October 20th, 2010

2 remaining miners in Ecuador found dead

The two remaining miners trapped underground in Ecuador since part of a
mine collapsed last week have been found dead, the president of the mine said
Wednesday.

Angel Vera and Pedro Mendos  had been trapped since last Friday, mine president Juan Cando Pacheco said.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Ecuador • Mine accidents
  1. Michelle

I didn't see anything bout a bird. Was the bird gonna fly over Hillary and poop?

October 21, 2010 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
  2. tomcat

oh the good dr is digging his hole deeper by the day. lets just say a few calls may have been made to a few folks that like to look into shall i say threats against the military and elected officials anger them hypothetically of course

October 21, 2010 at 4:28 am | Report abuse |
  3. tomcat

no a parrot just flew in probably more like a parakeet

October 21, 2010 at 4:34 am | Report abuse |
  4. tomcat

it is well known that birds can mimic

October 21, 2010 at 4:38 am | Report abuse |
  5. Michelle

Hmmm, well if Butte Falls goes ablaze they'll know who to look for? His posts are somewhat 1 dimensional and yet multi faceted all at the same time. Dang it is 2am I have got to go to sleep or my Thursday will be ruined. Talk to you soon!

October 21, 2010 at 4:40 am | Report abuse |
  6. tomcat

oh come on david and parrot cats love birds

October 21, 2010 at 4:42 am | Report abuse |
  7. tomcat

me too bye dr bad

October 21, 2010 at 4:45 am | Report abuse |
  8. dev

How unfortunate. Mining safety does not seem to have improved much over the years. I woke up to pee, Who are all these early AM bloggers, West Coasters?

October 21, 2010 at 4:53 am | Report abuse |
  9. tomcat

we need a cleanup on aisle six connies panties are in a wad. i never got to meet my grandfather he died from black lung too many years in pa coal mines. but an irish immagrant has to feed his kids too. look on the bright side no canaries have to die anymore and black jacks are now gone

October 21, 2010 at 5:44 am | Report abuse |
  10. JustMe

No Dev, they are people who have no morals at all, people who think it's a joke when others are hurting, people who haven't been properly raised and people whose lives are so bad that they want others to hurt as they do.

From the look of the time stamps,two morons have been using this site as a chat room all night, I guess we know that they don't work for a living and I'm assuming that they live in mommy's basement and collect welfare.

Way to go michele and tomcat, you made yourselves look like complete idiots all by yourselves.

October 21, 2010 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
  11. angela

What the hell is wrong with you people. Talking about israel and palestine and midol. Why do u idiots post on these boards. You need attention or something. Grow
    The hell up and comment on the subject not your selfish selves. I pray for the miners and all their families.

October 21, 2010 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  12. Rick Springfield

For many years it amazed me that mining was listed as one of the highest paying jobs in Oklahoma. Of course it was also one of the deadliest. Then I thought how can this be? Our coal mines dried out in the 40's and now all that Wyoming surface coal speeds by through former mining towns of McAlester while on the way to Texas coal fired plants. So I did some checking and those guys who work for Dolese quarries are considered miners. Even the drivers (who speed down the highways at 90mph) are considered mine employees. So that's what keeps them listed in Oklahoma.

October 21, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  13. johnnyhouse

Think about the families.

October 21, 2010 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  14. KelleyM

While it is very sad to lose people in this day and age to something like this, I can't help but agree with D_the_Tornado. What I don't understand are the people who seem to get so upset over other peoples comments. This IS an international public forum, of course people are going to disagree or say ignorant and obnoxious things! Take a look around, its everywhere! People are diverse, why do people get so upset over some blogs? Relax and count your many blessings!

October 21, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  15. tomcat

@curtis evidently you got the point. did my lack of proper punctuation or caps really bother you that much?

October 21, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |