October 23rd, 2010

Man agrees to plea deal in Cracker Barrel altercation

A restaurant vestibule normally is a place for patrons to exchange greetings and hold the door for each other.

What occurred at an Atlanta restaurant last year turned into much more than that, with allegations of punches, kicks, racial invective and spitting.

Testimony providing two different views of the confrontation ended Friday in Clayton County Superior Court, with a man accused of punching and kicking a female patron at a Cracker Barrel restaurant agreeing to a plea deal and six months in jail.

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: Courts • Crime • Georgia • Justice
  1. RaleighMatrix

Why is it that black childs think that White folk need them around? Like a special attraction. whooping and hollering. huffing and puff. Thinking they got some intelligence that a White person needs to hear. And never to forgot the state of the afro boys sad song. We don't need a token black person around. The reason there's only one around because we shook the rest. Hint! Why do black childs go out of the way to shop in fancy White people stores? Because they want a touch of what they could never obtain- Superior Coolness and Cleanliness. Then we have to move somewhere else. Hey, i lov ya. But at a distance, get it.

October 24, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. RaleighMatrix

I jvst noticed the label of- Abuser. I, personally, don't know what the cirriculum is that is involved with abusing women. I alot of ways women bear a heavy burden from all the abuse they have suffered. A man is supposed to have the lead in bringing survival materials into the relationship. I imagine abuser don't provide into it and in fact would drain the resourses. With control issues, derogatory and inflamatory railings, yes, i imagine things like that would be abuse. Abusive. An abuser. Yea, i do not know a thing about behaving as an abuser. I wish my wife was rich, so i could abuse a fraction of that bank account. hahaha thats a joke. I know the concept of the woman in the relationship, abusing the man. The day you fathom that reality, maybe, you will have gain a new grain of knowledge, moving you closer to understanding greater things. I man can jump into a relationship, thinking it going to be great, only to have bowling balls bouncing off the walls.

October 24, 2010 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • KeepinItReal

RaleighMatrix,

I think I speak for the majority when I say please refrain from all further comments. However, we do applaud your success at making your ignorance known on this post. Your comments shows that you lack the ability to offer any meaningful information. You refer to yourself using the word "SUPERIOR" but you have only proven that you are not only inferior (intellectually as well) but at the absolute bottom of the totem pole. I would suggest you go back to the drawing board and maybe try again.

October 30, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jusme

I hate when you drink too much and you don't have a good buzz but you know you're gonna feel like sh.. in the morning. I bet that's how he was feeling.

October 25, 2010 at 3:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. reality bites

To releighmatrix – dude, wow that's a lot of pinned up angry. It's Ok let it out. Let it out

October 25, 2010 at 6:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Gilbert

@Casey, Thank you, It's fun to criticize; just love that false feeling of superiority. Have a great week, Casey and CNN.

October 25, 2010 at 7:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Suz

Holy crap, raleighmatrix – how much free time do you have???

October 28, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. KeepinItReal

Half of your post are self-centered biased opinions that lack any intellectual or factual reasoning. First of all the young lady that you are degrading is a military soldier who has served and defended you and your country for quite some time now (thus her mentality of automatic defense response). In addition, this man brutally assaulted a mother in front of her child. There is no law that excuses such behavior. His only defense was that she spit on him. If I do recall and go back to the years of segregation and blatant racism by whites – blacks were spit on all the time (in the face to be exact). So I guess us black folks would have been justified if we would have publically assaulted those whites who spit in our face. This man should be doing more than six months. This minor punishment for this man's unexcusable actions is only approval by the state of Georgia that it is OK. for him to continue such behavior. I'd be willing to bet that this won't be the last time you here of him in the news, because of Georgia's leanancy he'll repeat this behavior and assault someone else. But what do you expect from a state that enforces RACISM AND THE GOOD OLE BOY SYSTEM.

October 30, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply