October 31st, 2010

Kentucky teen crowned Miss World

Alexandria Mills waves after her win.

An American teenager is now Miss World 2010. Alexandria Mills, 18, is from Louisville, Kentucky. She won the international pageant Saturday in Sanya, China.

"It's a cliche but this really is a dream come true," she said, crying. "I can't believe it's happening ot me. My time has come. I'm loving it!"

Mills beat out 115 other young women in the 60th annual competition. As the final duty in her reign, Miss World 2009 Kaiane Aldorino of Gibraltar removed the multi-colored crown from her head and gently placed it on Mills. The first runner-up was from Botswana, the second runner-up was from Venezuela.

Post by:
Filed under: Kentucky
  1. missdirekt

I am the pope...er...Dracula...obey my commands....yyyyyyooooouuuuuu mmmmuuuussssssttttt ooooobbbbbeeeeyyyyyyyy... Bring the child girl to me...yes bring her to meeeeeeeeee...I will taste her blooooooood.....

October 31, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • MrMan

We read your post the first time you wrote it. 18 is of legal age, so I'm unsure why your calling the people that voted her the winner "pedo's". She's probably very intelligent, very sincere and pretty. How is this offensive to you?

October 31, 2010 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrMan

Oops, wrong missdirekt post... but you get the picture.

October 31, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  2. sssimon

2 bad ur dad didn't raise you u to be able to rite and spell and use upper case lettering.

October 31, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. missdirekt

How is an 18 year old girl the most beautiful woman in the world? That's pretty all right...pretty sick people.

October 31, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • miserkeds

and you know what? you're the sickiest sickos of 'em all and......you must be jealous! LOL!!!!!!

November 1, 2010 at 4:37 am | Report abuse |
    • missdirekt

Are you twelve years old?

November 1, 2010 at 5:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Fatale

Well, to me she looks like she's in her early twenties. Miss Norway looks like she's in her high thirties to me. People have different perceptions you know. You have to factor in society, and cultural views and exposure.

November 3, 2010 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  4. LarryLegend33

sssimon,

Before you try and correct other people's spelling and punctuation, you may want to spell the word rite (sic) correctly. It begins with a W there chief. You may also not want to WRITE your reply as if you are texting. That's just some food for thought.

October 31, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Sarielle

Only three paragraphs and there's a typo. =/

October 31, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • gabrielle

it was just only one line that's composed of three phrases. And it doesn't qualify even a complete sentence.

November 1, 2010 at 4:41 am | Report abuse |
  6. brandy

And y'all thought ky can't do anything right..lol..u go girl!!! USA and KY all the way

October 31, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. sssimon

LarryLegend33 – I deliberately wrote my post in the style of someone texting because that is the way the original post was written. The spelling mistake was deliberate.

If you weren't a moron you would have got that.

October 31, 2010 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Jerry

Hard hitting news. Way to go CNN. May our society burn in an eternal flame.

October 31, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Beware_of_God

I like to read these kind of stories when I am naked. I enjoy them so much more.

October 31, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. gill

spelling errors hahahah wow

October 31, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Gilbert

@A-spot, if George W. Bush can say "decider", I can say "Sorrier."

October 31, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Someone

Wowee.

This is news??? Guess it's time to head back to something worthwhile, like Farmville.

October 31, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. ed

ive seen better looking girls when i was in high school not to mention here at the uofa

October 31, 2010 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Blackhawk

If your father taught you and your family those principles, then why let your grand daughter enter such things? I understand that you're not the mother, but it seems to me those pageants go directly against the lesson that no one is better than you and you are not better than anyone else.

I mean, what is the point of those pageants other than to pick who is the "best"? Best at what? I have no clue....which is exactly my point.

October 31, 2010 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Martin luthor

When i was a little boy we live on farm in house and we hav 3 ponis and one have big white strips on him but we have others to and we say it ok for him so we have to go and buy strew and hey for them bekuz it get hungry and havs to eat sum fode.

October 31, 2010 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply