November 16th, 2010

William and Kate: The web's response

Within seconds of the Clarence House announcement, social media was abuzz with news of the royal engagement.

"Prince William" and "Kate Middleton" quickly shot to the top of Twitter's trending topics, where comments on the social network were mainly congratulatory.

Some tweeters were already agog with excitement about the wedding day. Amy Patel (therealamypatel) tweeted, "Does Kate Middleton have to pick a traditional wedding dress? – can't wait to follow the royal wedding planning!" and Adam Huckle Films (adamhucklefilms) posted, "Better buy a fancy hat." Angeldirecto was already keen for memorabilia: "Somebody send me a tea towel or a plate w/ their faces!"

The shadow of Diana, Princess of Wales could be perceived in some comments. Evangeline Holland (evangelineh) posted, "I hope Prince William and Kate Middleton will have a (relatively) normal marriage."

Others expressed their hopes that the wedding would be a modest affair.

Didi Vonmonied (MissDeeN) said, "So will Kate and Wills have a budget wedding? In these times of austerity, we need to watch the pennies," while Matt Davies (matt–davies) said, "Given that 'we're all in this together' and most of us will be homeless by next summer, the royal wedding will be a toned down affair, yes?"

Some of Prince William's fans, such as Ewa Pandjaitan (EP2410), expressed distress at the news. "Oohhh, heart broken," she said. "My my my." User omg–ilubit expressed wry disbelief: "What? Prince William is engaged? I don't remember him proposing to me."

FULL STORY

Post by:
Filed under: Web Pulse • World Web Pulse
  1. duke

Who cares??

November 16, 2010 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  2. JustMe

My response is "who the heck cares??"

November 16, 2010 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  3. Graham Chapman made for a great queen

Yawn. . .didn't get my invite. Who cares?

November 16, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jim Brieske

How politically correct is this? This pathetic little creature Prince William asked for her hand in Africa. Garbage.
    Dad where do you think I should ask her to marry me at? Well you are the future King of England. So London won't do. How bout Kenya?
    He also gave her Diana's engagement ring.
    If he knew everything, he would disown his father and dead or not, his mother. The final straw, she went and got pregnant by a Muslim playboy. Very stupid poor judgement by her, she crossed the line.
    The result. Being chased by assassins at high speed through a French tunnel. Dodi Fayed's father is correct. He needs to get revenge or move on by selling his son's apartment.
    jim

November 16, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jim Brieske

Personally. I would move on if I were Dodi Fayed's father and sell Dodi's apartment. That tells God, Okay I trust you will make things right.
    God will then.
    jim

November 16, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jim Brieske

When I say she crossed the line that's motive to a group of Royals.
    When a homicide car accident takes place one knows exactly where the bodies will be taken. It's really easy to plan ahead. Then her being pregnant is disregarded. Because that's the motive for murdering her.
    The question is was she coordinating with Prince Charles her exact schedule to transfer the boys back and forth? If so, then he knew where she was.
    jim

November 16, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  7. hum

what do you get when you cross and iceberg with a flame?
    muddy water.

November 16, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  8. hum

The best laid schemes of mice and men often go astray ...

especially the one where the mouse puts the thorn in the lions paw and then pretends to be the lion's hero when it removes the pain.

lions aren't stupid

but mice are

November 16, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jim Brieske

hum. Translate comment # 8 and stop writing in riddles.
    jim

November 16, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jim Brieske

hum. thanx.
    jim

November 16, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  11. hum

Just give it a second and it'll sink in.

..hold your breath when in tunnels cuz it stinks in there!!!!

November 16, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  12. hum

😎

November 16, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mark

Find your love free at

free dating site for singles!!

January 11, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |