October 28th, 2010

On the Radar: Anti-gay official, Obama on 'Daily Show'

School official mocks gays –A school board official in Arkansas is facing fierce criticism for allegedly writing hateful comments about gay people on his Facebook page, including that he wanted gay people to commit suicide, the Advocate reports.

According to the national newspaper, Midland School District Vice President Clint McCance wrote "queer" and "fag" repeatedly, promised to disown his own children if they were gay, and stated that he enjoys "the fact that [gay people] often give each other AIDS and die."

State officials have strongly condemned the comments, saying that the school district tries to foster an environment of tolerance and safety from bullies. Because McCance is elected he cannot be fired.

He's up for re-election Nov. 2 and is running unopposed, according to The Advocate.

Obama on The Daily Show - President Obama had a serious conversation with The Daily Show's Jon Stewart less than a week before Tuesday's midterm elections. Stewart called the president's legislative progress "timid," a contrast to Obama's more aggressive style of campaigning. In a gentle way, Stewart challenged Obama about whether the president has lived up to the big promises he made in 2008. Many who missed the show last night are watching this morning.

Halloween lanterns recalled -- The Consumer Product Safety Commission and Dollar Tree Stores are recalling 682,000 battery-operated lantern skulls, ghosts and pumpkins that can overheat. The bulb in the lanterns poses fire and burn hazards to consumers, according to the agency.

Post by:
Filed under: Arkansas • Facebook • Halloween • Jon Stewart • Politics
  1. justme!

AGAIN!!!!! LOVES THE PERSON NOT THE BEHAVIOR!

October 28, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  2. justme!

ALL commandmemts have to be obeyed. We cant pick and choose and hypocrasy wont work either. As far as hitler and stalin-thex will be there ONLY if they repented and unfortunately I dont thinj they did. He died for those that will receive the sacrifice. Be blessed!

October 28, 2010 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  3. PetePeterPete...I forgot!

justme:

A peak into my history and soul. Long ago in a place far away I was personally involved in a massive, combined effort to destroy literally thousands of people (while in the service). In talking to many ministers of many Christian faiths I was told by each that there was no need for forgiveness since it was a declared war. They told soldiers on the other side the same thing! My own conscience will not buy this! Wars are declared by people, humans. I was young, dumb and full of testosterone. I wanted to do this! Yes. Hypocracy. If you are old enough, maybe you remember Joan Baez's husband and why he went to jail. If you don't, look it up. He really practiced the Christian thing. No one else.

I am deist. Your judgement of me and the judgement of me by anyone else has no effect on me, only on you, the judges.

October 28, 2010 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse |
  4. justme!

I havent judged you or anyone else! those ministers were wrong-period. ALL killing is wrong! I dont judge anyone, but wrong behavior is wrong and that is all there is to it. I pray for everyone and have compassion and empathy for all. im not a hater!

October 28, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  5. PetePeterPete...I forgot!

Well....I am proud of you!

October 28, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  6. justme!

name calling is always good. how old are you?

October 29, 2010 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
    • PetePeterPete...I forgot!

Hey....wake up!

October 30, 2010 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  7. Pat Grandfield

Listen up! The republican senate and the tea bags R a bunch of racist. They can't getover the fact they our president is black and that he beat McCain. Everybody please vote now! If Republicans win get out of town.
    God Bless America.

October 29, 2010 at 1:22 am | Report abuse |
  8. Pat Grandfield

BbbAlso please don't be mean to each other.
    Stick together and help us make this better place to live. Count your blessings that we live in a free country. And help those less fortunate

October 29, 2010 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  9. Jessica Pace

To think I used to go to Midland DX What kind of Idiotic, uneducated, predjudiced, undeserving of status, kind of jerk says something like that. He is supposed to be a role model for people and he makes those kind of remarks?!! I'm barely 18 years old and I am more intelligent than someone like him. And "I'd disown my own children if they were gay" what kind of decent parents says something digortory like that? A TRUE parent's love is unconditional, supportive, and understanding. I feel sorry for any children that kind of person may have. In my opinion he is undeserving of his official postion and should be removed.

October 29, 2010 at 3:56 am | Report abuse |
    • PetePeterPete...I forgot!

Jessica Pace:

Yes. By all means. You are right!

October 29, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jim Brieske

PetePeterPete. God doesn't kill country leaders. It's one the rules.
    If he did; then, he myswell just run the place himself.
    If you were advanced enough and about to colonize a planet what you do first? You would establish rules that can not be broken.
    jim

October 29, 2010 at 5:34 am | Report abuse |
  11. PetePeterPete...I forgot!

Good Morning. It's 60F at 6:58 am.

JustMe!....63.

Jim...Interesting and I will address your comment. But later today. I have scheduled appointments this a.m. that I can't break. It's one of the rules.

Talk later.

October 29, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
    • PetePeterPete...I forgot!

It's 88F, 16% humidity at 1:30 p.m. Nice day.

Jim:...Who made that rule? Much more moral and less barbaric to kill one person (leader), than thousands. Very weird god! Of course on the practical side, killing more people helps a little in keeping our ever expanding population in check. That's easy to say if you are not one of the unfortunates who is destroyed.

When you say "rules that cannot be broken" does that mean "rules that should not be broken?"

I don't like to interpret what you say, but from what you have written, this is what I assume you meant: That the god you speak of leaves decisions of murder etc. to his "chosen" leaders. If this assumption is correct, then the actions of all the leaders (I'm including atrocities) are quite allright with your god.

Forget any suffering by the masses. Who would worship such a god that can't do his own killing, or better yet prevent the existence of the people who are undesireable to him (his created mistakes)? Please tell me from where does such dribble come. I'm open minded and I promise, I'll be gentle! Heard that one before?

October 29, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  12. PetePeterPete...I forgot!

CW:

I just read your comment. I'm really surprised by your thoughtful comment to me. But...tell me where I said that I believe in no God. More than once I said I was deist.

And your interesting mention of "hell". Ever research where and how the bible talks about "hell"? I just did. Problem is the various versions of the bible have differing versions, descriptions and locations of "hell". Which version do you recommend? I'm gonna guess the one written by a bunch of Englishmen trying to please the requirements of their king. I read that on page one of the King James version. They wrote and re-wrote until he was happy. You believe in that?
    As devinly inspired? By the way, the original location of hell (according to original, Hebrew bible) was a burning dump site just outside of Jerusalem. But that didn't sit too well with the more modern authors of the bible. You believe that stuff? So who has the whackiest beliefs. Modern day Christians, Mormons or Muslims. I can't decide.

Again,....I'm deist. Look it up if you are unfamiliar. God luv ya!

October 29, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • cw

@ Petepeterpete

All I can say is that you may be diest....but you have a choice....believe that Jesus came to earth died for yours mine and everyone's sins. That is the test....do you believe...enough to accept him as your savior? If you do....do you trust him and of course his WORD. Yes I know there have been translations of the hebrew text....I can't explain everything...that is why you and I must have FAITH!!!!...THAT GOD USED MEN...to write the text and translate it to what he expected. Above all FAITH is what Jesus said we have to have when John....one of the original twelve apostles wrote John 3:16. Like I said...I will pray for you....I know once you think about it....you'll want to get to know God and have a personal relationship with him.

November 1, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |