October 9th, 2010

'Multiple' students hurt, sickened at party

A party attended by about 50 Central Washington University students resulted in "multiple" assaults and drug overdoses, authorities said Saturday.

Police initially were called to help one assault victim and one poisoning or overdose victim, according to a statement from the Cle Elum, Washington, police department.

Friends of those two victims directed authorities to the party, where police say they interrupted a possible sexual assault and found several other people suffering from assaults or poisonings/overdoses of an unknown substance, the statement said.

Twelve victims were taken to hospitals, and one was listed in critical but stable condition. About 35 other people were questioned, but police did not say how many were arrested.

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: Crime • U.S. • Washington state
  1. whitekong78

Nope. If you watch Malibu's Most Wanted its what the reporter calls Jamie Kennedy's wigger character in response to a chain of robberies. Its just a funny name cuz I dislike suburban wanna be thugs.

October 9, 2010 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  2. phil

Oh. Well since I've never owned a television, I'm at a loss.

October 10, 2010 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  3. phil

Whitekong78....to explain: when I was young I read this book "The Impact of Electronic Media on Social Behavior" and decided I didn't want "that" happening to me nor my future family. On TV, the news comes at you so fast there is little time to pause and reflect, to compare what was just said to what you know to be true. When reading, those opportunities abound. I would sum up this book in one phrase: "the more we stare at the TV, the less relationship there is between what whe know to be true, and where we stand concerning current events" Not having a working knowledge of tv shows does hamper my ability to communicate with others, and is probably the only "side-effect" associated with not owning TV's.

October 10, 2010 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  4. whitekong78

You're not missing much. Allow me to fill you in. Editorial and opinion has replaced facts in the news. Even when they offer opposing viewpoints they leave out any real compromise on an issue, so the viewer is left deciding which moron is lying or telling the truth. In fact they are both lying and telling the truth at the same time. I really only watch movies because at least I know it's fiction.

October 10, 2010 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  5. phil

Sounds like TV confuses people. I've experienced what you said speaking with friends and colleagues. It's as if they can only parrot what the tv news told them, and are totally incapable of forming their own opinion. Nice discussion w/you thise eve. goodnight.

October 10, 2010 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  6. ARuss

There is nothing anyone can do about the behavoirs of these college students... They're adults and gonna do what they want to do...theres no changing that.

October 10, 2010 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
  7. Education First

what happened to my comment from yesterday?

October 10, 2010 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  8. phil

@Education First....your comment? Simply post it again. While I'm here....after 9/11, Congress voted in the largest increased prison funding in US history.(saying these funds would be used to build the prisons needed to house the thousands of "terrorists" sure to be arrested) Yet, education funding was only increased by a small amount that year, and accounting for inflatiion, the new funding was in reality a reduced amount from the previous year. So has "education first" lost it's meaning....and by the use of your s/n are you trying to revive it?

October 10, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Marines123

Stupid freshman! They learned their first college lesson. Allways carry your drink with you. When cops arrive at party drop drink and go out the back door fast!

October 10, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Marines123

Forget the ruffies guys! Just flex your arms and sweet talk the ladies, don't worry youl score.

October 10, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  11. phil

@marines123....that strategy only works when "your lady" is an illegal immigrant.

October 10, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  12. phil

No comment (click)

October 10, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  13. David Howe

Being diagnosed a schizophrenic, paranoid type, there's no peckin way i'd let anyone mix my drink, much less hand me a beer thats already been opened! I havent the slightest idea why they call it ( common sense ), IT ISNT!

October 10, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jaysunstar

Hahahahaha

October 9, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Are you the Spiker???

...is that why it's soooo funny?

October 9, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |