November 14th, 2010

Six killed in Mexico resort blast

Six people, including one minor, were killed Sunday in a natural gas explosion at a resort in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, authorities and state media reported.

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: Mexico
  1. kh

I hope it really was a gas leak. If it was some kind of attack then what will the people who say the Cartels' never attack the resorts start saying now?

November 14, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. From Cancun, Mexico

I live in Cancun since 1988 very close to the Riviera Maya. Please get the facts right, it was an accident in the kitchen because a gas problem. We are very far from the border with the U.S. where all the problems with the narcos are.

November 14, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. 517blingdongding

A terrible, awful tragedy. Jesus must have had a plan for them.

November 14, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. 517blingdongding

ChangoMango you too have a hardened heart. Pray with me Cnn readers that this poor sinner finds the love of the Lord.

Lord, grant changomango the wisdom to walk this world with a tender heart. On this sabbath day, lord, we beg that you forgive changomango for his wicked malfeasance and guide his sinning heart down the path of love and righteousness. Blessed in your name our lord. Praise be upon you. Praise upon all good Christians who walk your path of light. Heal the demons that tear changomango asunder. In jesus' name.Amen.

November 14, 2010 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. cesar

I've never heard 517 talk like this. He must be a born again Christian or something.

November 14, 2010 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Tracey Ken

This beautiful resort is approx 6 miles north of Playa Del Carmen. A gas tank exploded and unfortunately some tourists and hotel workers have died. This is a tragic accident and my heart goes out to those who perished and their families.
    Cancun and the Riviera Maya are safe places for a holiday – this is a tragic accident that could have happened anywhere in the world

November 14, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. i rock u dont

More americans are murdered in america than mexico tells ya where the safe place to be is

November 14, 2010 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. 517blingdongding

Ig you walk with God, He will protect you. Put on his armor and you will be stronger than iron man 2.

He is our light, the living lord. Ensures your safety in mexaco and on vacationing.

Keep love the lord on your side. He protects you from satanic hispanics and doers of evil south of the boarder.

November 14, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Michael Anton Lylyk

I'm going to mexico in march.. I will look forward to these things.

November 14, 2010 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Gregory

My heartfelt condolences go out to all families that have been affected by this tragic event. When one is on vacation you do not expect tragety to occur. I have been to this resort and will be returning again in early December I am not deterred from going. as I belivee this was an unforntuante natural event. Once again, my condolences to those that have been affected by this unfortunate event.

November 14, 2010 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Debi

My daughter & I just got back from Jamaica 4 days ago. On our FIRST day in Jamaica, we too had an explosion in our hotel's kitchen area. My daughter & I just so happened to be talking to the security guard when it happened. He took off running to the kitchen, as we watched...the whole dining area cleared out. The employees ran out w/their faces covered. We had to leave out to the drive (front of hotel) to get away from the strong odor of gases. When we asked later about the explosion....we got NO explanation. Everyone acted as though it didn't happen :/

November 14, 2010 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. ABC

This is very sad news and definitely a tragic ACCIDENT. I stayed at that resort this past September and had a lovely vacation.

November 15, 2010 at 8:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. adam

lmao my dad was right next to this resort.. luckly hes alive lol :)

November 15, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. owl8

You do realize that you called ALL Mexicans walking turds? You, dear, are part of the problem.

November 14, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Bob

Please, you are a very sick person. That's just what we need Presidend GED. This bimbo is a headcase.

November 14, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply