was pretty dark, ididn't even know what was going on until long after it passed through, and when i saw the train on its side , as well as the trucks, and a few campers....

October 7, 2010 at 3:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. dr william b mount

I have been told that this was a warning from satan to me, bill mount. Well satan, I belong to the king of kings and lord of lords,,, the one who was and is and is to come. God deals with those who come against me. All praise and glory to the living god, in him do I trust.

October 11, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Dean

Hell yea BB face the facts guys Sarah Palin is awesome and Obama sucks and you suck for saying crap about John Macian he was tortued and he never broke and F u if you said crap about him he might be the reason your alive today, he had vital information about AMERCIAN plans, he cant raise his hands anymore. Not that much true patriots anymore and to be a true patriot you give your life for your country, respect those who serve and work your ass off protecting the AMERCIAN way GOD BLESS AMERICA.

April 25, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Louison

I am proud to say that on Tuesday, March 6th 2012 I will be voting for the first time in my life. And I am even more proud to say that the first vote I cast in my life will be for Ron Paul. I never had a desrie to vote before. I always thought it was just a vote between bad and worse. So I was never motivated to vote. I was apathetic. But Dr. Ron Paul worked a miracle for me! Dr. Ron Paul cured my apathy!

April 22, 2012 at 5:48 am | Report abuse | Reply