October 11th, 2010

Explosives found in bag at Manhattan cemetery

Explosives have been discovered in a garbage bag at a cemetery in Manhattan's Lower East Side, an NYPD spokesman tells CNN.

Nine bricks of the military-grade explosive C4 were discovered around 11 a.m. in the New York City Marble Cemetery, NYPD Deputy Commissioner of Public Information Paul Browne said. The explosives were not wired to detonate.

Post by:
Filed under: New York
  1. tomcat

yeah god forbid you miss that nascar race. the cultural impact there would over flow a thimblfe

October 11, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. tomcat

nascar is fixed. hush your mouth Phil

October 11, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. tomcat

there goes her two hours of tv

October 11, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Jim Brieske

Sherri W.W. You are a naive person or you just have your head so far up, ah nevemind.
    Muslims want to build the mosque at Ground Zero. Pieces of one of the 9/11 aircrafts hit the building. That makes it part of Ground Zero.
    I got my eye on you. Be careful you write facts or I'm gonna be all over you like a wet blanket.
    The mosque doesn't matter. It will burn down time and time again before a second floor can even be completed. It takes a firetruck with firefighters to put out a fire.
    jim

October 11, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Chris

Sherri, are you kidding? The musk is where it all starts. Recruiting and indocturnation. We allow the towels to build where they like then someday there will be a cresent flag flying over the Whitehouse

October 11, 2010 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. phildo

Are we better than the jews? they have a huge muslim mosque, the dome on the rock, built right atop genuine holy ground (the ancient temple mount) if it's ok with jews, it should be OK with people who believe Israel is God's chosen nation to this very day. and nascar is in fact fixed. check that book out and see for yourself. goodnight grandpa....gewd nighght jim-bob. g'nite mary ellen...good night john boy. and good night all! especially jim and tomcat (smile)

October 12, 2010 at 1:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. tomcat

oh yeah jim this sacred ground. I wiii debate ANYONE about this mosque

October 12, 2010 at 1:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. tomcat

anytakers?

October 12, 2010 at 1:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. tomcat

I dont rember two planes hitting the mount

October 12, 2010 at 1:21 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Jim Brieske

Chris. Muslims can build a mosque there. I want them to. That way every six months or so, we can watch it burn to the ground on the news.
    I think it will be entertaining. I can hear it now.
    News Anchor: For the 20th time the Ground Zero mosque is burning to the ground. It was almost ten years ago when former one term President Barack Obama said, yeah I believe a mosque should be built there. It was all downhill for him from then on. But we do have this Ground Zero mosque burning to thank him for. It has evolved into a spontaneous celebration twice a year.
    jim

October 12, 2010 at 1:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Jim Brieske

tomcat, I am mad at you. Not talking to you till tomorrow. Paula was gorgeous when we were in high school. My older brother (Paula was his girlfriend) didn't know we went down to the river. Thank God literally. My older brother would have killed me if she drowned. Not really but I would have been totally devastated. I was so in love with her.
    goodnight phil. Checking tomorrow.

October 12, 2010 at 1:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. tomcat

FDNY is running with out lights in Brooklyn i think on pull boxes and other non emergency calls I hope lower Manhatten does it too. see how long it takes Eng. and Ladder six get there

October 12, 2010 at 1:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. tomcat

Jim there was no disrespect meant. I enjoy what you write and agree with you on many subjects. tonight sucked for me by believing betty and getting pulled into her web

October 12, 2010 at 3:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. phil

??Mosques are "terrorists" training centers????where Muslims spend years learning how to infiltrate and kill thousands of Americans??? How hard is it to poison

October 12, 2010 at 8:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. phil

...how much indoctrination and extensive training are required to learn how to simply poison the local un-guarded domestic water supply or aquaduct? Really. Someone answer pls.

October 12, 2010 at 9:03 am | Report abuse | Reply