October 9th, 2010

Amber Alert issued for North Carolina girl

An Amber Alert has been issued after a 10-year-old girl was reported missing from her Hickory, North Carolina, home.

Zahra Clare Baker was last seen sleeping in her bedroom around 2:30 a.m. Saturday, according to Clyde Deal, deputy chief of the Hickory Police Department.

Baker is described as white, measuring 5 feet 1 inch tall and weighing 85 pounds. She has a prosthetic device below the knee of one leg and is hearing-impaired.

Anyone with information can call Hickory police at 828-328-5551.

Read the full CNN.com story

Post by:
Filed under: Missing Children • North Carolina
  1. vicki

Wow. How sad. I hope they find this girl.

October 10, 2010 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  2. kim

Hey mandi ur comment was not only rude,but totally inappropriate. I feel sorry for u. U must have a miserable life.
    To the family of Zahra, I'm praying for her swift and safe return. My God hold u during this difficult time.

October 10, 2010 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Weeg

Oh wait, is this the same God that everyone is so codependent on?

1. If a child is killed "It was his will, he's in God's loving arms now...."
      2. If the child is rescued "This is a blessing from God!!"

How about for once we see:

God stops pervert from killing innocent child. Never see that do you?

October 10, 2010 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  3. vicki

Thank you, Kim. You said that much nicer than what I was thinking. I, too, am hoping for a swift and safe return.

October 10, 2010 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  4. Esther

They don't issue an Amber alert for no reason. I pray that Zarah be found quickly and be returned home safely.

October 10, 2010 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  5. Steven

It's truly remarkable how heartless people are...shame on you Mandi....
    My prayers are with Zahra and her family. May she be found safe and may her family find peace as they search for her

October 10, 2010 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  6. ang

Wow, how heartless people can be, and if that's a joke, this is not the right time.

October 10, 2010 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  7. Teth

Please God, I pray that this little girl is returned to her family, unharmed and unscathed. Please hold this family close to You and give them strength and courage through this scary ordeal. Please comfort Zahra and be with her; she must be so frightened. I can't even imagine the full extent of what this family is going through. I pray also for the person that took her; may they have remorse and a change of heart, and return this little girl to her family.
    Amen

October 10, 2010 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
  8. Kris

For whatever this Mandi said, apparently was pretty bad because it has been taken off!! Thank You to everyone who reprimanded her!! I have known Zahra's family for a long time and I am close to them. Its sad to say that the Amber Alert failed to mention that she has a Australian accent and that her eyes are not blue. Its also frustrating that when you look on different news sites the descriptions vary. One says she is 5ft 1in and 85lbs, another says 5ft and 55lbs. One says she has prosthetic leg below the knee on the left leg and another doesnt even tell which leg. Its actually a full length prosthetic leg. The times even vary of when she was reported missing. I dont know why this has happened to this little 10 year old girl but I pray that she is returned very soon and is unharmed!! I hope the Amber Alerts keep updated so vital information is included to help everyone looking for her be able to recognize her!!!! Amber Alert is a good thing but with little information or the wrong information how is it going to help in the efforts to find her?

October 10, 2010 at 3:14 am | Report abuse |
    • mom of 3

wow the father & step mother are in jail now hmm how well did you say that you knew these low lifes

October 26, 2010 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  9. Weeg

Did she died?

October 10, 2010 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  10. mom of 2

May they find her safe and unharmed.my thoughts and prayers go out to her and her family.

October 10, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  11. lynn

i think the devil is at fault here. what type of sick person this perp must be sounds like someone who already knew her.

October 10, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  12. Jim Brieske

Something doesn't add up. You can take my post off. You can say whatever you want. I don't care.
    Something doesn't add up.
    I have told one person (she knows alot of people) where bodies are, who committed one crime and told how to catch a serial killer. High profile news cases.
    jim

October 10, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  13. talking trash

Ya. Somebody round her did it. Hope she aint dead. Man man man. This world is sad. From 230 am to 2pm....what the hell were the parents thhinking.... I keep my kids in my room in their bed with a pitbull and more outside. Aint nobody gona try my kids. And 12 hours b4 calling police.....somebody got some guilty guts. Sad. Like kyron in oregon. Step mother stories....sad. But true....watch

October 10, 2010 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  14. gt

I hope you're nice to your pitbull and let it come inside.

October 11, 2010 at 3:37 am | Report abuse |
  15. Barb

Miss Mandi, You are proof positive that there still are ignorant people among us. You know nothing of which you speak so I suggest you not speak or write. An Amber alert is not issued unless certain criteria are met and obviously those were met. Shame on you and I hope and pray that you NEVER have to go through what this family is going through.

October 10, 2010 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |