October 31st, 2010

Kentucky teen crowned Miss World

Alexandria Mills waves after her win.

An American teenager is now Miss World 2010. Alexandria Mills, 18, is from Louisville, Kentucky. She won the international pageant Saturday in Sanya, China.

"It's a cliche but this really is a dream come true," she said, crying. "I can't believe it's happening ot me. My time has come. I'm loving it!"

Mills beat out 115 other young women in the 60th annual competition. As the final duty in her reign, Miss World 2009 Kaiane Aldorino of Gibraltar removed the multi-colored crown from her head and gently placed it on Mills. The first runner-up was from Botswana, the second runner-up was from Venezuela.

Post by:
Filed under: Kentucky
  1. John

Miss World! I don't think so. I see prettier girls than her in my small Texas Town.

October 31, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Celestine Horsey

I'm Miss World – Somebody kill me. Kill me pills. No one cares my friends.

October 31, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Senior2011

Congrats I live In Frankfort bout an hour from Louisville. Me and all of my family were watching the pageant last night. You could hear the shouts on the street last night after she was crowned.

October 31, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lilarose in Oregon

Kentucky, shame on you! Kentucky is my ancestral home, and you do Kentucky wrong.

October 31, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. J

What is the difference between Miss Universe and Miss World?

October 31, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Russ F

The Universe is a lot bigger than the world. It's like saying what's the difference between Miss Iowa and Miss America. Duh.

October 31, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Christina

There is only one reason why I would disagree with this contest. It's because being beautiful is something girls feel they must do, they see pictures of models in magazines (Like seventeen and Teen Vogue), on TV, in the news, they see products that are supposed to make people look prettier and well, many girls go for that. They want to look like there favorite actress, they want to look beautiful because media teaches them that beauty is the only way to get a guy, to get anywhere in life. The point I am trying to make is that, beauty isn't everything and that in this society we have now, it seems like beauty is, there is a whole lot more to a person than there looks, people need to look at each other differently, they need to start looking at the internal beauty, not external.

October 31, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Stoprunning

I'm patiently waiting for the nude photos.

October 31, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  7. lou

TEENAGE ABUSE AND MOLESTATION ON WORLD STAGE....WOW.WOW..

October 31, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Robert

She is cute I like her!! Compare to other types which too much of make-up models she has true feminan features!!

October 31, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  9. lou

According to these contests , If Einstein was a female who would be worthless piece of S??T

October 31, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. lou

According to these contests , If Einstein was a female HEwould be worthless piece of S??T

October 31, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  11. BajaDelMar

She looks kind of ordinary to me. IMO contests of physical attractiveness are a step back in progress. What do beauty queens contribute to the world? Nada.

October 31, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Candy

Kentucky, and Louisville in particular, is the home of fast horses and beautiful, beautiful, women! Way to go Alexandria. You definitely are the Belle of Louisville!

October 31, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOBBI KINNEY

That's exactly what my grandfathers always told me!! :)

October 31, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Terry W. Brookman

I guess the Play Boy spread will be coming soon

October 31, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ordinary

Although I don't understand, agree with, or see the point in "beauty" pageants in 2010, I do find her refreshing- just judging from the picture above. she doesn't look exotic, over-made up or what I expected to see when i clicked on the article. she looks like the average girl next door, which is nice! nice to see something a little different.....

October 31, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jeff

Wow...and I didn't think anyone in Kentucky had all their teeth!!

October 31, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |