November 1st, 2010

Kid's Texas Rangers costume makes him internet sensation

The Texas Rangers face elimination tonight in the World Series but they, or at least one of their fans, has already clinched one title, “Best Halloween costume that makes him look like the manager”.

It may not roll off the tongue like MVP, World Series Champion, or Manager of the Year but seven year-old Liam Roybal of Keller, Texas and his parents managed to make a costume that really does make him look exactly like a mini version of Rangers manager Ron Washington. Being Ron Washington wasn’t what Roybal planned to be when he started planning his Halloween, but it certainly has worked out for him. The two got together for a picture before last night’s game.

CNN affiliate KTXK spoke to Roybal about his thoughts on the team's performance so far.

"Not good,” he said.

When asked why he thought the Rangers were struggling, and why the Giants were winning, Roybal had a simple, but on point answer: "They hit more homeruns."

Now the full-size Ron Washington and his team, down three games to one, hope to throw more of a scare into the San Francisco Giants starting with tonight’s game 5 in Texas.

Post by:
Filed under: Baseball • Sports
  1. Floria sigmundi

O my gosh this is too precious

Checkout this video on YouTube

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUJ4bL6O3uw&w=640&h=360]

November 1, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  2. D.Moore

2funny!!!Thats an original and cool costume!

November 1, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  3. the0ne

Where is the joy in dressing up like the manager of a lousy ball team that doesn't stand a gay's chance in TX of even coming close to taking a ws championship and has no business being there in the first place? This team sucks, just like the worthless state. Prediction: SF 4 games to 1, Rangers fail, rapidly followed by the equally worthless Cowgirls. Ladies.

November 1, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • BrotherJohn OFDallas

We love you, too, man. Come here and get the hug you need so you can feel some Texas love, dawg

November 4, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. T-2000

White lines.....going through my mind.... I'm somethin like a phenomenom...

November 1, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. merle

Let the kid manage the team. The rangers may have a better chance. @theone you dont judge a state by its teams. So what state are you in that is so much better than Texas?

November 1, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  6. the0ne

@merle
    basically, anywhere in N. America is better than that dung heap bastion of ignorance and xenophobia.

November 1, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  7. merle

I would rather live here than many other states. so do tell what heavenly state are you in. Evidently were you live has no social or economic woes

November 1, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  8. merle

As usual people love to belittle Texas. How many of you are proud of where your from? Yeah we got some problems but show me a state that doesnt. Yall rember about stones and glass houses?

November 1, 2010 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  9. kale

@the one– you're so lame, man.

November 1, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Avon Barksdale

I like this kid. He reminds me of myself when I was his age. In the 80's when most of the kids had costumes like The Transformers, He-Man and Superman to name a few. I went dressed as Mayor Richard Daley. And yes I am from Chicago! Being a black kid in Chicago back in the 80's me and my mom couldn't think of anything scarrier than Daley!

November 2, 2010 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  11. crap

Man im so black my crap black. Man im so black my teeth gums are black. Man im so black my lungs are black. Man im so black im purple. Man im so black I want fried chicken. Man im so black I got a white mans name. Man im so black I wish I was white. Man im so black don't hit me. That was my new poem let me know what yall think.

November 2, 2010 at 2:33 am | Report abuse |
  12. Kelly

@crap...
    Just like your name you 'poem' (and I use the word poem lightly) IS crap and is rude, disrespectful and mean-spirited. Grow up you looser.

November 2, 2010 at 3:47 am | Report abuse |