[Updated at 11:18 a.m.] The prosecution has completed presenting its case against alleged Fort Hood shooter and Army psychiatrist Maj. Nidal Hasan.
The investigating officer has recessed the proceedings until November 15th, at which time the defense will have an opportunity to present its case.
[Updated at 10:18 a.m.] The prosecution said it plans to wrap up its case against alleged Fort Hood shooter Nidal Hasan on Thursday, and Hasan's legal team will present its defense in more than two weeks.
The prosecution has called more than 50 witnesses who have delivered chilling testimony about the shooting rampage that left 13 dead at a Texas military base. Hasan is the subject of an Article 32 hearing, which will determine if there is ample evidence to proceed with a court martial.
The former Army psychiatrist is charged with killing 13 people and wounding dozens more in a November rampage.
Witnesses have described floors covered in blood and the "clack, clack" of Hasan's boots as he walked with spent shell casings trapped in their treads. Army Criminal Investigation Division Special Agent Kelly Jameson said 146 shell casings had been collected, and other sources said 68 were collected outside, for a total of 214.
Army investigators said Wednesday that Hasan had 177 rounds left when he was finally shot down by police.
Nine people died after being shot in the Army medical processing center, and four more died after they were rushed to the base hospital.
The defense has been told it can begin presenting its case November 8.
A pause in the proceedings had been planned to allow Fort Hood to mark one year since the shooting and to honor the victims as well as soldiers and civilians who exhibited special heroism.