October 31st, 2010

Kentucky teen crowned Miss World

Alexandria Mills waves after her win.

An American teenager is now Miss World 2010. Alexandria Mills, 18, is from Louisville, Kentucky. She won the international pageant Saturday in Sanya, China.

"It's a cliche but this really is a dream come true," she said, crying. "I can't believe it's happening ot me. My time has come. I'm loving it!"

Mills beat out 115 other young women in the 60th annual competition. As the final duty in her reign, Miss World 2009 Kaiane Aldorino of Gibraltar removed the multi-colored crown from her head and gently placed it on Mills. The first runner-up was from Botswana, the second runner-up was from Venezuela.

Post by:
Filed under: Kentucky
  1. rocaho

Poor grammaaaaaa have raight tewwwwww <(speaks in chinese accent) XD

October 31, 2010 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  2. matt

i just realized...there ain't a mister universe or world or teen world for dudes is there? Not counting the stupid steroid bodybuilding contests of course.

October 31, 2010 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Becky

A matter of Fact. You are all right. It is called a "Beauty Pageant". But does it ever define what kind of beauty??? I have never heard a beauty pageant called "Beauty Pageant: Only for the Prettiest Girls"etc... all I'm saying is that it is a lot more. It is a big thing to enter a Jr miss pageant where I live. But all the girls I know who have won, are girls that are getting full ride scholarships for their academics, talents, athletism, etc. So why does it matter if she is plainer than the rest? Look at it this way... a REAL American girl won!

October 31, 2010 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • RuFkngKdngMe

A 'real American girl'? As opposed to a fake one? And what, pray tell, makes a real American girl and what exactly makes a fake one?

October 31, 2010 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • ih8u

A "real" American girl? If that were true she would be 60 lbs overweight as smart as a hamster and more annoying than a yelping dog

November 1, 2010 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  4. Fuyuko

I'm suprised she won. . It is interesting how beauty is viewed. To me she's average and sort of narrow in the eyes.

October 31, 2010 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  5. kelechi kanu

she's favoured and that is why she won. At this moment.... to her.. LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL.

October 31, 2010 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Larry

she is beautiful,end of story, god bless America, from a Canadian!

October 31, 2010 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Chris

Wow, disappointing. Should have gone to the Russians or someone else..

October 31, 2010 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  8. MAMN

This arguement is more than dumb. What's done is done. If you all are that mad/irritated about it talk to the people that made her miss world. aka the judges. I bet you will find why this girl got the part. P.S. who honestly cares if she is pretty or not? Is it effecting all of you that bad? Whether or not, shes pretty? thats weird...

November 1, 2010 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  9. NotPlayingUrGame

November 1, 2010 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
  10. NotPlayingUrGame

Sorry, but this girl is pretty hot. You can check her other pictures on Google. She is skinny, but has curves and can fill out a bathing suit nicely. Half of you creatures hating on her either wish you looked like her or wish you could land someone like her. Most the girls in this pageant have degrees. I would guess by some of your illegible typing that college degrees are not bountiful amongst you evil amoebas. 🙂

November 1, 2010 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  11. Germaine

Comgrats Alex! You make us all very very proud Americans !!!!

November 1, 2010 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  12. kaka

yeah give it some day she s gonna strip naked

November 1, 2010 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  13. NoSuchThingAsAnOpinion

Are you at all curious about the political and social views of someone who placed 74th in the world on intelligence measure? NoSuchThingAsAnOpinion nosuchthingasanopinion.weebly.com/no-such-thing-as-an-opinion.html

November 1, 2010 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  14. blobert

"Kentucky? Well isn't that a kick in the head."
    -Rand Paul

November 1, 2010 at 12:44 am | Report abuse |
  15. CourtneyLove

I'm Miss World/watch me break and watch me burn/no one cares, my friend.

November 1, 2010 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |