November 11th, 2010

On the Radar: Veterans Day, ruined cruise, Latin Grammys

Veterans of all U.S. wars are honored Thursday.

Veterans Day - America honors its veterans Thursday. Vice President Joe Biden and Defense Secretary Robert Gates will take part in a wreath-laying ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery at 11 a.m. ET.

Be sure to visit CNN.com's Veterans in Focus section for stories, images, video and interactive graphics on:

- a World War II vet's memories of D-Day and how he's training a new generation of warriors;
- how military veterans, the Pentagon and mental health professionals are coming to grips with post-traumatic stress disorder;
- how special courts seek to keep veterans out of prison;
- what might happen next with "don't ask, don't tell"; and
- why a Medal of Honor recipient from the Afghanistan conflict feels angry about the award.

Crippled cruise ship due to return - Thousands of passengers on a crippled cruise ship being towed to San Diego, California, are expected to disembark Thursday from a three-day ordeal that left them without air conditioning or hot showers. Or a decent meal: Their diet became Spam and Pop Tarts rather than steak and chocolate mousse after an engine room fire Monday knocked out the ship's power.

Clinton meeting with Netanyahu - Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is set to meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday in New York, a day after she said the United States is "deeply disappointed" with Israel's decision to build new housing units in sensitive areas of East Jerusalem.

Latin Grammys - After Wednesday night's Country Music Association Awards in Nashville, Tennessee, the stars will be out again Thursday night in Los Angeles, California. The Latin Grammys celebrate the best music of Latin origin or performed by Latin American artists in 41 categories spanning pop, rap/hip-hop, rock, tropical, jazz and classical. Placido Domingo will receive the Person of the Year award. CNN en Español's Ana Maria Montero will report live from the green carpet starting at 4 p.m. ET

Post by:
Filed under: Middle East • Music • On the Radar • Travel • Veterans
  1. Alejandro Fitch

According to http://www.UnivisionMusica.com, the Latin Grammys are happening in Las Vegas, not Los Angeles. I am so excited to watch them tonight!

November 11, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  2. K jacktown michigan

my chocolate mousse tastes like sh.it, im movimg to haiti

November 11, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mehdi General Dr Bad

no i do not hate Women. I love Women. I thank God Every Day For Women.
    I thank God Every day Im not a Woman. I Miss My Women Every Day Even If They Do Hate Me.

November 11, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mehdi General Dr Bad

Even Now Still america hides under The Skirts of MY women.
    Every one asks what Happend WIth Mariah. NO ONe Asks About My Nurse.
    I Met My NUrse Is What Happend after the last Time I broke up With Mariah. Who Is Still Giving My Hell Each and Every Day.
    Then we Have hilary clinont. been using inside info for 20 years .
    at the u.s we have susan rice.
    at the n.s.a we have naplatano.
    in congres we have pelosi and fienstein and boxer and bachman.
    all Women.
    All Problems.

November 11, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mehdi General Dr Bad

now becuse hilalry and pelsoi are women and as guilty as bush, they wont go after bush or the other war criminals.
    and look how these women atck me in here, funny you never see that.
    only thing anyone asked about my NUrse was di she have Big teats,,,well no she doesnt.
    have her get a boob job so next time she is easier to find.
    she is blonde htough. well she was. who knows now.

November 11, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  6. kuuipo

Dr bad, i think you need to see a therapist or just take your meds because your not making any sense to me & some of the things you do mention its like you are talking back to yourself using up the comments section! & don't lie! you do have a problem with women, especially AMERICAN women! why Dr bad? is it because they seem to have it better than you or is it because they are smarter than you or because american women just got it like that & you just cannot stand to see american women get what they want!

November 12, 2010 at 3:34 am | Report abuse |