October 17th, 2010

Israel resumes negotiations for soldier's release

Israel is back in contact with a mediator who is trying to broker a deal for the release of captured soldier Gilad Shalit, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday.

"There was a renewal of contact with the German mediator," Netanyahu said in a radio interview Sunday.

"We are acting on the issue of Gilad on an almost daily basis - not almost - we are acting all the time in different and varied ways to try and bring him back," he said.

"One of these ways, a central way, is these negotiations that were renewed a few weeks ago." Netanyahu said.

Hamas spokesman Ayman Taha told CNN that the German mediator visited Gaza a few weeks ago, but no progress was made, he said.

Shalit, now 24, has been held since June 25, 2006, when Palestinian militants from Gaza captured him.

Read the complete story on CNN.com

Post by:
Filed under: Hostages • Israel
  1. stick dog

Hey General where you from?

October 17, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mehdi General Dr Bad

" From " Many places. I was Born in Farmington New Mexico 2/24/1957

October 17, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mehdi General Dr Bad

My Name Is D.R. Shaw. MY Last Home Town was Butte Fllas Ore. I Was _ am a Regestered Indepndent.

October 17, 2010 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mehdi General Dr Bad

MY American – Brit Ex wives Names, Who YOU Owe Money are Barabara Jenette Jacobson Smith Shaw and Anna Katheren Elziebth Dudash Shaw – what ever,,.
    YOU go tell those pigs clintons they are done as well is bush.
    you delte all thse fuking message you like.
    im now sicking my ex wives, my daugheters, and thier lawyers on YOU.
    bush – cltinon are done.

October 17, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mehdi General Dr Bad

now u set there and stay stupidd and die.

October 17, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mehdi General Dr Bad

. if needed ? I will walk donw the middle of main street screaming at the top og my lungs where is m My army nurse,
    now maybe YOU dolnt care,
    but these peopel here?
    they do not like it when i scream.
    you find my fukin nurse now or i wil do me best to kill every fuking one of you.

October 17, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mehdi General Dr Bad

you shove your polticis, your worthl;ess money, your owrthless gold and diamonds and oil all in YOUR greedy asses.

October 17, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mehdi General Dr Bad

lets see how fuking funny you thinkli am now.

October 17, 2010 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. stick dog

Hey General what flipped you like this? Ever been in the military? What happened in there if you did? Did they get hold of that booty? Something very traumatic happened in your life – keep on like you going and the Secret Service will be knocking on your door.

October 18, 2010 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  10. Joe

Take it easy General. You still looking for that nurse?. I know few good ones myself, but they weren't in the army. I did ask around. Why don't you try a VA hospital, you might find your nurse there, if not I bet the VA will do everything possible to find you that nurse. If you keep it up, you might end up in a mental hospital where you will found only male nurses, that will be bad news for you. Take care General.

October 18, 2010 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |
  11. Mehdi General Dr Bad

stay stupid you idiot pig fukers. and Die.

October 18, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |