October 13th, 2010

Fort Hood hearing: Witness says shooter looked at him

Pfc George Stratton said he was at the processing center that November day getting ready to deploy to Afghanistan. It was to be his third deployment.

"All of a sudden my ears started ringing, and I heard loud gunfire right in my ears. Round after round – pop! pop! pop! pop! pop! just like that," he testified.

Stratton says he dropped to the ground, and saw a fellow soldier lying on the ground near him, covered in blood. He stood up.

"As soon as I turned I saw Maj. Hasan behind me. He was holding an older-fashioned pistol. As soon as I looked at him, he brought his magazine up and loaded it. He looked straight down at me, we made eye contact, and he brought his weapon down toward me. I turned on him, and the weapon fired. It hit me in the left shoulder, my arm went limp," Stratton said. "I couldn't feel it at all."

Stratton says he then hit the ground, and crawled as fast as he could to the door.

Previous posts

1. okay

@1st comment posted...GUN CONTROL ? Are you fu(king nuts ? So idiots like this can go around shooting people and you can't defend yourself ! Plus this guy was in the Army..DUH ! Lets arm our soldiers with hugs , not guns ! How ignorant can you really be ?

October 14, 2010 at 12:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. okay

@1st comment posted...GUN CONTROL ? Are you fu(king nuts ? So idiots like this can go around shooting people and you can't defend yourself ! Plus this guy was in the Army..DUH ! Lets arm our soldiers with hugs , not guns ! Let's hug the enemy while they slaughter us ! How ignorant can you really be ? You dam liberals are ruining this country ! He was a muslim infiltraitor,we need to screen our troops better ! @ Dr.Gonad..forgot to take your meds again,didn't you ? Cuckoo,cuckoo ! The Nuthouse called,they want their favorite looney back. They have your nurse ! They're holding her and waiting for you to join her in medication heaven .

October 14, 2010 at 12:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. okay

October 14, 2010 at 12:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. okay

And the cuckoo goes quiet..LMAO

October 14, 2010 at 12:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Dezertgal

This shooter needs to be punished. Wow Dr. B you have issues. If you don't like it here leave. And you need to learn how to spell.

October 14, 2010 at 1:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. okay

Dr.Gonad must have finally took his meds..goodnight cuckoo ! LMAO

October 14, 2010 at 1:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Hoteli Opatija

People having Gun should have a Mind control.....

October 14, 2010 at 5:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Mehdi General Dr Bad

you keep on barking you selfish s.k.a.nk. your wars and problems are only starting.

October 14, 2010 at 10:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Ann

Dr b needs to grow up and learn to spell

October 15, 2010 at 12:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. John Aldrich

I dicuss this incident a little bit more in detail on my personal blog. check it out here, http://www.thesoldierdiaries.com

If you like what you read, feel free to subscribe, I usually post daily about a variety of differnet military topics.

October 15, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply