October 8th, 2010

5.9-magnitude earthquake strikes Costa Rica

A 5.9-magnitude earthquake struck 26 miles from San Jose, Costa Rica, on Friday night according to the U.S. Geological Survey. Journalist Djenane Villanueva in San Jose felt the earthquake and said it was very long but that she has not received any reports of damage or injuries as yet.

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: Earthquake
  1. phil

@La Piovra....if science can prove the bible to be erroneous, then they will have effectivlly proven there is no God. example: modern geologists have proven that the earth took billions of years to form. Many took this as proving the bible's version of God creating the earth in 7 days to be erroneous. This is because to this day, phony preachers teach that it was done in 7 literal days. But the Genesis account of creation doesn't say how long God spent creating the earth. It does mention, that after the earth was crated, he did spend 7 days preparing the earth for humans to inhabit. Seven of HIS (God's) days....not seven of ours. His days are much longer than ours, as other scriptures make clear.

October 10, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • jerry

science aint got nothing on GOD science can sit here and THINK that they have prooven that there is no GOD but threr are 100% WRONG GEN#1:1 IN THE BEGINNING GOD

October 11, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  2. phil

@Jerry...thanks brother.

October 10, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. phil

A hush befell the whordes (click)

October 10, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Rajiv Novelo

I was playing games online with my two little nieces when suddenly my brother came running saying it was shaking and grabbed both his daughters and went under the door.. I stayed on the sofa feeling it... What was frightening is that while it is shaking you never know if it will become stronger. This is the strongest one I've ever felt in my life since I am a native Belizean living here for the past year. The roof lamp was swinging like crazy!!! But everything was just weird!!
    Greeting to all from Costa Rica!

October 11, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Newest Tablet PC

Magnificent put up, very informative. I ponder why the opposite experts of this sector do not realize this. You should continue your writing. I am sure, you have a huge readers' base already!|What's Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I've discovered It positively useful and it has helped me out loads. I'm hoping to contribute & assist other customers like its aided me. Good job.

September 13, 2012 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. ofertas hoteles

I feel that is among the most important info for me. And i'm glad studying your article. However should commentary on few basic issues, The website style is ideal, the articles is in reality nice : D. Good job, cheers

September 25, 2012 at 9:04 am | Report abuse | Reply