October 31st, 2010

Kentucky teen crowned Miss World

Alexandria Mills waves after her win.

An American teenager is now Miss World 2010. Alexandria Mills, 18, is from Louisville, Kentucky. She won the international pageant Saturday in Sanya, China.

"It's a cliche but this really is a dream come true," she said, crying. "I can't believe it's happening ot me. My time has come. I'm loving it!"

Mills beat out 115 other young women in the 60th annual competition. As the final duty in her reign, Miss World 2009 Kaiane Aldorino of Gibraltar removed the multi-colored crown from her head and gently placed it on Mills. The first runner-up was from Botswana, the second runner-up was from Venezuela.

Post by:
Filed under: Kentucky
  1. momo

She will not represent the US very well at the Miss Worlds. She didn't fall wnen she walked across the stage, she didn't lace her speech with "THE Irag and therefore whatsoever", she came across too intelligent and coordinated to truly represent America...get me the clumsy, dumb ones fall onstage...that is the American girl that I have come to love in these pageants.

October 31, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  2. Ed

Spell check!

October 31, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
    • BOBBI KINNEY

YEP! YOUR HARD WORKING MEDIA AT THEIR FINEST!!

October 31, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jangocat

Why is this a headline link on the front page under latest news? This is not news, it's not even entertainment news. The vast majority of people couldn't care less about these stupid beauty pageants...

October 31, 2010 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
    • @Why

We read enough to post a reply – thereby boosting the click through rate. We can't undo genetic selectivity and not look at the hot chick. We can undo our willingness to pay their advertisers and if I had an account with ING direct (the ad showing below at this moment), I'd cancel it now.

October 31, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  4. mean girl

I was backstage and let me tell you, that girl has bad smelly gas. She cleared the makeup area a few times.

October 31, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Chopswell

I would eat a mile of her chit–just to see where it came from!

October 31, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Bingo

Hopefully the former Miss World didn't have lice

October 31, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chopswell

Just cholera...

October 31, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. WhiteKong78

Jeff you're splitting hairs. Mr. Universe is a bunch of dumb meat head guys posing for mere physical recognition. I'm sure many of these girls diet and work out to keep in shape. Female beauty and male beauty are 2 different looks traditionally. If guys liked big muscular women then we'd see that trend in pop culture. Women for the most part do like guys with muscles because it represents strength. I don't know why this bothers you so much. Women are just as petty as men are about physical beauty. As someone who's been both overweight and in shape I can tell you that girls ignore nice chubby guys and go for the good looking jerk hands down. It doesn't bother me just as long as women don't question why guys want trophies or are only interested in looks. I've accepted it as nature.

October 31, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  7. NoSuchThingAsAnOpinion

Kentucky, some of my favorite women 🙂 Have you ever wondered what someone who ranked 74th in the world in intelligence thinks about political and social issues? NoSuchThingAsAnOpinion. nosuchthingasanopinion.weebly.com/no-such-thing-as-an-opinion.html

October 31, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  8. WhiteKong78

@ Jeff: Have you ever seen a poor overweight guy with a really smoking hot intelligent gf? It goes both ways. Look at shows like the bachelor. Girls are so desperate for a good looking guy with money they are willing to "share" and degrade themselves in order to land him. Honestly I don't care how hot a girl is I'm not kissing her after some guy has his mouth all over her. Is it right for people to be this way? No, but unless we get rid of money and status that's how things are.

October 31, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Canpotex

She looks moist.

October 31, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  10. jr84742

ANOTHER PREY FOR THE WOLVES:(

October 31, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Marilu

Mano, your words are excellent.

October 31, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Tony

Those of you who think Alexandira is "sorta ugly" need to take a look at this: http://bit.ly/bzD2Z5. Also, "stinky?" I'll take my fresh, Kentucky air over your polluted city skies any day.

October 31, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. surprised....

I don't get it... I mean she is really ugly.. Both of the runner ups are just beautiful

October 31, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Sara

Is Miss Universe judged by how many men she arouses?

October 31, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  15. reza koleini

I would love to sleep with her.

October 31, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |