October 31st, 2010

Kentucky teen crowned Miss World

Alexandria Mills waves after her win.

An American teenager is now Miss World 2010. Alexandria Mills, 18, is from Louisville, Kentucky. She won the international pageant Saturday in Sanya, China.

"It's a cliche but this really is a dream come true," she said, crying. "I can't believe it's happening ot me. My time has come. I'm loving it!"

Mills beat out 115 other young women in the 60th annual competition. As the final duty in her reign, Miss World 2009 Kaiane Aldorino of Gibraltar removed the multi-colored crown from her head and gently placed it on Mills. The first runner-up was from Botswana, the second runner-up was from Venezuela.

Post by:
Filed under: Kentucky
  1. MOBADTHANGOOD

Shes very pretty but that Miss Venezula was hot. Hope to see her in some movies or something.

October 31, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  2. Jeff

She said, "My time has come." She must've been one of those girls who have been in pageants since about the age of 5 ....

October 31, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  3. WhiteKong78

All these guys critiquing her must be pulling in 18 year old beauty queens left and right. *sarcasm*

October 31, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  4. Maria

Does this Miss World have breast-implants?

October 31, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  5. Rich

You go Girl!

October 31, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  6. Rich

I am from KY too.

proud of you, stand tall.

oh my what a hottie X 10

October 31, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  7. Jude

when do we crown mr. world. AND an 18 year old male with a crown is only fair.

October 31, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  8. Buck

Joe is gay!

October 31, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Dover

And you are his ex.

October 31, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mr. Perfect

There were some awesome-lookin' broads in this thing, many of 'em better looking than this Mills chick. But she is a decent slab of pie, so I'll give my endorsement.

Maybe her and that other nut job beauty contest winner from Kentucky can get together and mud wrestle for top honors in the state.

October 31, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  10. Not Sold

I bet TMZ network are busy searching Facebook etc. to see what kind of dirt they may find on this young lady. The Donald may not be pleased this one slipped through without him getting his 'hands' on it.

October 31, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  11. MIkey

"i'm loving it" ...yeah that phrase is copyrighted 😛 Maybe its a plug....

October 31, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  12. tiffany

congrates and i think you are very lucky to have one enjoy it while it lasts

October 31, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  13. Freon

JeffB

Sorry but I don't buy that this contest "brings the world together" nor that it is harmless. It's REALLY sad that in 2010 we are still having contests based on how "pretty" someone is. And don't try to tell me that beauty isn't the main criteria because IT IS (you see any unattractive, overweight or even average weight women in the contest?). Its just part of the brainwashing of little girls as they grow up that beauty is more important than anything else. Why aren't there well know beauty contests for men? Because beauty isn't considered "important" for men while it is considered almost everything for a woman. It just shows that we still haven't evolved as a culture very far from when we were still living in caves. People don't question anything but just follow the herd.

Okay now go ahead and respond to my comment about how I'm taking this too seriously or with some ad hominem attacks. Don't actually try and address any of my arguments...

JeffB, couldn't have said it better myself. Pagents mean nothing unless anyone can be in them. I want to see a real representation of women up there. What message does this send when only the "beautiful: can be apart of it?

October 31, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  14. WhiteKong78

Anyone ever hear of Mr.Universe? Women and men are both preoccupied with outer appearance. Ever see a fat poor guy dating a Victoria's Secret model?

October 31, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • JeffB

Mr. Universe is not the same thing and you know it. That is about building the largest muscles. It is about merit (working to build strength and bulk) not "beauty". You think Arnold Schertzenegger during his prime would win a male BEAUTY contest??

October 31, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • not the same thing

only not the same thing because you are trying very hard to limit the scope of your comparison

(trying hard not to ad hom. attack- as it really bothers you)

October 31, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |